Bjork apreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafmed

Refugee
I love her voice, her personality, the intimacy of her lyrics, the riches of her music...she will release soon a greatest hits album.

bjo4.jpg

bjoblack.jpg

bjork4.jpg

debut2.jpg

um...that's ok...I think you'd look better in it

The goose/swan/whatever that thing is outfit is worthy of the :reject:

Last edited:
i play deadddd

rrrrooowwrrrooooeeeeeroooooooooooooorrrrrrrrraarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

I :heart: BJORK!!!
Her lyrics are incredible and that voice is pure heaven.
Coolest rock chick on the planet!

I love love love love love her!!!!!

Damn, raffie, u are one funky dude.

*lets out bjork style roar :lol: :lol:

and if u complain once more you'll meet an army of me

now bjork is a cowgirl....

bjork.jpg

Bjork-04.jpg

foto1.jpg

this is my fave pic of her :heart:
bjork.jpg

Last edited:
It was the 80s, it was a Saturday night. We had waited though a couple of opening acts. We were at the ?Grand Hotel? in downtown Los Angeles across the street from what was commonly known as the heroine attics park.

Anyway, around 2 am the Sugarcubes come on the stage in the upstairs poorly lit ballroom. Well, I was mesmerized, the whole band was great >Bjork was otherworldly! Her passion, presence, vulnerability and originality are unmatched. What a night! I have been a huge fan ever since.
15-1.jpg
10-1.jpg

Last edited:
Since I met you
This small town hasn't got room
For my big feelings

Violently happy
'Cause i love you
Violently happy
But you're not here
Violently happy
Come calm me down
Before I get into trouble

I tip-toe down to the shore
Stand by the ocean
Make it roar at me
And I roar back.

Violently happy
'Cause I love you
Violently happy
But you're not here
Violently happy
Overemotional
Violently happy
I'll get into trouble
Real soon
If you don't get here
Baby.

Violently happy
'Cause I love you
Violently happy
I'm aiming too high
Violently happy
It will get me into trouble
Violently happy
I'm driving my car
Too fast
With ecstatic music on.

Violently happy
I'm getting too drunk
Violently happy
I'm daring people
To jump off roofs with me
Only you
Can clam me down
I'm aiming too high
Soothe me

bjork

Hyper Ballad...SIGH :sad:

We live on a mountain
Right at the top
There's a beautiful view
From the top of the mountain
Every morning I walk towards the edge
And throw little things off
Like car-parts, bottles and cutlery
Or whatever I find lying around
It's become a habit
A way to start the day

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier
To be safe up here with you

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier

It's real early morning
No-one is awake
I'm back at my cliff
Still throwing things off
I listen to the sounds they make
On their way down
I follow with my eyes 'til they crash
Imagine what my body would sound like
Slamming against those rocks
When it lands
Will my eyes
Be closed or open?

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier

I go through all this
Before you wake up
So I can feel happier

Safe up ( here with you ) ...

possibly maaaybeeee..babe who knows whats going to happen

she's wearing a sydney t shirt!!!! :laugh:
i wear my hair like that a lot :D

i miss you

you are gorgeous
but i havent met you yet
i remember
but it hasnt happened yet
and if you believe in dreams....

a dream can come true

were u peeking rafmed? :sexywink:
yeaahhaoooohhooooaarrrrhhhhh

the hardcore and the gentle.....

i dont have any decent pics, none im willing to show here anyway lol
i just put it up that way to get in full bjork mode. im wobbling my head big time sensuality style just for you raffie.
rrooooorrroowwwwww

Re: the hardcore and the gentle.....

Cowgirl said:
i dont have any decent pics, none im willing to show here anyway lol
i just put it up that way to get in full bjork mode. im wobbling my head big time sensuality style just for you raffie.
rrooooorrroowwwwww

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

by the way, you can send the pics to my email :mac:

have?? :eyebrow:

man they must be old and icky if u do lol :eek: @what u didnt say though
i will have to find some bjorky ones for u later matey, im off to see no doubt and gotta go party meself up for the gig! woooohoooo
night night

Loveth Bjork

BJORK is absolutely amazing. She has been my absolute FAVORITE female artist for almost 10 years now. (Sheesh i'm getting old) She is very strange, and she's definitely an aquired taste, Most people I know just think shes INSANE, and to some extent, they may be right....but she is a musical genious, and I really look up to her. Hell, when i was 14 and had no mind of my own I used to actualy try to dress like her....and I'm not talking for Halloween either.....:banghead:

