Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent four days in Chicago last year... O'Hare is huge, but nothing on Singapore airport. It doesn't smell of mould so much, either.

*still woozy from ExitMould fumes*

I did like the funky lights in one of the tunnel things under a runway in O'Hare...

P9110320sml.jpg

I hear Hong Kong's airport is even more nuts. I'm sure if Ian hadn't vanished, he could tell us all about what airports are biggest and most insane. :wink:

And ooh, I didn't see that part of O'Hare! That might've made my stay more interesting. Though I was pretty fascinated by how it was still sunny at 8:30pm in late May, heh.

Ah, yeah, I've heard of that. Although the US is sorely lagging behind on public transport, some of the recent commuter rail services that have been introduced have actually been pretty innovative and some Aussie and Kiwi cities (less Melbourne and more Adelaide, Hobart, Auckland, etc.) could learn a lot from them.
The fare is what most people are bitching about $2.50 for a one-way ride.

It'd cost mor ein gas money even if it was 99 cents a gallon! People are nuts.

The fare is what most people are bitching about $2.50 for a one-way ride.

It'd cost mor ein gas money even if it was 99 cents a gallon! People are nuts.

What the hell? People just don't think! I suppose their mentality is that they're paying $2.50 upfront each time, while when they're filling up on petrol, they pay say $40 a week and then every time they go to drive, it feels "free". :|

What the hell? People just don't think! I suppose their mentality is that they're paying $2.50 upfront each time, while when they're filling up on petrol, they pay say $40 a week and then every time they go to drive, it feels "free". :|
I guess, but you can buy monthly passes that you can use on the buses, frontrunner, and trax. and those are still cheaper than a full tank of gas.

And since I'm mentioning how small my hometown is in comparison to O'Hare, this is my hometown ...

paekakariki-hill.jpg

I fucking love that photo. Wish I could say I'd taken it myself. Suppose next time I go to New Zealand, I'll have to find that spot and take my own version!

I guess, but you can buy monthly passes that you can use on the buses, frontrunner, and trax. and those are still cheaper than a full tank of gas.

Yes, but that's being logical and not wedded to using a car. :wink:

Before I was declared legally blind, I hated paying $50 a month for my tram pass, but I couldn't complain too much about it since it was far better than forking over for petrol.

And since I'm mentioning how small my hometown is in comparison to O'Hare, this is my hometown ...

paekakariki-hill.jpg

I fucking love that photo. Wish I could say I'd taken it myself. Suppose next time I go to New Zealand, I'll have to find that spot and take my own version!
:drool: I fucking love NZ and Aus. I swear there's no place on earth as beautiful.

Though I would like us to have that Phail session before a haircut, since this hair is good for rocking/Phailing out ...
Tell me where and when, and I'll be there... :wink:

And ooh, I didn't see that part of O'Hare! That might've made my stay more interesting. Though I was pretty fascinated by how it was still sunny at 8:30pm in late May, heh.

I got spun out by suddenly being in the UK in August, where it was broad daylight at 9pm or so... didn't help the jetlag/time distortion much!

And I think this pic shows it better...

P9110319sml.jpg

paekakariki-hill.jpg

That is a great photo... but there's a town there?? *peers under bush*

:wink:

Yes, but that's being logical and not wedded to using a car. :wink:

Before I was declared legally blind, I hated paying $50 a month for my tram pass, but I couldn't complain too much about it since it was far better than forking over for petrol.
exactly. it just cost me nearly $70 (!) to fill up my car. It'll last for a month, but still. The thing is our public transport is slow and well, retarded. I mean, I could take it where I needed to go in my car...if I had four hours to spare. I don't have that kind of time. So I have a car.

Jeebus, the wind's suddenly picked up here! Getting some very creepy shrieks around the house.

I think someone said a cold front was coming through... like it wasn't cold enough today!! (not a word, Ax!)

exactly. it just cost me nearly $70 (!) to fill up my car. It'll last for a month, but still. The thing is our public transport is slow and well, retarded. I mean, I could take it where I needed to go in my car...if I had four hours to spare. I don't have that kind of time. So I have a car.

Exactly I dont want to be somewhere an hour early or 20 mins late.

Jeebus, the wind's suddenly picked up here! Getting some very creepy shrieks around the house.

I think someone said a cold front was coming through... like it wasn't cold enough today!! (not a word, Ax!)

I still have two windows open and am sitting here in a t-shirt. It's cold but delightful.

(That's 17 words, not a word.)

Exactly I dont want to be somewhere an hour early or 20 mins late.

And this is precisely why you need turn-up-and-go timetabling. Basically, the logic is that public transport runs frequently enough that a commuter does not need to look at a timetable; they turn up knowing that the next service is only a few minutes away. The lowest turn-up-and-go frequency is generally understood to be a service every ten minutes, with preference being for a service every five minutes. Some Melbourne routes achieve this; almost all do at peak times.

Though I fucking hate the Sunday timetable where things only run every half hour after 7pm. :mad:

Tell me where and when, and I'll be there... :wink:

I was thinking this weekend at my place? Though my place is seriously disorganised ... :uhoh:

If that'd work for you, I'll swing U-Wen an e-mail and see if it works for him.

And I think this pic shows it better...

P9110319sml.jpg

Oooh, I like.

There's a monster in the Netherlands! Run, people, run! Run for your liiiives!

Oh, wait, it's just Monster ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom