Bitche, France Superthread - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Melbourne University graduates get taught respect.

Oh, by the way, I nearly pissed myself laughing recently when I walked past somebody going on about how "stupid" and "confusing" it is that there is a Monash Road in Melbourne University. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised though, that people haven't been taught local history and don't know who John Monash was ...
They must be totally fazed by the Monash Freeway then....

Old 07-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 04:56 AM
Quote:
Queensland is the northernmost of the eastern Australian states. I lived on the Gold Coast and Brisbane for about 9.5 years - both are in the southeastern corner and are moronically sunny, like 250+ sunny days a year. In 2006, not a single day had a maximum temperature below 20C in Brisbane (I think that's above 70F).

Yeah, proper teaching, like primary or high school, would be fucking hard. But in university, you just stand in a lecture theatre and prattle on for a couple of hours a week and then go off and do your research. Well, I suppose it's not quite like that, buuut ... lazy Arts faculty staff ...
Ohh my goodness... that sounds amazing! Id love it. But thats way to far away.

Yeah well shes good with kids though so idk.. thats her not me. lol. Maybe not exactly but hey, easy enough. haha.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
Ah well, it was worth a shot.

This Andre guy missed winter for three years... he spent the Australian winters in Russia, working in his field area, then came back to Aus when it got cold in Russia. His first winter in Texas was something of a shock to his system.

Also, bonus points for using the term "bloodnut".
Hey I aim to please!

My friend in his first year in Houston got caught in some mega-hurricane. His family had to be evacuated. I would have demanded to be evacuated alright, back to Australia!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #34
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
They must be totally fazed by the Monash Freeway then....
And the City of Monash!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #35
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Britastic! View Post
Ohh my goodness... that sounds amazing! Id love it. But thats way to far away.

Yeah well shes good with kids though so idk.. thats her not me. lol. Maybe not exactly but hey, easy enough. haha.
I haaated it. Far too hot and humid and sunny. And the culture's so beach-oriented and shallow. My family seem to love it up there, but I'm glad I've escaped it to somewhere that actually has different seasons. I often say that Queensland has four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

A couple of my friends are studying to be primary school teachers ... they love kids and will be good at it, but I still think they're mad! Especially since the government doesn't pay teachers half what they deserve, while some fat fuck CEO is raking in megabucks while contributing nothing to society.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
I haaated it. Far too hot and humid and sunny. And the culture's so beach-oriented and shallow. My family seem to love it up there, but I'm glad I've escaped it to somewhere that actually has different seasons. I often say that Queensland has four seasons: Summer, After Summer, Slightly Cooler Than Summer, and Nearly Summer Again.

A couple of my friends are studying to be primary school teachers ... they love kids and will be good at it, but I still think they're mad! Especially since the government doesn't pay teachers half what they deserve, while some fat fuck CEO is raking in megabucks while contributing nothing to society.

Well Im pretty much used to that we have a lake in the city. So its kinda like that here. I like spring and Summer, but thats it. Fall its starting to get cold and winter is just cold. But spring and summer are perfect.

Teachers are way under payed. Ours just went on strike not to long ago. But that didnt do much.
Thats just how it always seems to work out though.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #37
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well Im pretty much used to that we have a lake in the city. So its kinda like that here. I like spring and Summer, but thats it. Fall its starting to get cold and winter is just cold. But spring and summer are perfect.

Teachers are way under payed. Ours just went on strike not to long ago. But that didnt do much.
Thats just how it always seems to work out though.
I have no quarrel with autumn or spring. It's just those stifling summer days that I can't stand. I like it to be cool enough that I don't look out of place wearing my blazer (I always wear long sleeves; long sleeved shirts if it's hot, otherwise a t-shirt with my blazer over the top).

Yeah, there have been strikes here too that don't seem to achieve much. What shits me is that they have to fight and fight for even the most minute, insignificant pay rise - I don't know how they're meant to get a meaningful increase. But that's government for you.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #38
Refugee

Quote:
I have no quarrel with autumn or spring. It's just those stifling summer days that I can't stand. I like it to be cool enough that I don't look out of place wearing my blazer (I always wear long sleeves; long sleeved shirts if it's hot, otherwise a t-shirt with my blazer over the top).

Yeah, there have been strikes here too that don't seem to achieve much. What shits me is that they have to fight and fight for even the most minute, insignificant pay rise - I don't know how they're meant to get a meaningful increase. But that's government for you.

Blazers? really? all the time? Doesnt that get like really hot?

They never will. They have one of the most important jobs out there... and get the crappiest pay. Its just not right.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 AM   #39
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Blazers? really? all the time? Doesnt that get like really hot?

They never will. They have one of the most important jobs out there... and get the crappiest pay. Its just not right.
No, I have a couple of quite thin ones. Plus, in Queensland I got used to wearing blazers in very warm weather. My school uniform included a thin blazer and I pretty much lived in it. The going joke with my friends is that I have turned the blazer into the "male answer to the handbag". My blazer is home to my iPod, mobile phone, digital camera, spare batteries, tram pass, etc. ...

It's typical of society though. Look at the medical profession and how much doctors and nurses get paid. Often those doing the hardest shifts in hospitals are getting the dodgiest pay. Healthcare and education are the two most important fields and they get treated like they don't matter.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I'll take the cold over this heat and humidity anyday.

Gonna be in the 90's. At least I'll be inside all day.

Speaking of which, time to go there now.
Ugh. I hate that kind of weather.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:22 AM   #41
Vocal parasite

I can't believe how quiet it is in the threads today. Are we all exhausted from yesterday?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #42
Refugee

Quote:
No, I have a couple of quite thin ones. Plus, in Queensland I got used to wearing blazers in very warm weather. My school uniform included a thin blazer and I pretty much lived in it. The going joke with my friends is that I have turned the blazer into the "male answer to the handbag". My blazer is home to my iPod, mobile phone, digital camera, spare batteries, tram pass, etc. ...

It's typical of society though. Look at the medical profession and how much doctors and nurses get paid. Often those doing the hardest shifts in hospitals are getting the dodgiest pay. Healthcare and education are the two most important fields and they get treated like they don't matter.

Oh well, I cant even wear a polo t-shirt when its hot, I get sick when Im overheated. .
Haha, Well hey thats a good way to put it though. And it puts it to good use. My purse is home to my ipod, cell phone, make-up, money, drivers license, keys, and other stuff. haha.

Doctors do have a hard job Im not saying they dont, But people working under them do sooo much more yet are paid significantly less than them. Homehealthcare nurses are paid much more to do much less than nursing home nurses. Its just not fair.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
I can't believe how quiet it is in the threads today. Are we all exhausted from yesterday?
I'm not. I just woke up! and I think I had my highest post count for a superthread yesterday,
Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #44
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh well, I cant even wear a polo t-shirt when its hot, I get sick when Im overheated. .
Haha, Well hey thats a good way to put it though. And it puts it to good use. My purse is home to my ipod, cell phone, make-up, money, drivers license, keys, and other stuff. haha.

Doctors do have a hard job Im not saying they dont, But people working under them do sooo much more yet are paid significantly less than them. Homehealthcare nurses are paid much more to do much less than nursing home nurses. Its just not fair.
Queensland taught me to deal with overheating, heh. Though I certainly avoid it when I can. I'm very much enjoying winter right now. Plus, in winter, I can wear my thicker blazer that can carry more. I kind of have this need to always have a camera on me, you see ...

Oh, it's all obscene and ridiculous. Whatever way you look at it, people who are doing a genuine service to society are getting poorly paid and working hellish hours, while pricks in Wall Street offices catering for the greed of a narrow few investors and shareholders are earning shitloads. Fuck 'em.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #45
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
I'm not. I just woke up! and I think I had my highest post count for a superthread yesterday,
Let's consult Khan's spreadsheet of awesomeness ...

Your record is 29 in Orange Free State. Did you pass that yesterday? The latest threads haven't been added to the spreadsheet.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread