Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You saw Gary Numan live? That must have been something.

I saw him live too. Probably the same show, different companions, LOL. I think it was the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium :hmm: I think I have the ticket stub somewhere in my office. And... I do. March 9, 1980 :ohmy:

Ohhh, interesting.

Do you have any ideas brewin' for other mini-games?

I still like an idea I had where we pretended it was December 31, 1969, thereby requiring that any tracks used would have to have existed before that date. What an interesting tournament that would be.

Realistically though, I'm not sure how many people would be able to do something like that.

We could do other genres or eras, also.

I still like an idea I had where we pretended it was December 31, 1969, thereby requiring that any tracks used would have to have existed before that date. What an interesting tournament that would be.

Realistically though, I'm not sure how many people would be able to do something like that.

We could do other genres or eras, also.

Count me in. :love: :love:

I've always wanted to host a hip-hop tournament. :hmm:

I don't have nearly enough pre-1970 music to do that.

Most of my music is from that '70s.

Besides Axver and Screwy, I think most folks here have a great fondness for 60's music. Personally, my head could explode from the greatness.

I don't have nearly enough pre-1970 music to do that.

Most of my music is from that '70s.

Same. I can do "before Dec 31st, 1979" but not 1969.

An Indie Rock mini-game would bring out some cool B&C'ers, possibly.

I could actually participate in that, but mine would be full of old school hip hop from the 80's and 90's. :lol:

Same here, actually. :lol: There are only a handful of artists from the last 5 years or so that I actually follow. But I could cobble a list together easily.

pre 70s would be fun, but a lot of what I have is also from the 70s. Still, I could definitely come up with somethiing

I have Sgt. Pepper's, but that's it, aside from a greatest hits album.

I have mixed feelings for it. It's pretty good, but very overrated.

Sgt. Pepper isn't my fave either. You'd love Abbey Road and like Rubber Soul, I think.

Finishing up Khan's playlist...

I survived that Culture Club track.

Puttin' On The Ritz is classic 80's new wave, and a true gem.

Loved the final trio of Icehouse, Simple Minds, and INXS. All great songs that go very well together.

So with the exception of Wang Chung and Culture Club, I like all these songs. A little tweak in the sequencing in some spots would have improved it a bit, but still, all in all, a very good job.

I love Sgt. Pepper's, but I agree that it's far from their best.

Get Revolver. NOW. The amount of classics there is unbelievable, and it was poorly represented on 1. Abbey Road is my personal favorite, but it's not for everyone.

I love Sgt. Pepper's, but I agree that it's far from their best.

Get Revolver. NOW. The amount of classics there is unbelievable, and it was poorly represented on 1. Abbey Road is my personal favorite, but it's not for everyone.

If he isn't a big fan of the experimentation of Sgt. Pepper, do you think he'd like it?

I think the first few songs of Sgt. Pepper are very good, but that it kind of tails off until the end.

You were shocked one time when I didn't know a song off Born To Run because I don't have the album. And you haven't even listened to the fucking Beatles properly???

:lol:

BTW, LMP, I'm giving Love a complete listen for the first time. I've had it on the shelf for ages, but now I'm digging in. Some of the segues are pretty shit (I Want You--->Help?), but they did a great job on the mash-ups. It's a refreshing listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom