Bizarro-world Radiohead news....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Hanson covers Radiohead's 'Optimistic'

Hanson, of 'Mmmbop' fame, has been covering Radiohead?s 'Optimistic' on their latest tour, the Underneath Tour, which started this July 5. The group have opened with 'Optimistic' on both nights at their NYC Irving Plaza shows.

http://www.ateaseweb.com/news/archive/001088.php

....in some sick/sad/disturbing way, I really want to hear this....

I feel bad for them though
it seems like they really have improved upon their taste in music, and they have a genuine desire to make music that is not mainstream, but they'll never be accepted by the 'indie kids'...if they do, the world will begin turning the opposite way

I have to give them credit though, when they started out the oldest was what 14 or something. They could play their own instuments, they could sing somewhat, there songs just left a lot to be desired unless of course you were a 14 year old girl and it that case you had all you desired...I mean look at most kids who break into the industry at that age. Most of them don't even know how to hold a guitar no less make an F chord. They've stuck it out, hopefully they've all gone through puberty now and their voices have finished changing. They are still together and for brothers that's hard. I haven't heard anything since mmmbop, but I still give them some credit. And apparently they have quite a following and not just 14 year old girls anymore, I saw a venue back in Dallas one day with a line wrapped around the building of all these highschool college age kids and asked my friend who was playing because I hadn't seen this club this packed since the White Stripes...he said it's an acoustic show by Hanson:|

So who knows.

wow. that is the single wierdest thing i've heard in some time.

....if anyone ever somehow finds a recording of this, please let me know......

I've been thinking about this (pathetic, I know). It makes sense. Hanson are trying to be indie now, so maybe they think covering Radiohead will help their case. It's a pretty big gap between early Hanson fans and Radiohead fans--a gap Hanson are now trying to bridge.

I for one don't want to hear anyone covering Radiohead (well, maybe The Darkness :wink: ), but I can't say I blame them in light of what they're trying to accomplish musically now.

Back
Top Bottom