Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... damn, you found me out!
:laugh: I've taken to chewing on ice myself lately, so there ya go.

BTW: Why in hell is it Bono sounds better on B-sides and unofficial stuff than on actual albums? Is it Brian and Danny's fault?

There was this perpetually-drunk English guy who came to live at halls for a semester when I was at uni... he put some beer (in glass bottles with the metal cap that you need a bottle-opener for) in the freezer cos he wanted them to get cold quickly... and then forgot about them. He came back later, found they were frozen solid (one of them had the cap partly coming off and frozen froth edging out), and asked us if we thought he could put them in the microwave to defrost.

We said NO! and left the room in a hurry.

O communal kitchens, how I miss thee...

:lmao:

So glad I don't live in a hall of residence.

You should've been on the Superthreads when I sent out a whole stack of U2 rarities a few months ago.

Ali probably still has them unlistened in her e-mails ...!

*drops another anvil*

I listened to them all, thank you.

How's that CD going, hmm? Gathering dust? A coaster for your frozen orange juice?

:wink:

Also... did that other Gotye song work?

BTW: Why in hell is it Bono sounds better on B-sides and unofficial stuff than on actual albums? Is it Brian and Danny's fault?

It's a devious plot to reward obsessive fans? (If anybody fell for that, they'd have to believe both the best AND the worst of the band at the same time!)

It's a devious plot to reward obsessive fans? (If anybody fell for that, they'd have to believe both the best AND the worst of the band at the same time!)
:lol:
But seriously, Dying Sailor, Jools Holland "Velvet Dress", Wild Irish Rose, Ronnie Drew, he sounds amazing. But albums it's... kinda the same old crap all the time. I'm just a fan of him singing lower than he usually does, I guess.

*drops another anvil*

I listened to them all, thank you.

How's that CD going, hmm? Gathering dust? A coaster for your frozen orange juice?

Also... did that other Gotye song work?

You listened to them all ... after some prodding!

... and I will have listened to that CD by the time you've finished work tomorrow, so there.

No, WinAmp doesn't want to play it. I suspect if I kicked iTunes into life, it'd just demand a password or something. Booo on protected MP3s!

:lol:
But seriously, Dying Sailor, Jools Holland "Velvet Dress", Wild Irish Rose, Ronnie Drew, he sounds amazing. But albums it's... kinda the same old crap all the time. I'm just a fan of him singing lower than he usually does, I guess.

I'll agree with you on all of those except Dying Sailor, which just had me in fits of laughter.

Have you heard Treasure? It's easily one of Bono's most passionate vocal performances, just this total stream of consciousness ... so of course, they leave it off War. :down:

... and I will have listened to that CD by the time you've finished work tomorrow, so there.

No, WinAmp doesn't want to play it. I suspect if I kicked iTunes into life, it'd just demand a password or something. Booo on protected MP3s!
Nah, all you'd have to do it authorise your computer. Store > authorise computer then it plays protected files.

U2's a horrible judge of their own sound.

I'm convinced that they should not be allowed to select the songs that go on their albums, nor the order of the selected songs. Every single album has at least one terrible error.

Nah, all you'd have to do it authorise your computer. Store > authorise computer then it plays protected files.

Ah, but I'm going to put it on my external hard drive and play it through my Mac, which doesn't have Internet access at the moment. Would it still work?

I'll agree with you on all of those except Dying Sailor, which just had me in fits of laughter.

Have you heard Treasure? It's easily one of Bono's most passionate vocal performances, just this total stream of consciousness ... so of course, they leave it off War. :down:
No I haven't heard Treasure. And of COURSE
cheese.gif
they leave it off an album.

I've prodded you way more than you prodded me. :p

Wow, that will be impressive. There's like 700MB on there.

Argh, curses. Stupid artists demanding recognition for their copyrights.

*leaves before music piracy debate starts*
:wave:

Ah, but I'm going to put it on my external hard drive and play it through my Mac, which doesn't have Internet access at the moment. Would it still work?
Yup, the 'puter just has to be authorised.

I'm convinced that they should not be allowed to select the songs that go on their albums, nor the order of the selected songs. Every single album has at least one terrible error.

Agreed. It's mind-boggling.

I've prodded you way more than you prodded me. :p

Wow, that will be impressive. There's like 700MB on there.

Argh, curses. Stupid artists demanding recognition for their copyrights.

*leaves before music piracy debate starts*
:wave:

Psh, I prodded you plenty back when I sent out all that music!

And OK, I'll have listened to SOME of it.

Heh, hope you aren't too late/tired at work. Goodnight! :wave:

Yup, the 'puter just has to be authorised.

Ah, cool, thanks. :up:

And I shall have to send you Treasure then, it's one of my favourite U2 songs. Other non-album songs in my top 15 are Luminous Times, Spanish Eyes, and Bass Trap. Need any of them?

Let's see:

Behind = Wild Honey
Bomb = Vertigo, ABOY, Man And A Woman
War = Red Light (at least)
Pop = I'd guess Playboy Mansion
Zooropa = Everything but Zooropa, Lemon, and Numb :laugh:

*ponders teh other albums*

Ah, cool, thanks. :up:

And I shall have to send you Treasure then, it's one of my favourite U2 songs. Other non-album songs in my top 15 are Luminous Times, Spanish Eyes, and Bass Trap. Need any of them?
I have all of those, including Treasure, now, thanks to Ali.

:shocked: Carlos comes by here too??

I'm just updating the Superthread stats spreadsheet right now, and he's in the top forty Superthread posters!

(You, incidentally, are in the top 45. I'm part of the way through adding Shitlington Crags right now.)

Let's see:

Behind = Wild Honey
Bomb = Vertigo, ABOY, Man And A Woman
War = Red Light (at least)
Pop = I'd guess Playboy Mansion
Zooropa = Everything but Zooropa, Lemon, and Numb :laugh:

*ponders teh other albums*

You consider Stay a mistake????

:tsk: and I don't agree with ABOY either..

I'm just updating the Superthread stats spreadsheet right now, and he's in the top forty Superthread posters!

(You, incidentally, are in the top 45. I'm part of the way through adding Shitlington Crags right now.)

:lmao: you actually have all posts in a spreadsheet?

:nerd::cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom