Bitche, France Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you like, exactly?

I'm beginning to think you're intedomine. :p

I don't NOT like the Beatles, they're just not my favorite band ever, and I don't think they're the greatest band ever either. And you can all completely blame that on My age, I don't really fucking care. Whatever influence they may have had was lost to me in the fact that I heard all the other music first. Still, they do sing a lot of my favorite songs ever.

I like a lot of stuff, I hate coming across as if I don't :sigh:

I don't NOT like the Beatles, they're just not my favorite band ever, and I don't think they're the greatest band ever either. And you can all completely blame that on My age, I don't really fucking care. Whatever influence they may have had was lost to me in the fact that I heard all the other music first. Still, they do sing a lot of my favorite songs ever.

I like a lot of stuff, I hate coming across as if I don't :sigh:

Ah, it's cool. I understand where you're coming from, it's no big. Just giving you a hard time, that's all.

The influence still sticks with me because they were the first to do it, even if I've heard what's come after, but that's just me.

I seriously hope we see all of the albums remastered by the end of this year.

The "Tomorrow Never Knows / Within You, Without You" mash-up is the highlight for me. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" gets that awesome orchestral treatment, too.

I'd buy them all again, with no reservations. One of the very greatest bands in the history of ever in excellent quality? Oh man. It would be worth the $150 or so.

So far, my favorite is probably Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (which is a particularly underrated song). The mixing of solos and vocal harmonies came through perfectly.

I'd buy them all again, with no reservations. One of the very greatest bands in the history of ever in excellent quality? Oh man. It would be worth the $150 or so dollars.

So far, my favorite is probably Drive My Car/The Word/What You're Doing (which is a particularly underrated song). The mixing of solos and vocal harmonies came through perfectly.

That's another great track - "Mr. Kite / I Want You" is up there, too.

I'd go after them in this order:

Revolver
Abbey Road
Rubber Soul
Sgt. Pepper
The White Album
Let It Be
(would it be the original version or Naked version though?)

Then the rest.

That's another great track - "Mr. Kite / I Want You" is up there, too.

Revolver
Abbey Road
Rubber Soul
Sgt. Pepper
The White Album
Let It Be

Then the rest.

I'd buy all of them as well, but probably all in one shot. As soon as a date is announced, I'm saving.

It would be the original Let It Be.

Revolver
Abbey Road
Rubber Soul
Sgt. Pepper
The White Album
Let It Be

Then the rest.

I've never even bought Let It Be or a couple of the early records properly (have them on CD-R) so that would be a good opportunity to get that fixed. Revolver sounds horrid on headphones, so I'm probably looking forward to that remaster the most.

Is the release of these remasters a confirmed rumor?

I'd buy all of them as well.

It would be the original Let It Be.

Okay, cool.

I'm split on Naked. I love what was done with "Across the Universe" and a few other tracks, but I still prefer the wall-of-sound version of "The Long and Winding Road."

I've never even bought Let It Be or a couple of the early records properly (have them on CD-R) so that would be a good opportunity to get that fixed. Revolver sounds horrid on headphones, so I'm probably looking forward to that remaster the most.

Is the release of these remasters a confirmed rumor?

Same. I don't own all of them because I've been waiting for the remasters for years.

Okay, cool.

I'm split on Naked. I love what was done with "Across the Universe" and a few other tracks, but I still prefer the wall-of-sound version of "The Long and Winding Road."

Across The Universe on Naked is fantastic. It's much better.

I have to disagree on The Long And Winding Road, though. I can't stand Spector's version. It should have just been the way it was originally done.

Across The Universe on Naked is fantastic. It's much better.

I have to disagree on The Long And Winding Road, though. I can't stand Spector's version. It should have just been the way it was originally done.

I like both versions of "Road," but the Spector one sticks with me for nostalgia purposes. It was one of the songs that got me into them in the first place.

Listening to Hardyharhar's list now. "Police on My Back" :drool:

Albums for today/tonight:

Ride - Nowhere (courtesy of Axver)
Television - Marquee Moon

Gonna try to go for one or two more after that, methinks.

Albums for today/tonight:

Ride - Nowhere (courtesy of Axver)
Television - Marquee Moon

Gonna try to go for one or two more after that, methinks.

Save the Television record for later tonight. I'll be on around 9:30 and want to see this running diary.

Yeah, I'm probably leaving in about 45 minutes anyway, my brother's got a tournament baseball game (I have three brothers, all on All-Star teams, it's that time of year, and I'm a good brother and go watch games when I can).

As far as what I've heard by the Beatles goes I'd rank them as such:

Abbey Road
Revolver
Let It Be
Sgt. Pepper
The Beatles (White Album)

That was all I got all the way through before I lost all of my music (I had all of their albums :sad: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom