Bitey-Bitey, Pitcairn Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess :sigh: and now of course the auto industry has their hands out too. i know if any bank or car company failed it'd be catastrophic, but i don't think giving out billions to banks will solve anything.

me either.

i guess :sigh: and now of course the auto industry has their hands out too. i know if any bank or car company failed it'd be catastrophic, but i don't think giving out billions to banks will solve anything.

I won't shed a tear if any car company collapses.

Given the favourable political climate car companies have operated in since about the 1930s, and the fact they have now become resistant to innovation out of a fear that it may threaten their profits, they really only have themselves to blame if they go down in a screaming heap. The chips have been completely in their favour and they've fucking blown it through the most utterly mindless, short-sighted greed.

We should do away with cars entirely, and use that money to build rail lines EVERYWHERE.

Think how happy Ax would be.

When I was eleven, I wrote this story set in a city where roads did not exist. In place of main roads were railway lines, then all through the suburbs were tramways fanning off from these railways.

And intercity trains could go as fast as planes.

I won't shed a tear if any car company collapses.

Given the favourable political climate car companies have operated in since about the 1930s, and the fact they have now become resistant to innovation out of a fear that it may threaten their profits, they really only have themselves to blame if they go down in a screaming heap. The chips have been completely in their favour and they've fucking blown it through the most utterly mindless, short-sighted greed.
what i love best about the car companies is the ability for alternate fuel, like hydrogen or ethanol is there, but how many of these cars do you see on the road? it should be mandatory for every company to make at least two alternate fuel cars, and all cars, suvs, trucks, everything should have a minimum mileage it must meet. and not anything pathetic like 10 mpg, something good. oh, and there should be tax incentives for buying cars with excellent mileage and things like that. no more incentives for everyone buying hummers.

what i love best about the car companies is the ability for alternate fuel, like hydrogen or ethanol is there, but how many of these cars do you see on the road? it should be mandatory for every company to make at least two alternate fuel cars, and all cars, suvs, trucks, everything should have a minimum mileage it must meet. and not anything pathetic like 10 mpg, something good. oh, and there should be tax incentives for buying cars with excellent mileage and things like that. no more incentives for everyone buying hummers.

:fuckyeah:

KhanadaRhodes 2012!

When I was eleven, I wrote this story set in a city where roads did not exist. In place of main roads were railway lines, then all through the suburbs were tramways fanning off from these railways.

And intercity trains could go as fast as planes.
You are such a nerd :cute:

Yes. THIS. Hummers should be fucking illegal for civilians. There is no need to drive a MILITARY VEHICLE to the fucking Dairy Queen. *has witnessed that too much*

Fucking hell, you guys keeping tabs on the terrorist attacks in Mumbai?

:fuckyeah:

KhanadaRhodes 2012!
:love:

Yes. THIS. Hummers should be fucking illegal for civilians. There is no need to drive a MILITARY VEHICLE to the fucking Dairy Queen. *has witnessed that too much*
exactly! i love when i'm behind a hummer and they slam on their brakes for a pothole. ahh yes, a vehicle designed to drive over land mines can't possibly go faster than 10 mph over a little bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom