Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I of course love The Clash, and I like how it comes in after Midnight Oil.

And then the Sex Pistols immediately after. Talk about rocking the fuck out. We're rolling right along here now.

Haha. Told you you had to suffer through the first track :lol:

Now, let the party begin :)

I may not like the Dead Kennedy's but it did make me smile because my step-dad does, and I think you're the first person here I've seen share any similar tastes to him at all :D

I find this album cover hysterically funny for some reason:

116509_cda_f.jpg

If people want to hear a good early new wave album, listen to Devo's debut. Trust me.

And it was produced by Eno, so that should tell you something.

Thanks for reminding me. :up: I've thought about giving that one a listen for ages.

Well that sucks. If you release a box set with everything remastered, why not include all the rarities? Because otherwise it looks like a beautiful box set.
there's some b-sides and stuff on their remastered albums, a lot of which is on those bonus discs. that question has come up, as to if they're ever going to remaster those two cds, and the word is that since there's a lot of carryover from the remastered albums, they probably won't ever be remastered.

i'm still holding out hope that they release some huge box set with even more rarities :drool:

Abbey Road is taking so long, it might not be done by the time I have to leave.

And John is posing for his senior picture.

Ringo looks exactly the same, too.

I've never had to do a recovery, so not sure. iPodRip has worked well when just transferring songs, though. Did you try that one?

That probably wouldn't work, but I'd never heard of that one.

I've got a free one that would work if it would stop freezing at 98% :sad:

Moving right along here. Buzzcocks. :up: Singles Going Steady is one of the best compilations for a band ever.

And of course Squeeze. I know pretty much all of these songs, but they go very well together and rock.

Well I can tell we dont' agree on what Beatles songs we like :lol:

Hey Jude would be awesome at...four minutes. At seven minutes, featuring an ending with the same melody over and over...

I like Isn't It A Pity considerably more.

Hey Jude would be awesome at...four minutes. At seven minutes, featuring an ending with the same melody over and over...

I like Isn't It A Pity considerably more.

Back then though, having a long fade out like that was unique and refreshing. I think it still stands the test of time. No way you chop Hey Jude Up.

Isn't It A Pity is no Hey Jude, but a great song nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom