Bitter Tea...bitches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The new album from The Fiery Furnaces (the best band in the United States until The Hold Steady released Separation Sunday, last year...and The Woods didn't really do them no favors, either), entitled Bitter Tea, has leaked. I doubt it'll restore them to the lofty status they attainted upon the release of the outrageously spectacular Blueberry Boat, which rivaled and sometimes even surpassed the perfection of Kid A, but at least it's new. Right?

I have not even finished dl'ing the whole thing, but I'm curious as to what anybody else who's heard it may have to say about the whole thing. I'm only two tracks in, and already it's listenable...a HUGE improvement over Rehearsing My Choir (aka, The Worst Album in the History of Modern Music). This has me more-than-cautiously optimistic.

I wish to join Eleanor (and even the dude from Franz Ferdinand, if he's still around) "In My Little Thatched Hut."

Over and out.

I'm bumping my own thread on principal alone, because surely I'm not the only person who takes music seriously in here, right?

Peeps is responding to a "DARE" thread for a single which came out like 200 years ago, so why not jump on with this here bad boy?

By now I've listened to the album in its entirety, and I like it quite a bit. While I can't say it's changed my life as of yet, I can say with less than no doubt that it's a great deal better than the so-overrated-it-fucking-hurts new Destroyer album. Again, I'm just assuming that this will mean something to somebody.

Rock it and roll it. Good tunes abound. Benton Harbor or bust. Etc.

I take music seriously. I like some Fiery Furnaces stuff, though I also find them a bit frustrating. However, due to Blueberry Boat, I'll likely give their next album a listen when it comes out.

barlowdog said:
I take music seriously. I like some Fiery Furnaces stuff, though I also find them a bit frustrating. However, due to Blueberry Boat, I'll likely give their next album a listen when it comes out.

Hell yeah. That's all I wanted. :) And, yes, being serious about music does NOT mean enjoying the music of the Furnaces. In fact, in many cases it seems to mean something quite the opposite. I just think it also means that somebody (much like you, barlowdog) has to consider the album/band/whatever.

Or, you know...at least tell me why I'm a jackass for caring. Can't be that hard. Something. :wink:

I saw TFF in concert and they were amazingly talented and brilliantly entertaining. I have yet to listen to the albums though. How is the studio stuff compared with live?

I prefer the studio material (again, MINUS THE GHASTLY Rehearsing My Choir) to the live performance, which is exhiliratingly crazy in its own right.

Although Blueberry Boat is easily my favorite album of the decade, the best and cheapest place to start is EP. You get pretty much everything the band has to offer. It's a good buy for you or anybody else, Hoodlem.

If you like that, feel free to move on to Gallowsbird's Bark and the aforementioned masterpiece. Honestly, though, the music is try-before-you-buy in every sense. Not for everybody, but if you like the live show then you're halfway there.

I like a lot of stuff out there, but I really have a hard time getting into The Fiery Furnaces. I liked a couple songs on Blueberry Boat, but their music to me is too schizophrenic. Another band like this for me is Deerhoof. I listen, but I do not love. :huh:

i just can't quite take them. i really love EP.. but their other stuff is impenetrable to me. The new one is fun, but.. at the end of the day i'd rather be listening to a whole crapload of other things.

Well, rather than start up a new one, I'm just going to re-re-bump this old thread of mind, since Bitter Tea, the latest mini-opus from The Fiery Furnaces, sees its official US release on this fine Tuesday.

I still like the album a whole lot without thinking it equals either Gallowsbird's Bark or the masterpiece which was Blueberry Boat. I hope I'm not the only one who's buyin' it for real, so let's hear from everybody else--love it, hate, or otherwise it. Just SAY it.

And, come on. Who doesn't love the album cover? It's like going to a public library in Chicago or New York City in, like, 1962...and there ain't a god damn thing wrong with that, if'n you ask me.

Hmm, well I have never heard of this band until opening this thread about 30 minutes ago. Anyways,so I googled their website and checked out some of the music you can listen to there.

I think it may be a bit unusual for my mainstream musical tastes - however, I quite liked "Single Again" - quite funky at the beginning and some interesting lyrics about a nasty husband.

Back
Top Bottom