I waited 7 years to see her live and It was worth every second. I sat home and cried when she came in 1994 or 95? and did a show that I was not old enough to attend at the time. In fact, in an indirect way, she's actually the start of the reason I know all of you....My chain to this place started in Chicago last october--on a trip to see her show, and then remarkably the day after the U2 show(which we obviously extended our trip and extra day for.....) Where I met the person that introduced me to the MN interferencers who then introduced me to you guys!!! Yay for BJORK!!!!

Last edited:
I only have one Bjork CD" Post" I just commented today , it is a night time album to me. I love her combination of raw strength and delicate control. I think a female bell -like voice is one of the sweetest sounds. She hit notes and uses her voice in a way that creates a very pleasant vibration.Her use of lyrics, so sparse, precise, deftly placed.Very intelligent, strong, piercing.I cannot quite catch some of the things she is saying, only in a couple of places. On that album she touches on some very powerful imagery. I know nothing about her background, her age etc. but feel somehow familiar. She is gorgeous. imho I like what I have heard so far. I hope she continues to create and record.

I bought her album and Bowie's album heathen in the same month. It seems to me, they have something in common. I would love it if they collaborated on something. I think it will be Bjork's album I shall reach for more often than Bowie in years to come. As I said , at the moment my favourite winter nightime, hunker down early music.POST.It strikes me as winternightime time music. Perfect:)Thanks for the push

Amanda, 7.10 here, no doubt you are looking and feeling fine right about now.I hope you have agreat big ball. Hard not too with such a good band and vibe. You'll be wired for days, I'll bet.

The news of a best of album from Bjork i:heart: Thanks for the news rafmed. It's good, indeed. Made my day. Cheers musiclovers.Be safe, be wonderful,cover me:love:

Attachments

• ozartexpress99.jpg
    ozartexpress99.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 21
yay for Bjork!

a good cyber-buddy of mine over in Finland made me a CD for my bday a couple years ago, which included a couple of amazing Bjork tunes...and from then on, I was hooked! I really liked the Sugarcubes when they were big in the early 90s, but never bought any of their stuff.

Her music is enchanting, her lyrics are compelling, and her voice is so unusual...she certainly is one of the most quirky *looking* artists on the music scene (to say nothing of her *coughfashionsensecough*, which really needs some help, I tink) :tsk:

She's definitely her own person....and that rocks! :heart:

I luuuurve Bjork- she is just so funky and stylish and I love her voice and the way that I came to love her is by way of U2 actually, I remember in 93 when my friend and I were on our way down to Brisbane to see our Zoomerang show that we must of heard Venus as a boy a million times that day, it was on the telly real early in the morning, then we heard it on the train and then it was on another telly station that day and on and on and on and I remember thinking I really like this song, so the next day I bought debut and fell in love with Bjork and in the January of 94 I saw her live on the Gold coast for the Big Day Out- Bjork was playing here with this touring festival which also included the Ramones, Soundgarden the Breeders and well she just stole the show, for being so tiny she made the whole site come alive and I remember further falling in love and then I bought everything the Sugarcubes had done and I really like them too and after Post came out I saw her live again and had front row seats- my friends and I were in the standing section and were hanging on to the security railing- I dont know how we managed to be so close but it was great, I can still remember vividly the lighting for I miss you!

But I must admit that I havnt bought anything of hers since Post, I dont know why, none of what I have heard has really grabbed me, but I did see dancer in the dark and she thought she was great in that- the ending however made me sad though.....and yes I have put my hair up in heaps of little zulu knots before- now come on female Bjork lovers, who hasnt?????????:)

Bjork doesn't look human.

I have only recently been getting very heavily into Bjork. The three albums I love & have listened to death are, in chronological order of me getting into them

Selmasongs

A long time ago, I posted a thread about how I just don't get Bjork's music. I asked, what exactly does Bjork contribute to in the production process? - a question that I don't think was answered... I mean, I want to know how much of the lyrics are her own, does she actually compose the orchestral parts, does she have a hand in the electronica tweaking... all that. I want to know, I want to know :banghead:

foray

Back
Top Bottom