Bitche, France Superthread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #61
Refugee

Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You're certainly not the only person I know who's said something like that. I've lost track of the amount of people I've met who would love to either be in the medical or education professions, but can earn much more elsewhere. And what's the solution of the government here to the shortage of teachers and nurses? Not to increase their pay, oh no. Make university courses cheaper and easier to get into! So all the dumb shits who aren't passionate about teaching or nursing but get rejected from everything else end up there, while the capable people who'd be fantastic teachers or nurses do other courses since they're smart enough to qualify and will be able to get a much better paying job ...

My moms a nurse, but she works at the jail which is for the government so gets paid pretty good, and she does a home health care case through agency nursing and she gets paid really good there. But at the nursing home she didnt make half the money shes making now.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #62
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Britastic! View Post
Oh right... But that means that Christmas isnt in wither!

Taking photos of trains all day? My friends carry around cameras everywhere they go to but mostly just to take pics of themselves and friends. Ugh my friends are so shallow.
I firmly maintain that it's not Christmas if you can't go outside and have a barbecue. It doesn't matter whether or not I actually want to have a barbecue, just as long as the potential is there. Personally, I usually hide inside and bitch(e) about how fucking hot it is.

I'm really shit at taking photos of people. We've had plenty of Melburnian Interferencer meet-ups this year and probably have about three photos to show for it! Despite the fact that during these meet-ups, I've had my camera out photographing trains and trams and anything unusual that I spot ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #63
Refugee

Quote:
I firmly maintain that it's not Christmas if you can't go outside and have a barbecue. It doesn't matter whether or not I actually want to have a barbecue, just as long as the potential is there. Personally, I usually hide inside and bitch(e) about how fucking hot it is.

I'm really shit at taking photos of people. We've had plenty of Melburnian Interferencer meet-ups this year and probably have about three photos to show for it! Despite the fact that during these meet-ups, I've had my camera out photographing trains and trams and anything unusual that I spot ...
A Barbeque? On Christmas? That just doesnt sound right. Honey ham with pineapples, and snow outside. Thats how I like my Christmas.

Me too... Well Im bad at taking any picture.. My finger gets in the way or I miss what Im aiming for... Its just not good. Interference meet-ups? You people have met each other before? Woah. Are trams like the same thing as trains?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:01 AM   #64
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Nice rant!

Here's the thing: My dream job actually isn't nursing, though that's what I was headed into, it's teaching. I would love to be a high school teacher. Specifically science! *points to custom rank* I love it, you never run out of things to learn about it, and when you get to the chemistry unit, you can blow shit up And I'm sure I've babbled enough over these threads of how much I love astronomy
High school teacher? You're insane! (Though I suppose you wouldn't be posting on here if you were sane. ) Teaching at the secondary level really does seem to be the absolute hardest. At least at the primary level, the young kids want to be there and haven't yet learnt to hate school, and at the tertiary level (where I imagine I'll have to lecture, even though I'd rather do pure research), you're dealing with adults who either want to be there or will just sleep through class and not throw paper planes around. Secondary, though, you're stuck with snotty teenagers! I know I couldn't handle it, heh. But I have a short tolerance for idiots ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #65
Refugee

Ok People Post # 300!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #66
Vocal parasite

Quote:
A Barbeque? On Christmas? That just doesnt sound right. Honey ham with pineapples, and snow outside. Thats how I like my Christmas.

Me too... Well Im bad at taking any picture.. My finger gets in the way or I miss what Im aiming for... Its just not good. Interference meet-ups? You people have met each other before? Woah. Are trams like the same thing as trains?
Ha, snow outside, we don't even get that in midwinter, let alone December.

Yeah, I've met the majority of the Aussie Superthread crowd. I was even in the same course at university last semester as major_panic! Ali and I have done a fair bit together, and I've met Bonnie, Jen, cin, TranceEnding, both Daniels ... hope I'm not forgetting anyone there.

Trams are normally known as streetcars in the US. The things that run on rails in the street. Most US cities got rid of theirs in the 1950s, as did most Aussie cities apart from Melbourne. Like this:

(On the right is an SW5 tram from the 1940s; on the left is a C1 tram that's only a few years old.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #67
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ok People Post # 300!

Now only 55,000 or so to go ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:56 AM
Quote:
High school teacher? You're insane! (Though I suppose you wouldn't be posting on here if you were sane. ) Teaching at the secondary level really does seem to be the absolute hardest. At least at the primary level, the young kids want to be there and haven't yet learnt to hate school, and at the tertiary level (where I imagine I'll have to lecture, even though I'd rather do pure research), you're dealing with adults who either want to be there or will just sleep through class and not throw paper planes around. Secondary, though, you're stuck with snotty teenagers! I know I couldn't handle it, heh. But I have a short tolerance for idiots ...
I'm kind of a hard-ass with no tolerance for bullshit. Unlike Gerard Way, teenagers DON'T scare the living shit out of me, so I'll just send them to detention if they pull anything. what'd be cool is to teach at my old high school. I doubt any of my teachers will still be there by the time I get there, but it'd still be cool.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #69
Refugee

Quote:
Ha, snow outside, we don't even get that in midwinter, let alone December.

Yeah, I've met the majority of the Aussie Superthread crowd. I was even in the same course at university last semester as major_panic! Ali and I have done a fair bit together, and I've met Bonnie, Jen, cin, TranceEnding, both Daniels ... hope I'm not forgetting anyone there.

Trams are normally known as streetcars in the US. The things that run on rails in the street. Most US cities got rid of theirs in the 1950s, as did most Aussie cities apart from Melbourne. Like this:

(On the right is an SW5 tram from the 1940s; on the left is a C1 tram that's only a few years old.)

No snow ever, If its gonna be cold out I at least want snow with it!

Oh wow, so like are a lot of people on here from aussie?

Ohh ok yeah I know what those are. The red one is perdy.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #70
Refugee

Quote:
I'm kind of a hard-ass with no tolerance for bullshit. Unlike Gerard Way, teenagers DON'T scare the living shit out of me, so I'll just send them to detention if they pull anything. what'd be cool is to teach at my old high school. I doubt any of my teachers will still be there by the time I get there, but it'd still be cool.
Itd be nice to have a teacher like that around here. Maybe then the kids here wouldnt have sex in class or sit around making phone calls or doing any of the other stupid stuff that happens at that high school.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

We have those. We call them "light rail" or "trax". It's streetcars, only not as aesthetically pleasing. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of them for you, Ax. Ugly-ass things, stopping traffic on major roads every 15 minutes...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Utah trams:

And all the tram cars we borrowed from other cities when the Olympics were here:

Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #73
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'd probably get fired for calling the more disruptive students morons.

My high school had a primary school and preschool attached, and one of the teachers in the primary school was someone who did their entire education from preschool to grade 12 at my school, then got hired to teach there straight out of university.

Personally, I've met up with a couple of my teachers in the years since high school ended. We had good times.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #74
Vocal parasite

Quote:
No snow ever, If its gonna be cold out I at least want snow with it!

Oh wow, so like are a lot of people on here from aussie?

Ohh ok yeah I know what those are. The red one is perdy.
I've never lived anywhere where it's actually snowed during my time there. The last time it snowed in central Melbourne was 1951; sleet in 1986.

Yep, and then there's Kim and Ian in New Zealand (and of course my Kiwi self now living in Australia).

It is; I love photographing those ones.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 AM   #75
Refugee

Quote:
I've never lived anywhere where it's actually snowed during my time there. The last time it snowed in central Melbourne was 1951; sleet in 1986.

Yep, and then there's Kim and Ian in New Zealand (and of course my Kiwi self now living in Australia).

It is; I love photographing those ones.
Snow is fun. Snowmen and snow angels and snowballfights!

Oh wow. I didnt know that. lol.

They look new and shiny.

Tags
superthread