Bitche, France Superthread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I can't believe how quiet it is in the threads today. Are we all exhausted from yesterday?
Sorry, I got distracted by some emails and forgot I was still here. And now I have to go, work tomorrow, yuk. However, going to see a band tomorrow night, which is good, good, good.

have a good night folks, don't stay up too late, ya hear????

Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Queensland taught me to deal with overheating, heh. Though I certainly avoid it when I can. I'm very much enjoying winter right now. Plus, in winter, I can wear my thicker blazer that can carry more. I kind of have this need to always have a camera on me, you see ...

Oh, it's all obscene and ridiculous. Whatever way you look at it, people who are doing a genuine service to society are getting poorly paid and working hellish hours, while pricks in Wall Street offices catering for the greed of a narrow few investors and shareholders are earning shitloads. Fuck 'em.

Its winter right now there? I never have a camera on me, unless you count my phone. In that case I always have a camera on me.

Ugh I cant talk about this anymore I too tired. lol.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Oh, it's all obscene and ridiculous. Whatever way you look at it, people who are doing a genuine service to society are getting poorly paid and working hellish hours, while pricks in Wall Street offices catering for the greed of a narrow few investors and shareholders are earning shitloads. Fuck 'em.
This is why I am not a nurse right now. I can make twice what they would chained to a desk by a headset taking calls from idiots, certain at nearly 20 points during my shift I am perfectly capable of killing myself or a fellow human being. It's killing my soul, if it hasn't already. If only the pay and benefits weren't so good...
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #49
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Oh fun, Interference is pulling its trick where it won't let me quote anything again ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Let's consult Khan's spreadsheet of awesomeness ...

Your record is 29 in Orange Free State. Did you pass that yesterday? The latest threads haven't been added to the spreadsheet.
Nope, only had 17 last thread. Maybe I can beat that record today, assuming the thread's still around when I can post from work.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

How'd you teach it to do that?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #52
Vocal parasite

Ah, hurrah, I can quote again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
Sorry, I got distracted by some emails and forgot I was still here. And now I have to go, work tomorrow, yuk. However, going to see a band tomorrow night, which is good, good, good.

have a good night folks, don't stay up too late, ya hear????
Ooh, what band are you seeing? I'm feeling rather concert-deprived right now.

And I'll try to sleep before 3am.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #53
Refugee

haha
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #54
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Britastic! View Post
Its winter right now there? I never have a camera on me, unless you count my phone. In that case I always have a camera on me.

Ugh I cant talk about this anymore I too tired. lol.
Of course it's winter; it's the Southern Hemisphere, remember! Where the seasons are around the right way and midyear is also midwinter.

I always have my digital camera in my pocket, and spare batteries. Couldn't live without it now. Especially not in Melbourne, with all the trains and trams around ... what's a railfan to do but take photos!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:47 AM   #55
Refugee

Quote:
Of course it's winter; it's the Southern Hemisphere, remember! Where the seasons are around the right way and midyear is also midwinter.

I always have my digital camera in my pocket, and spare batteries. Couldn't live without it now. Especially not in Melbourne, with all the trains and trams around ... what's a railfan to do but take photos!
Oh right... But that means that Christmas isnt in wither!

Taking photos of trains all day? My friends carry around cameras everywhere they go to but mostly just to take pics of themselves and friends. Ugh my friends are so shallow.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #56
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
This is why I am not a nurse right now. I can make twice what they would chained to a desk by a headset taking calls from idiots, certain at nearly 20 points during my shift I am perfectly capable of killing myself or a fellow human being. It's killing my soul, if it hasn't already. If only the pay and benefits weren't so good...
You're certainly not the only person I know who's said something like that. I've lost track of the amount of people I've met who would love to either be in the medical or education professions, but can earn much more elsewhere. And what's the solution of the government here to the shortage of teachers and nurses? Not to increase their pay, oh no. Make university courses cheaper and easier to get into! So all the dumb shits who aren't passionate about teaching or nursing but get rejected from everything else end up there, while the capable people who'd be fantastic teachers or nurses do other courses since they're smart enough to qualify and will be able to get a much better paying job ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:26 AM
Quote:
Ah, hurrah, I can quote again.

Ooh, what band are you seeing? I'm feeling rather concert-deprived right now.

And I'll try to sleep before 3am.

I'm seeing a local band I used to see many, many years ago -they're having a reunion gig. There's going to be many ghosts from my past wafting around, I'm gonna need a drink, or three....

OK I really do need to go now, nighty night folks

(3 am, my arse.....)
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #58
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Nope, only had 17 last thread. Maybe I can beat that record today, assuming the thread's still around when I can post from work.
Postwhore it up.

Incidentally, just checking the stats spreadsheet, and it looks like you're just about on track to pass 200 Superthread posts. For comparison, we have 22 people past 1,000 posts! Wow. This place has been insane indeed.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #59
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
I'm seeing a local band I used to see many, many years ago -they're having a reunion gig. There's going to be many ghosts from my past wafting around, I'm gonna need a drink, or three....

OK I really do need to go now, nighty night folks

(3 am, my arse.....)
Make sure you come back and drunkpost.

I haven't gotten to sleep earlier than 3am in weeks. Even when I try to go to bed earlier, I seem to lie awake until 3am. Bleh.

G'night!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You're certainly not the only person I know who's said something like that. I've lost track of the amount of people I've met who would love to either be in the medical or education professions, but can earn much more elsewhere. And what's the solution of the government here to the shortage of teachers and nurses? Not to increase their pay, oh no. Make university courses cheaper and easier to get into! So all the dumb shits who aren't passionate about teaching or nursing but get rejected from everything else end up there, while the capable people who'd be fantastic teachers or nurses do other courses since they're smart enough to qualify and will be able to get a much better paying job ...
Nice rant!

Here's the thing: My dream job actually isn't nursing, though that's what I was headed into, it's teaching. I would love to be a high school teacher. Specifically science! *points to custom rank* I love it, you never run out of things to learn about it, and when you get to the chemistry unit, you can blow shit up And I'm sure I've babbled enough over these threads of how much I love astronomy

Tags
superthread