Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck LM. Besides, he wanted to hear the latter two anyway. Starting up The Bends.

:lol: I hope not. I'm just catching up on your running diaries too.

Traviud, if you're still around, you need to stop generalising my tastes wildly. :tsk: Disliking the last five songs of London Calling =/= disliking all of London Calling. Disliking a lot of the Beatles' output =/= disliking sixties music. The Shadows are one of my favourite bands!
it's just the last 5 songs? That would be *tests memory* Four Horsemen, Lover's rock, Revolution Rock, Train in Vain and...*memory phails* Hmm. Revolution Rock is one of my faves. Damn it, of all the days to leave my iPod home. I needz Clash! :scream:

YLB: College Girl is a Wes Anderson fan AND just quoted Pulp Fiction. Thought you'd want to know.

it's just the last 5 songs? That would be *tests memory* Four Horsemen, Lover's rock, Revolution Rock, Train in Vain and...*memory phails* Hmm. Revolution Rock is one of my faves. Damn it, of all the days to leave my iPod home. I needz Clash! :scream:

And I'm Not Down. Actually, for all I know, I may not mind a couple of the songs there. I just never listen past Lover's Rock because I can't stand it, and because everybody hypes Train In Vain, I've paid attention to it and found I don't like it. Not sure I've ever really given the other three tracks more than a few listens; they clearly haven't struck me as anything compelling that I'd like to return to. London Calling is too long an album anyway. Trim off some of the fat and get it down to about 12-13 tracks and it would be awesome.

The Bends sounds like something I've heard before, but I can't put my finger on it.

Canadian Roads, how are you? Concrete? Tarseal? Bitche-umen?

High and Dry's a nice track, night quite as upbeat as the first two, but I like it.

btw axver, i wanted to warn you. last.fm is doing beta testing, so you know what that means...the site's being redone again :uhoh:

Oh joy.

Not that I've used it for months, since the Mac stopped connecting to the Internet. :madspit:

I wonder if there's some way to transfer my playcounts to the Windows and update the last couple of months' data?

It's gotta be U2. Everything derives from U2. :wink:

I have to say, I absolutely loved The Bends. It's a beautiful record from start to finish.

No, something I've listened to recently ... I can't think of it, though. I might need to search my iPod for it.

I'm really enjoying it.

The context definitely helps Fake Plastic Trees, a song I never got into before.

Axver's back. I can argue this.
Says the one who admitted to getting lost in the depths of PLEBA! :lol:

yes, PLEBA sucked me back in, but I'm not nearly as dirty as most PLEBAns.

or fix your mac! :madwife:

I'm not paying $40 for an ethernet to USB cable! All I need to do is plug it in, and if it doesn't work, then all I've done is spent $40 on something I don't need.

Obviously, if it works, it's $40 well spent, but if it doesn't work ... well, $40 is my weekly grocery bill. I'd rather not waste it on something useless.

I'm not paying $40 for an ethernet to USB cable! All I need to do is plug it in, and if it doesn't work, then all I've done is spent $40 on something I don't need.

Obviously, if it works, it's $40 well spent, but if it doesn't work ... well, $40 is my weekly grocery bill. I'd rather not waste it on something useless.
i told you what to do :tsk:

No, no. You have it wrong. Martin was simply copying Bono. Bono, as we all know, invented everything. Geez, don't you read EYKIW?

But every piano-driven rock song in history was written by Chris Martin! Clearly, he had to have invented it.

He's probably Bono in disguise anyway. They both act the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom