Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Khan I'm really enjoying your playlist so far, but I think the sequencing is a bit off. I would have put Firedrill after U2 - I think it would have been a better bridge to Human League. And then New Life would go into Lay Your Hands On Me, which I think works better.

Phanan, I noticed you put Retro Island on the DI website. Would you be able to put Symphonic Album Island on there, too? I'd like to see the celebration of my victory up there, because I'm a selfish bastard.

Back to Khan's list...

Normally if single versions are more or less the same as album versions, it's not a big deal, but for the next song, it is.

In A Big Country has always been a favorite, but you should have used the full album version! That opening intro kicks ass. I hate how it gets cut off here.

Khan's gonna kill me. :lol:

Catching up on the other songs that have been played...

A Little Respect and West End Girls go well together and are fantastic songs.

Going from Big Country to Erasure was...interesting. :lol:

I don't recall me thinking my debut list was all that great. I'm surprised it didn't get more hazing as being a "greatest hits" package, since that was the big criticism in DI4.

My DI5 list is my best list ever, by far.

I don't recall me thinking my debut list was all that great. I'm surprised it didn't get more hazing as being a "greatest hits" package, since that was the big criticism in DI4.

Doesn't matter if it is a greatest hits or not, as far as I'm concerned.

Can't wait for your DI5 list. You've got a lot more music to work with now.

That's because side tourneys are less serious, I think. I remember really digging yours, Lemonchick's, Lance's, and Phanan's. My Symphonic Album list is probably the only one I still love 100%.

Your DI5 is great. :up:

I think I peaked at DI2 song-wise, but my last list is my best constructed list.

Hey Phanan, please make sure the hat doesn't fuck you, me and El-Mel up this time. :wink:

I think I drank too much of the concept kool-aid for DI4, to be honest. I like parts of it, but it could've gone in many better directions than it did.

Then again, I spent a grand total of 45 minutes coming up with that list, and I think it shows.

I think I drank too much of the concept kool-aid for DI4, to be honest. I like parts of it, but it could've gone in many better directions than it did.

Then again, I spent a grand total of 45 minutes coming up with that list, and I think it shows.

Really now? Nice.

My DI3 choked on that Kool-Aid... plus, I did all my transitions with a 6-second crossfade. It still made it to the finals, but I don't think it should have.

I really enjoyed my Symphonic list. Funny how it performed the worst out of everything I've done so far, but really not surprising considering how dark it was.

Haha, your DI4 was pretty dark, too.

Symphonic was before DI3, right?

Back to Khan's list...

Normally if single versions are more or less the same as album versions, it's not a big deal, but for the next song, it is.

In A Big Country has always been a favorite, but you should have used the full album version! That opening intro kicks ass. I hate how it gets cut off here.

Khan's gonna kill me. :lol:

Ha! Heard that too, I was wondering if it was a remix. Seemed to be missing a little punch :reject: Ducking now :)

Ha! Heard that too, I was wondering if it was a remix. Seemed to be missing a little punch :reject: Ducking now :)

Yeah, not a remix, just the single version. It's a full minute less than the original.

Back to the list, Duran Duran I don't mind. And then The Police are of course fantastic.

But now I've hit Culture Club. I LOATHE Culture Club with a passion. Kill me now.

Should I listen to these retro lists? I'm not very familiar with the genre, but I'm not sure how interested I'll be either...

Yes, the more the merrier!

I'm currently on phanan's list. I just don't care for Joy Division :reject:
Overall, pretty good so far (now playing: Gary Numan)

Listening to yours now. Joy Division. Never a big Television fan though. I had some cool John Peel tracks I was gonna use at first, but he talks after each one and it didn't seem to work well in a track list setting. So they were discarded. But there was a really good Love Will Tear Us Apart on it.

Gary Numan :) Tossed my Tubeway Army track, almost used Machmen. Remember him live, driving around the stage on some little Disneyland autopia track :lol: during Cars

Yeah, not a remix, just the single version. It's a full minute less than the original.

Back to the list, Duran Duran I don't mind. And then The Police are of course fantastic.

But now I've hit Culture Club. I LOATHE Culture Club with a passion. Kill me now.

killintheface.gif
:wink:

I'm currently on phanan's list. I just don't care for Joy Division :reject:
Overall, pretty good so far (now playing: Gary Numan)

Joy Division is an acquired taste, I'll admit. I don't like everything they've done, and I prefer New Order, but Disorder is fantastic.

You're actually just about done with mine then. Nice. :up:

Joy Division is an acquired taste, I'll admit. I don't like everything they've done, and I prefer New Order, but Disorder is fantastic.

You're actually just about done with mine then. Nice. :up:

Up to Yaz(oo) :wink:
Always loved this song. I think this gif works well with it too
elmo.gif

:)

Listening to yours now. Joy Division. Never a big Television fan though. I had some cool John Peel tracks I was gonna use at first, but he talks after each one and it didn't seem to work well in a track list setting. So they were discarded. But there was a really good Love Will Tear Us Apart on it.

Gary Numan :) Tossed my Tubeway Army track, almost used Machmen. Remember him live, driving around the stage on some little Disneyland autopia track :lol: during Cars

You saw Gary Numan live? That must have been something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom