Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving right along here. Buzzcocks. :up: Singles Going Steady is one of the best compilations for a band ever.

And of course Squeeze. I know pretty much all of these songs, but they go very well together and rock.

Back from lunch. Glad your liking it Phanan. I gotta say, the itunes system made it easy to move things around and try to keep it going nicely. I changed the order and a few songs because it was so easy. Unlike with cassettes, which basically you made, then listened to when you were done. Usually doesn't work out as well first time around.

I'm glad I did this. I'll probably start making more cd's for the car :up:

gif break.....

7yph7qv.gif

Back from lunch. Glad your liking it Phanan. I gotta say, the itunes system made it easy to move things around and try to keep it going nicely. I changed the order and a few songs because it was so easy. Unlike with cassettes, which basically you made, then listened to when you were done. Usually doesn't work out as well first time around.

I'm glad I did this. I'll probably start making more cd's for the car :up:

Yeah, recording over those Maxell tapes when you screwed up or didn't like the result was always a pain in the ass.

I had to pause before due to a phone call, but I'm back on it. I had never heard a Bow Wow Wow song other than I Want Candy until now. It was ok, but definitely not as good as the string of tunes just before it.

English Beat :up:

Back then though, having a long fade out like that was unique and refreshing. I think it still stands the test of time. No way you chop Hey Jude Up.

Isn't It A Pity is no Hey Jude, but a great song nonetheless.

Don't get me wrong, I think Hey Jude is one of the best live songs of all time, as evidenced by the rendition McCartney played at the Super Bowl a few years back. That was unbelievable.

I would try it. It does restoring also.

Oh Sweet! i'll try that then, do you have a link, or if not I'll just search

Hey Jude would be awesome at...four minutes. At seven minutes, featuring an ending with the same melody over and over...

I like Isn't It A Pity considerably more.

What I meant was, that's one I like a great deal, and a few you've mentioned so far that you like are some I find to be the reason I don't like the Beatles overly much :lol:

i figured you were a fan of fruit :hmm:

I thought it was because 1) U2 have a song called Lemon 2) U2 have a (fake?) little album of live stuff called Melon

I thought it was because 1) U2 have a song called Lemon 2) U2 have a (fake?) little album of live stuff called Melon

For the record, Melon isn't fake. It was released by Propaganda, so it's approved by the band.

Now, the large assortment of other bootleg remix albums...that's another story.

For the record, Melon isn't fake. It was released by Propaganda, so it's approved by the band.

I couldn't remember if Melon was the real one or not :lol:

What I meant was, that's one I like a great deal, and a few you've mentioned so far that you like are some I find to be the reason I don't like the Beatles overly much :lol:

Since I grew up with the Beatles, I always figure it must be hard to get into them otherwise. :shrug: A whole different sound from a long gone time. But so many great upbeat songs

:)

i like how the fake ones started off being fruits as well...now there's stuff like "coffee" and "mint" or whatever. ahh yes, i guess as long as it's a food (who eats coffee, though?) then it's okay. i remember there being a potato one. that made me chuckle.

i like how the fake ones started off being fruits as well...now there's stuff like "coffee" and "mint" or whatever. ahh yes, i guess as long as it's a food (who eats coffee, though?) then it's okay. i remember there being a potato one. that made me chuckle.

I'll admit I've never really paid attention to all the fruitlegs out there. I'm just not into remixes that much.

However, if there are any that stand out, feel free to mention them.

The IpodRip thing wouldn't work, I just paid for the software, and now hopefully, the healing can begin :sad:

Rolling along with hardy's list.

Simple Minds for the win. And the Wire track was cool.

I also thought the John Foxx song was good. I'd never heard of him before, so I looked him up real quick. The original singer for Ultravox? Who knew?

Up to classic Cure now.

Screwy's list was good, if not a little stretched on the rules, and a little strange as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom