Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see:

Behind = Wild Honey
Bomb = Vertigo, ABOY, Man And A Woman
War = Red Light (at least)
Pop = I'd guess Playboy Mansion
Zooropa = Everything but Zooropa, Lemon, and Numb :laugh:

*ponders teh other albums*

I could write an essay on this, so let's just go with the first three albums.

BOY
Shocking selection choices: Omission of 11 O'clock Tick Tock.
Shocking tracklisting: What the hell is The Ocean doing in #7?

OCTOBER
Shocking selection choices: Inclusion of Is That All? Scarlet would be a fine closer.
Shocking tracklisting: October AFTER rather than BEFORE Tomorrow? Really? And Scarlet's not the closer?

WAR
Shocking selection choices: Inclusion of Red Light, omission of Treasure and A Celebration.
Shocking tracklisting: Drowning Man between LAS and The Refugee.

I'm just updating the Superthread stats spreadsheet right now, and he's in the top forty Superthread posters!

(You, incidentally, are in the top 45. I'm part of the way through adding Shitlington Crags right now.)

:rockon:

Although, I wanted to be the top poster in that other thread. :grumpy:

I have all of those, including Treasure, now, thanks to Ali.

Awesome. :up:

I am led to believe that the stream of consciousness lyrics are at least loosely related to Ian Curtis, like A Day Without Me. Either way, I love the song. A lost gem.

I could write an essay on this, so let's just go with the first three albums.

BOY
Shocking selection choices: Omission of 11 O'clock Tick Tock.
Shocking tracklisting: What the hell is The Ocean doing in #7?

OCTOBER
Shocking selection choices: Inclusion of Is That All? Scarlet would be a fine closer.
Shocking tracklisting: October AFTER rather than BEFORE Tomorrow? Really? And Scarlet's not the closer?

WAR
Shocking selection choices: Inclusion of Red Light, omission of Treasure and A Celebration.
Shocking tracklisting: Drowning Man between LAS and The Refugee.
331 U2 tracks are too much to keep track of, let alone the 2783 of everything else. :crack:

BOY : Had no idea 11 O'clock wasn't on there, only on UABRS. Fascinating.

October: I think perhaps I should put this one on random...

War: I concur, on all counts.

I've always loved it. But its placement on War is just ridiculous. It feels really out of place between two intense political rockers.

:hmm: Good point.
AX, did you see the Youtube video that someone created for this song? It's using clips from the movie "21 Grams". Very good.

:hmm: Good point.
AX, did you see the Youtube video that someone created for this song? It's using clips from the movie "21 Grams". Very good.

No I haven't - though I'm not familiar with the movie either.

Let's see:

Behind = Wild Honey
Bomb = Vertigo, ABOY, Man And A Woman
War = Red Light (at least)
Pop = I'd guess Playboy Mansion
Zooropa = Everything but Zooropa, Lemon, and Numb :laugh:

*ponders teh other albums*

Boy = Shadows and Tall Trees, no 11OTT
October = Is That All?
War = Red Light, Female Vocals on Surrender
Unforgettable Fire = MLK as its own track, the lack of inclusion of numerous B-sides
Joshua Tree = TTYW when compared to some B-sides
RAH = The tracklisting; the live tracks chosen.
Achtung Baby = TTTYAATW, So Cruel
Zooropa = Only enough good songs for the originally intended EP
Pop = Finishing it early, IGWSHA, The Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB = Wild Honey, Peace on Earth, no TGBHF
HTDAAB = ABOY, Sometimes, no Electrical Storm, studio Yahweh, no Fast Cars

331 U2 tracks are too much to keep track of, let alone the 2783 of everything else. :crack:

BOY : Had no idea 11 O'clock wasn't on there, only on UABRS. Fascinating.

October: I think perhaps I should put this one on random...

War: I concur, on all counts.

You may just be scared by how well I know U2's back catalogue then. :wink: (Who am I kidding; my setlist knowledge is more scary!)

The studio version of 11OTT isn't that remarkable anyway, but I've always thought Boy would have been fantastic with it inserted between The Electric Co. and Shadows And Tall Trees.

And heh, yeah, October is really just a collection of songs cobbled together rather than any kind of a cohesive album ...

(I personally think October works really well after Tomorrow, but I've never tried it the other way round.)

*isn't here, srsly*

OF COURSE YOU'RE LURKING! :laugh:

October --> Tomorrow is simply stunning live. I'll have to burn you a bootleg of a show where they did that segue. It makes October --> NYD look like nothing.

Acording to the postcount right now, I'm second to Ax! For this thread at least. :lol:

:lol:

I'm not even trying.

My take on being top poster, was to be 2nd to you:D

Ha! :lol:

Khan thoroughly beat me on one recent thread, though! And, of course, there was Rough And Ready, CA, where I didn't post at all.

Acording to the postcount right now, I'm second to Ax! For this thread at least. :lol:

Ooh, now there's something you don't see every day. You're becoming a postwhore. :wink:

By the way, speaking of becoming a postwhore, I don't have you on the master list of purity scores! I'm pretty sure you took the test, though. Do you remember your score?

Can't find it, Carlos, either because Youtube's retarded or I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom