Bjork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
She's so fucking strange. That's why I love her. And for those who hate her because "she can't sing"? Well, who said any of those Pearl Jam clones could sing? Blech.

I rediscovered her the other day, popping in "Homogenic" again. How much I love this album and all her other work.

Bjork fans anyone?

Melon

her name grosses me out.

for some reason ive never given her a listen. dont know why. it must be her name.

did i tell you i cant stand her name?

You should check out "Homogenic." If you like Radiohead and Sigur Ros as much as I think you do, I think this album will be right up your alley.

I like her name, thank you very much. :angry:

lol...

Melon

I mostly own more recent Bjork albums (Homogenic, Selmasongs, and Vespertine), but I'd love to check out Post and Debut. I love her name, and I really can't understand why anyone would say that she can't sing. Her voice is incredible! :bow:

Not to mention her acting. Dancer in the Dark is in my Top 3 for sure.

Her music is really awesome, and I see her as a real trailblazer in music (and fashion!). Radiohead fans should at least check out "I've Seen It All" on Selmasongs--it's a duet with Thom Yorke. I remember reading in Spin magazine, I think it was, in their year-end issue a few years back, where they interviewed different musicians and chatted about the past year. One of the questions they asked was, "What song do you wish you had written?" Thom Yorke said "Joga" by Bjork. I completely understand. What an amazing song!

Anyway, yeah. I love Bjork. :heart: :bow: :combust:

I only have Post ...so far.
I admire her greatly.
She is a powerful little woman, another old soul who knows what's what, imho.
I only watched Dancer In The Dark recently....harrowing,brilliant.Trust and integrity, so sad.
I also have a live concert on tape from London. Bono was in the audience that night:)
Bjork:)
it's in our hands

Homogenic is such an incredible album. Post & Vespertine are too! Her dvd "Live at Bush Empire" or something like that is fantastic. Version of "Alarm Call" is tops too!
She does a great duet with Thom Yorke called "I've Seen It All" from the Selmasongs soundtrack. Beautiful.

Last edited:
i feel like im missing out.

i wish i had avoided this thread and kept my dignity.

that way youd all just assume id have heard her wonderful ways.

HeartlandGirl said:
I mostly own more recent Bjork albums (Homogenic, Selmasongs, and Vespertine), but I'd love to check out Post and Debut. I love her name, and I really can't understand why anyone would say that she can't sing. Her voice is incredible! :bow:

Her music is really awesome, and I see her as a real trailblazer in music (and fashion!). Radiohead fans should at least check out "I've Seen It All" on Selmasongs--it's a duet with Thom Yorke. I remember reading in Spin magazine, I think it was, in their year-end issue a few years back, where they interviewed different musicians and chatted about the past year. One of the questions they asked was, "What song do you wish you had written?" Thom Yorke said "Joga" by Bjork. I completely understand. What an amazing song!

yeah, what she said
:heart:

I'll add to what she said that I do have Post and Debut and I think Post is my favorite. I think I got whiplash one time dancing in my living room to "I Miss You" but maybe that's one for Zoo Confessionals. :reject:

Sounds like I need to bust out the amazon.com gift certificate my mom gave me and purchase myself some Post and Debut. A student of mine made me a mix CD and I Miss You is on it. What a groovin' song!

I also just got my e-mail Bjork newsletter...apparently she's going to release a boxed set of all (or at least four, my brain has fogged) of her albums, only they will be all live performances! :hyper:

How much money is this gift certificate worth anyway? :D

Bjork is my top #1 female artist. I have a whole shelf JUST for her CD's, singles and sugarcubes stuff...tho the sugarcubes were way more poppy...still good stuff.

When she came to my town in 94 i cried all night cuz she did an 18+ show and i was but 14 :angry: but alas, 7 years later she visited the US of A and i followed her to Chicago. The show was excellent. AWESOME...I love this woman.

Bear you want me to send you my bjork "best of?" ;) no for real. You'd like homogenic. and possibly vespertine.

Post is my favourite although some would say Homogenic was more cohesive and mature albumwise. But Post has my favourite song Isobel

I recently watched a doco titled Inside Bjork - anyone seen it? She's hilarious. In it, she explained her swan dress and how it was about her trying to project on the outside what she feels on the inside. Elton John was interviewed; he kept going on and on about how great she is and how those blasted americans have no taste so they gave her a bloody hard time about that damned swan dress.

Plus, her boyfriend's art is cool.

foray

HeartlandGirl said:
One of the questions they asked was, "What song do you wish you had written?" Thom Yorke said "Joga" by Bjork. I completely understand. What an amazing song!

And all anyone needs to do is listen to that song to realize what an outstanding amazing voice she has. I LOVE Bjork!!!

She's amazing. Has anyone seen the special on her (I think it was on Bravo or IFC or something) where Bono gives his praise to her?

HeartlandGirl said:

:up:

I really didn't know her music before I saw the movie... but that haunting song for her son that she sings at the end of the movie made me a fan of hers for life!

:heart:

And I quite like her voice... I find it soothing... now I can't wait to get home and listen to some Bjork :)

Matmos is the group she collaborates with for weird sounds. "In their recordings and live performances over the last nine years, Matmos have used the sounds of: amplified crayfish nerve tissue, the pages of bibles turning, a bowed five string banjo, slowed down whistles and kisses, water hitting copper plates, the runout groove of a vinyl record, a $5.00 electric guitar, liposuction surgery, cameras and VCRs, chin implant surgery, contact microphones on human hair, violins, rat cages, tanks of helium, violas, human skulls, cellos, peck horns, tubas, cards shuffling, field recordings of conversations in hot tubs, frequency response tests for defective hearing aids, a steel guitar recorded in a sewer, electrical interference generated by laser eye surgery, whoopee cushions and balloons, latex fetish clothing, rhinestones on a dinner plate, Polish trains, insects, ukelele, aspirin tablets hitting a drum kit from across the room, dogs barking, people reading aloud, life support systems and inflatable blankets, records chosen by the roll of dice, an acupuncture point detector conducting electrical current through human skin, rock salt crunching underfoot, solid gold coins spinning on bars of solid silver, the sound of a frozen stream thawing in the sun, a five gallon bucket of oatmeal."

She admires U2 as well. In an interview once, she mentioned how she envies their family-oriented group because they are constantly surrounded by old friends and beloved.

foray

BonoVoxSupastar said:
She's amazing. Has anyone seen the special on her (I think it was on Bravo or IFC or something) where Bono gives his praise to her?

YES! i have it on tape :) shes freaking adorable. :cute:

i used to dress like her in high school :eek:

I just got a ticket to see the divine Ms. Bjork at Red Rocks in Colorado in August. :dance:

I've never seen her live before.

joyfulgirl said:
I just got a ticket to see the divine Ms. Bjork at Red Rocks in Colorado in August. :dance:

I've never seen her live before.

*is jealous...but in a good way!

That sounds rockin'! I'm sure you're in for a treat!

Nope--GA is just $37.50 + TM fees and reserved seats are $55 +fees. Same as Tori, more or less.

p.s. I LOVE Li-Young Lee :heart: I saw him read once. I sat in the front row and :drool:

Back
Top Bottom