BJORK..possibly maybe? definitley tonight Aussies +TC-D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Luckily I was listening to some of the Hottest 100 countdown on triple J yesterday.
They announced that tonight ( Monday27th) at 8pm there will be a live Bjork concert broadcast.
They said " do you want to attend the concert that Bono and PJ Harvey went along to? Hear Bjork and 10 Inuit backing vocalists...." Funny they mentioned Bono. I remember him hearing describe Bjork as a pixie with a voice like an icepick.

I watched "Dancer In the Dark " recently....brilliant, clever,heart-rending,powerful.
I think live concerts are a great way to hear the true worth of an artist. I don't complain as much since I discovered Bjork .I look forward to this.

Enjoy.....

woops I forgot to mention Troy.
This past week has seen the biggest Country Music Festival in Oz at Tamworth. It culminates in the Golden Guitar Awards.
A local lad, Troy Cassar- Daley, once again won best male artist. He now has 9 Golden Guitars.
Hub used to be the sound man for his early band "little eagle" and his mum is a respected local artist, I have worked on some community projects with her. We are very proud of Troy. He is a wonderful man.Well done.
He has a song called"dream out loud".

...love me

JJJ-Thank You

I missed the broadcast last week. I had a friend in need, I was helping her move furniture up the mountain....two hours she said!!! Oh yeah. I just got back to my cat, turned the radio to Triple J and heard Bjork introduce her band and the singers, and beautifully sing the last song of the concert "it's In Our hands"
I did notice the audience were going off....that Bono!!
ANyway...all is not lost, they are repeating the broadcast...heck , very soon, 5 pm TODAY!!! maybe an Aussie Bjork fan will read this and appreciate the knowledge...
possibly
maybe
I better go cue a tape...what a day
Dylan at dawn
Bjork in the afternoon.

Thank you.....oh great god of musical goings on.:heart:

Yes I caught that concert last week, it's pretty good. However I'm finding myself leaning more toward early Bjork these days. Her 'Debut' has a fresh inviting vibe that's altogether missing from her music now. Vespertine is beautiful but oh, so cold.

Loved her new rendition of Human Behaviour though.

It got even better....
I went to my room early last night, listened to Wide awake in America( gosh that is good!!)
when that ended turned on the radio ABC...and they are bacK!!!
The coodabeens!!
I know some people think they are occers and go on with a lot of crap...which they do...but I enjoy them. I'm stoked.It was a great day, beginning to end
except for the bit about follower leaving the forum...

Bjork, I only have the Post album, which I love. They said she has a "best of CD"...but I think I might spend my CD pennies on Daniel Lanois' new album.
hang on...I have to get the Elevation concert DVD out of lay-by this week....crikeys. So much good music.
I love the radio.

hey cass.. word is out there?s a good new album called "dub side of the moon" - no joke, lol, a reggae version of the floyd - by the easy star all stars. have you heard it? where to get it?

nope, haven't heard of that one hiphop....lively up your pink floyd? maybe not.My guitar playing son is so into floyd...music to my ears.Well one of them, the other is here beside me teaching himself "classical gas" and wishing I would get off the computer!

but late-breaking Australian radio news...continued.

James O'Loughlin does the early evening show on ABC radio weekdays. He is very witty and sweet. Tonight he is hosting a concert "An Evening Without Fred Hollows" featuring the band George, Troy Cassar-Daley and Jimmy Little( I am so sorry how the yorta yorta native title claim turned out, how can they prove continuing connection to the land? they were forceably removed)
anyways..
Fred Hollows, a very special hard-working Aussie, taken from us well before the work he wanted to do was completed. His wife reminds me of Ali Hewson:) If you want to know more about him check out
www.hollows.org.
Five Fivers For Fred.
RIP old mate, thanks

woops again

An Evening Without Fred Hollows......
next Monday night...I'm sure about that this time.
I hope anyone who tuned in enjoyed"Norman the Quiz"( how can so many people not know so many things?I knew that was Jose Feliciano from the first note....quiz shows drive me bats sometimes...I love them!!)
I'm glad I had an excuse to come back here. I wrote Rest In Peace Fred....I thought later, Fred would not want to rest in peace, he'll be up there raising merry hell. He was never restful or quiet, he wanted people to sit up and take notice and get active. I see they are having the annual fundraising skinnydip.
We sure lost one of colourful sons the day dear Fred died.

Radio Gaga:yes: :wave:

hey hiphop, you must have heard Dread Zeppelin?

Back
Top Bottom