Bjork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a name like Bjork, you're bound to be a little out of the ordinary.

I have only heard two songs by her-"It's Oh So Quiet", which I like...and the video's cool, too, and "Human Behaviour", which is an odd song on its own, and then it has one of the most fucked up videos I've ever seen in my life to go along with it.

And yet, I like that song, too. And I like the video as well (I like bizarre videos).

Based on the little I've heard by her, and based on the little I've seen and read about her, she seems cool.

I've never seen "Dancer In The Dark", but it doesn't surprise me that some of you here like it, 'cause I've heard many good things about it.

I've thought about checking out some other stuff by her, but I just never really get around to doing so.

Looks like I'll have to do that.

Angela

I'm a big Bjork fan. I love her "Homogenic" album, I think its her best one. I wasn't too crazy about "Vespertine". It did have a lot of odd and cool sounds, like footsteps in snow, but I found it too...well, dry is the word I'd use. It wasn't as fun, explosive as her other work.

I have almost all of her CDs, except for "Debut", but I would be adding that to the list, soon.
I also saw the movie "Dancer in the Dark". I thought she was fantastic in it, and the soundtrack is pretty good, too. ("Scatterheart" is my favorite track on that one)

originally posted by melon:
Anyone see her "Cocoon" video? So beautifully freaky.

Do you mean her "Pagan Poetry" video? 'Cause I haven't seen any video for "Cocoon", but I've pieces of "Pagan", and that one is pretty freaky, with her back getting pierced.

I didn't freak out about her swan dress. But, I didn't understand why she wore it, and it wasn't standard Oscar wear, but I figured, hey, that's Bjork, she dresses like that, that's her style, why not?

And I never had a problem about her name. I mean, it's a Icelandic name, a foreign country, yeah, it would sound a little weird, so what gives?

Perle

P.S. I haven't seen her in concert, either. :sigh: But I'd like to.
To anyone who has seen her in concert: what's it like? how does she perform,etc?

Last edited:
originally posted by melon
http://unit.bjork.com/specials/cocoon/

Melon

:eyebrow:

OK. That was odd.
Is that why you made the pictures from the video your avatar and sig? You like it that much?

Perle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom