Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne University graduates get taught respect. :tsk:

Oh, by the way, I nearly pissed myself laughing recently when I walked past somebody going on about how "stupid" and "confusing" it is that there is a Monash Road in Melbourne University. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised though, that people haven't been taught local history and don't know who John Monash was ...
They must be totally fazed by the Monash Freeway then....

Queensland is the northernmost of the eastern Australian states. I lived on the Gold Coast and Brisbane for about 9.5 years - both are in the southeastern corner and are moronically sunny, like 250+ sunny days a year. In 2006, not a single day had a maximum temperature below 20C in Brisbane (I think that's above 70F).

Yeah, proper teaching, like primary or high school, would be fucking hard. But in university, you just stand in a lecture theatre and prattle on for a couple of hours a week and then go off and do your research. :laugh: Well, I suppose it's not quite like that, buuut ... lazy Arts faculty staff ...

Ohh my goodness... that sounds amazing! Id love it. :heart: But thats way to far away. :(

Yeah well shes good with kids though so idk.. thats her not me. lol. Maybe not exactly but hey, easy enough. haha.

:lol: Ah well, it was worth a shot.

This Andre guy missed winter for three years... he spent the Australian winters in Russia, working in his field area, then came back to Aus when it got cold in Russia. His first winter in Texas was something of a shock to his system. :giggle:

Also, bonus points for using the term "bloodnut". :up:
Hey I aim to please! :wink:

My friend in his first year in Houston got caught in some mega-hurricane. His family had to be evacuated. I would have demanded to be evacuated alright, back to Australia!

Ohh my goodness... that sounds amazing! Id love it. :heart: But thats way to far away. :(

Yeah well shes good with kids though so idk.. thats her not me. lol. Maybe not exactly but hey, easy enough. haha.

I haaated it. Far too hot and humid and sunny. And the culture's so beach-oriented and shallow. My family seem to love it up there, but I'm glad I've escaped it to somewhere that actually has different seasons. I often say that Queensland has four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

A couple of my friends are studying to be primary school teachers ... they love kids and will be good at it, but I still think they're mad! Especially since the government doesn't pay teachers half what they deserve, while some fat fuck CEO is raking in megabucks while contributing nothing to society.

I haaated it. Far too hot and humid and sunny. And the culture's so beach-oriented and shallow. My family seem to love it up there, but I'm glad I've escaped it to somewhere that actually has different seasons. I often say that Queensland has four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

A couple of my friends are studying to be primary school teachers ... they love kids and will be good at it, but I still think they're mad! Especially since the government doesn't pay teachers half what they deserve, while some fat fuck CEO is raking in megabucks while contributing nothing to society.

Well Im pretty much used to that we have a lake in the city. So its kinda like that here. I like spring and Summer, but thats it. Fall its starting to get cold and winter is just cold. But spring and summer are perfect.

Teachers are way under payed. Ours just went on strike not to long ago. But that didnt do much.
Thats just how it always seems to work out though. :tsk:

Well Im pretty much used to that we have a lake in the city. So its kinda like that here. I like spring and Summer, but thats it. Fall its starting to get cold and winter is just cold. But spring and summer are perfect.

Teachers are way under payed. Ours just went on strike not to long ago. But that didnt do much.
Thats just how it always seems to work out though. :tsk:

I have no quarrel with autumn or spring. It's just those stifling summer days that I can't stand. I like it to be cool enough that I don't look out of place wearing my blazer (I always wear long sleeves; long sleeved shirts if it's hot, otherwise a t-shirt with my blazer over the top).

Yeah, there have been strikes here too that don't seem to achieve much. What shits me is that they have to fight and fight for even the most minute, insignificant pay rise - I don't know how they're meant to get a meaningful increase. But that's government for you.

I have no quarrel with autumn or spring. It's just those stifling summer days that I can't stand. I like it to be cool enough that I don't look out of place wearing my blazer (I always wear long sleeves; long sleeved shirts if it's hot, otherwise a t-shirt with my blazer over the top).

Yeah, there have been strikes here too that don't seem to achieve much. What shits me is that they have to fight and fight for even the most minute, insignificant pay rise - I don't know how they're meant to get a meaningful increase. But that's government for you.

Blazers? really? all the time? Doesnt that get like really hot?

They never will. They have one of the most important jobs out there... and get the crappiest pay. Its just not right.

Blazers? really? all the time? Doesnt that get like really hot?

They never will. They have one of the most important jobs out there... and get the crappiest pay. Its just not right.

No, I have a couple of quite thin ones. Plus, in Queensland I got used to wearing blazers in very warm weather. My school uniform included a thin blazer and I pretty much lived in it. The going joke with my friends is that I have turned the blazer into the "male answer to the handbag". My blazer is home to my iPod, mobile phone, digital camera, spare batteries, tram pass, etc. ... :laugh:

It's typical of society though. Look at the medical profession and how much doctors and nurses get paid. Often those doing the hardest shifts in hospitals are getting the dodgiest pay. Healthcare and education are the two most important fields and they get treated like they don't matter. :sigh:

I'll take the cold over this heat and humidity anyday.

Gonna be in the 90's. At least I'll be inside all day.

Speaking of which, time to go there now.
:crack: Ugh. I hate that kind of weather.

I can't believe how quiet it is in the threads today. Are we all exhausted from yesterday? :wink:

No, I have a couple of quite thin ones. Plus, in Queensland I got used to wearing blazers in very warm weather. My school uniform included a thin blazer and I pretty much lived in it. The going joke with my friends is that I have turned the blazer into the "male answer to the handbag". My blazer is home to my iPod, mobile phone, digital camera, spare batteries, tram pass, etc. ... :laugh:

It's typical of society though. Look at the medical profession and how much doctors and nurses get paid. Often those doing the hardest shifts in hospitals are getting the dodgiest pay. Healthcare and education are the two most important fields and they get treated like they don't matter. :sigh:

Oh well, I cant even wear a polo t-shirt when its hot, I get sick when Im overheated. :lol:.
Haha, Well hey thats a good way to put it though. And it puts it to good use. My purse is home to my ipod, cell phone, make-up, money, drivers license, keys, and other stuff. haha.

Doctors do have a hard job Im not saying they dont, But people working under them do sooo much more yet are paid significantly less than them. Homehealthcare nurses are paid much more to do much less than nursing home nurses. Its just not fair.

I can't believe how quiet it is in the threads today. Are we all exhausted from yesterday? :wink:
I'm not. I just woke up! and I think I had my highest post count for a superthread yesterday, :lol:

Oh well, I cant even wear a polo t-shirt when its hot, I get sick when Im overheated. :lol:.
Haha, Well hey thats a good way to put it though. And it puts it to good use. My purse is home to my ipod, cell phone, make-up, money, drivers license, keys, and other stuff. haha.

Doctors do have a hard job Im not saying they dont, But people working under them do sooo much more yet are paid significantly less than them. Homehealthcare nurses are paid much more to do much less than nursing home nurses. Its just not fair.

Queensland taught me to deal with overheating, heh. Though I certainly avoid it when I can. I'm very much enjoying winter right now. Plus, in winter, I can wear my thicker blazer that can carry more. :wink: I kind of have this need to always have a camera on me, you see ...

Oh, it's all obscene and ridiculous. Whatever way you look at it, people who are doing a genuine service to society are getting poorly paid and working hellish hours, while pricks in Wall Street offices catering for the greed of a narrow few investors and shareholders are earning shitloads. Fuck 'em.

I'm not. I just woke up! and I think I had my highest post count for a superthread yesterday, :lol:

Let's consult Khan's spreadsheet of awesomeness ...

Your record is 29 in Orange Free State. Did you pass that yesterday? The latest threads haven't been added to the spreadsheet.

Sorry, I got distracted by some emails and forgot I was still here. And now I have to go, work tomorrow, yuk. However, going to see a band tomorrow night, which is good, good, good.

have a good night folks, don't stay up too late, ya hear????

Queensland taught me to deal with overheating, heh. Though I certainly avoid it when I can. I'm very much enjoying winter right now. Plus, in winter, I can wear my thicker blazer that can carry more. :wink: I kind of have this need to always have a camera on me, you see ...

Oh, it's all obscene and ridiculous. Whatever way you look at it, people who are doing a genuine service to society are getting poorly paid and working hellish hours, while pricks in Wall Street offices catering for the greed of a narrow few investors and shareholders are earning shitloads. Fuck 'em.

Its winter right now there? I never have a camera on me, unless you count my phone. In that case I always have a camera on me. :D

Ugh I cant talk about this anymore I too tired. lol.

This is why I am not a nurse right now. I can make twice what they would chained to a desk by a headset taking calls from idiots, certain at nearly 20 points during my shift I am perfectly capable of killing myself or a fellow human being. :| It's killing my soul, if it hasn't already. If only the pay and benefits weren't so good...:doh:

Oh fun, Interference is pulling its trick where it won't let me quote anything again ...

Let's consult Khan's spreadsheet of awesomeness ...

Your record is 29 in Orange Free State. Did you pass that yesterday? The latest threads haven't been added to the spreadsheet.
Nope, only had 17 last thread. Maybe I can beat that record today, assuming the thread's still around when I can post from work.

Ah, hurrah, I can quote again.

Sorry, I got distracted by some emails and forgot I was still here. And now I have to go, work tomorrow, yuk. However, going to see a band tomorrow night, which is good, good, good.

have a good night folks, don't stay up too late, ya hear????

Ooh, what band are you seeing? I'm feeling rather concert-deprived right now.

And I'll try to sleep before 3am. :wink:

:wave:

Its winter right now there? I never have a camera on me, unless you count my phone. In that case I always have a camera on me. :D

Ugh I cant talk about this anymore I too tired. lol.

Of course it's winter; it's the Southern Hemisphere, remember! Where the seasons are around the right way and midyear is also midwinter. :wink:

I always have my digital camera in my pocket, and spare batteries. Couldn't live without it now. Especially not in Melbourne, with all the trains and trams around ... what's a railfan to do but take photos!

Of course it's winter; it's the Southern Hemisphere, remember! Where the seasons are around the right way and midyear is also midwinter. :wink:

I always have my digital camera in my pocket, and spare batteries. Couldn't live without it now. Especially not in Melbourne, with all the trains and trams around ... what's a railfan to do but take photos!

Oh right... But that means that Christmas isnt in wither!:ohmy:

Taking photos of trains all day? My friends carry around cameras everywhere they go to but mostly just to take pics of themselves and friends. Ugh my friends are so shallow. :tsk:

This is why I am not a nurse right now. I can make twice what they would chained to a desk by a headset taking calls from idiots, certain at nearly 20 points during my shift I am perfectly capable of killing myself or a fellow human being. :| It's killing my soul, if it hasn't already. If only the pay and benefits weren't so good...:doh:

You're certainly not the only person I know who's said something like that. I've lost track of the amount of people I've met who would love to either be in the medical or education professions, but can earn much more elsewhere. And what's the solution of the government here to the shortage of teachers and nurses? Not to increase their pay, oh no. Make university courses cheaper and easier to get into! So all the dumb shits who aren't passionate about teaching or nursing but get rejected from everything else end up there, while the capable people who'd be fantastic teachers or nurses do other courses since they're smart enough to qualify and will be able to get a much better paying job ... :banghead:

Ah, hurrah, I can quote again.

Ooh, what band are you seeing? I'm feeling rather concert-deprived right now.

And I'll try to sleep before 3am. :wink:

:wave:
I'm seeing a local band I used to see many, many years ago -they're having a reunion gig. There's going to be many ghosts from my past wafting around, I'm gonna need a drink, or three....

OK I really do need to go now, nighty night folks :wave:

(3 am, my arse.....)

Nope, only had 17 last thread. Maybe I can beat that record today, assuming the thread's still around when I can post from work.

Postwhore it up. :up:

Incidentally, just checking the stats spreadsheet, and it looks like you're just about on track to pass 200 Superthread posts. For comparison, we have 22 people past 1,000 posts! Wow. This place has been insane indeed.

I'm seeing a local band I used to see many, many years ago -they're having a reunion gig. There's going to be many ghosts from my past wafting around, I'm gonna need a drink, or three....

OK I really do need to go now, nighty night folks :wave:

(3 am, my arse.....)

Make sure you come back and drunkpost. :wink:

I haven't gotten to sleep earlier than 3am in weeks. Even when I try to go to bed earlier, I seem to lie awake until 3am. Bleh.

G'night! :wave:

You're certainly not the only person I know who's said something like that. I've lost track of the amount of people I've met who would love to either be in the medical or education professions, but can earn much more elsewhere. And what's the solution of the government here to the shortage of teachers and nurses? Not to increase their pay, oh no. Make university courses cheaper and easier to get into! So all the dumb shits who aren't passionate about teaching or nursing but get rejected from everything else end up there, while the capable people who'd be fantastic teachers or nurses do other courses since they're smart enough to qualify and will be able to get a much better paying job ... :banghead:
Nice rant! :up:

Here's the thing: My dream job actually isn't nursing, though that's what I was headed into, it's teaching. I would love to be a high school teacher. Specifically science! *points to custom rank* I love it, you never run out of things to learn about it, and when you get to the chemistry unit, you can blow shit up :D And I'm sure I've babbled enough over these threads of how much I love astronomy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom