Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Iron Lung is really heavy. I'm not sure if the lead guitar part from that is all my style. Kind of out there sound.

Nice Dream isn't much, but I love where it is placed on the album, smack in the middle. It's a nice breather before things crank up again. So in the context of the album, I like it a lot.

I like the midsection quite a bit. The change in chord progression is quite thrilling. Other than that, I find it unassuming, and a wee bit predictable. I only skip it when I don't have time to listen to the entire album.

The title track is probably my favorite so far, though I'm still trying to figure out what it sounds like.

Just was through the roof live, but the hits aren't as appealing to me as many of the rest here. Black Star is absolutely awesome, a top 10 song for Radiohead in general IMO.

When I saw them in 2002 they were supposed to close the show with The Bends (according to the setlist). Right before they were set to begin the song, Thom stopped and said: "What? Just? OK."

Apparently there were a few up front who were yelling for Just. Thom switched guitars and they tore through a scorching version of Just. I stood there with my mouth agape at the show's conclusion. :shocked:

What are the hits from The Bends? I honestly haven't a clue.

High And Dry
Fake Plastic Trees
Just
My Iron Lung (only mildly)
Street Spirit

Of those, the only one I would place in the top 5 for the album is Fake Plastic Trees.

1. Black Star
2. Fake Plastic Trees
3. The Bends
4. Bulletproof
5. Planet Telex

:hmm: yeah, looking online, the only actual apple store is in sydney. wtf. they must be just now branching out to australia.

which comp do you have? imac? i'd say you just buck up and buy the cable :tongue: if it doesn't work, well, see if you can guilt your mom into paying for it or something. :wink:

Yeah, it's an iMac. Deceptively heavy little bugger. My mother's actually already offered to pay for the cable, since she knows I'm so stingy that I don't feel like forking out for it, but I want to waste her money even less than I want to waste my own.

I just wish I could find somebody with an adaptor I could borrow. I only need a single usage to determine if it's what I need or not!

When I saw them in 2002 they were supposed to close the show with The Bends (according to the setlist). Right before they were set to begin the song, Thom stopped and said: "What? Just? OK."

Apparently there were a few up front who were yelling for Just. Thom switched guitars and they tore through a scorching version of Just. I stood there with my mouth agape at the show's conclusion. :shocked:

At my show, right smack in the middle, Radiohead played Paranoid Android, followed by Just.

The crowd was elated, to say the least. It's an incredible thing to hear; the crowd knew every word of both.

Yeah, it's an iMac. Deceptively heavy little bugger. My mother's actually already offered to pay for the cable, since she knows I'm so stingy that I don't feel like forking out for it, but I want to waste her money even less than I want to waste my own.

I just wish I could find somebody with an adaptor I could borrow. I only need a single usage to determine if it's what I need or not!
awww, well that's sweet.

heh, i'd let you borrow one if i had it! i have ethernet cables and usb cables, but not a combo of both. we've amassed so many cables, we have one of everything, really :hmm: but no ethernet-to-usb.

awww, well that's sweet.

heh, i'd let you borrow one if i had it! i have ethernet cables and usb cables, but not a combo of both. we've amassed so many cables, we have one of everything, really :hmm: but no ethernet-to-usb.

I'm kind of tempted to post to the Melbourne LJ community to see if anybody has one they'd let me borrow. Though maybe I should just buy one and figure it'll come in useful at some later date even if I don't need it now.

Though it'd be a Mac cable and who knows if I'll keep using Mac. If I get a laptop, quite frankly I'd most want it to be a Windows XP laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom