Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what that is.
fuck, i figured you guys would have actual apple stores there. genius bar is their in-store tech support.

does the place you bought your comp from have anything like that? where you can bring it in and they'll see what's wrong with it? this way you'd know if that's the problem before shelling out $40 for a possibly useless cable.

Were you able to download Abbey Road ok?

The site you gave me went a little faster (not by much), but I had time to do it, so it worked out.

Plus, the site you gave me had, uh, everything else, which is a plus. :wink:

I saw them, too. Great pics. A lot of snow up there still.

I assume some of the snow I saw will melt yet this summer, but a lot of it won't, I think. I'm not sure which parts of the mountain were actual glaciers and what was just still plain ol' snow.

:yes: I'm going to hit the Pacific Northwest one day. Start in San Francisco to see a 49ers game in person and then drive up all the way to Vancouver. :drool:

I drove through Seattle once, as part of a cross country trip about 10 years ago. Didn't have time to stop because I had to get to Vancouver Island where I had an aunt and uncle staying at the time.

It was gorgeous up there. I want to go again someday.

Overrated song IMO. It has a nice climax, but the melody isn't anything unusual or terribly appealing to me.

Bones rocks :rockon:

It was honestly probably the weakest song I've heard on this album so far.

Just is another rocker.

fuck, i figured you guys would have actual apple stores there. genius bar is their in-store tech support.

does the place you bought your comp from have anything like that? where you can bring it in and they'll see what's wrong with it? this way you'd know if that's the problem before shelling out $40 for a possibly useless cable.

Well, I went into some officially-whatevered Mac shop once, to get an ethernet to USB cable, and they didn't have one but the idiot there told me that any such adaptor would work, even the Windows-only one from Dick Smith. So I bought that and it didn't work! Surprise surprise. Luckily I could take it back, since I could repackage it to look like I'd never opened it. The computer shop at uni is also one of those official Mac resellers, but they don't offer any proper support to my knowledge. They DO have the cable, though. Just I won't be able to return it if it doesn't work.

And the computer itself was secondhand, from the university's IT department. It was surplus to requirements. I don't exactly want to take the computer to a computer shop, since it's fucking heavy.

I've already identified the problem anyway. Either the ethernet port/card is rooted, or the motherboard has catastrophically failed somehow. This is why I need an ethernet-to-USB adaptor, so that I can isolate whether the ethernet is causing the problem or not. If it's not, then fuck it, I'll just get a new computer. I need a laptop anyway.

It was honestly probably the weakest song I've heard on this album so far.

Just is another rocker.

Just was through the roof live, but the hits aren't as appealing to me as many of the rest here. Black Star is absolutely awesome, a top 10 song for Radiohead in general IMO.

Well, I went into some officially-whatevered Mac shop once, to get an ethernet to USB cable, and they didn't have one but the idiot there told me that any such adaptor would work, even the Windows-only one from Dick Smith. So I bought that and it didn't work! Surprise surprise. Luckily I could take it back, since I could repackage it to look like I'd never opened it. The computer shop at uni is also one of those official Mac resellers, but they don't offer any proper support to my knowledge. They DO have the cable, though. Just I won't be able to return it if it doesn't work.

And the computer itself was secondhand, from the university's IT department. It was surplus to requirements. I don't exactly want to take the computer to a computer shop, since it's fucking heavy.

I've already identified the problem anyway. Either the ethernet port/card is rooted, or the motherboard has catastrophically failed somehow. This is why I need an ethernet-to-USB adaptor, so that I can isolate whether the ethernet is causing the problem or not. If it's not, then fuck it, I'll just get a new computer. I need a laptop anyway.
:hmm: yeah, looking online, the only actual apple store is in sydney. wtf. they must be just now branching out to australia.

which comp do you have? imac? i'd say you just buck up and buy the cable :tongue: if it doesn't work, well, see if you can guilt your mom into paying for it or something. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom