Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you compare it to OK Computer?

Fuck, now you guys have me italicizing everything, too.

Tough to say. I'd say, right now, I prefer it to OK Computer, but I need to give the latter another listen, since I can't think of why that's my opinion.

pfan, this is a long shot but if you liked The Bends, you might like Hail To The Thief, it's not as "experimental" as Kid A or Amnesiac, it has some electronic touches but it's much more straightforward...

I would've said the same thing about In Rainbows.

I wish it was the nineties I wish I could be happy I wish I wish I wish that something would............ yeah................*blistering geetar*

I figure I'll get In Rainbows next. I've not yet heard that, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, or Pablo Honey. Apparently the last one there isn't worth it, anyway.

Okay, the piano part of "Layla" is probably the most perfect climax to any song I've ever heard. Thank you, Martin Scorsese, for immortalizing it in GoodFellas.

Pfan, I think Pablo would be more up your alley than the other 2, actually.

You know what music I've listened to lately that I have enjoyed? Catherine Wheel's Chrome and Ferment. Fucking sold rockin' shoegazer.

And Red Sparowes' new EP seems to have worked out well. I feel they are better as an album band and the EP just leaves me wanting more, but it's got a good sound.

You know what music I've listened to lately that I have enjoyed? Catherine Wheel's Chrome and Ferment. Fucking sold rockin' shoegazer.

And Red Sparowes' new EP seems to have worked out well. I feel they are better as an album band and the EP just leaves me wanting more, but it's got a good sound.

NSW has a lot to say about Catherine Wheel.

NSW is a big proponent of both those albums.

Okay, the piano part of "Layla" is probably the most perfect climax to any song I've ever heard. Thank you, Martin Scorsese, for immortalizing it in GoodFellas.

Pfan, I think Pablo would be more up your alley than the other 2, actually.

At this point, I might as well just end up going for all of them. :lol:

Did you end up listening to the rest of their catalog? I'm interested what you thought of it

NSW advised me only to download Ferment, Chrome, and the b-sides/rarities compilation, so those are the only ones I got. Haven't got to the b-sides yet; I began with Ferment and let it settle in for a couple of days before moving onto Chrome yesterday.

I've liked Ferment and Chrome enough that I'm becoming genuinely curious about the direction they pursued on the later albums though, so I'll probably download them.

I figure I'll get In Rainbows next. I've not yet heard that, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, or Pablo Honey. Apparently the last one there isn't worth it, anyway.

If you didn't like Kid A you will definitely not like Amnesiac :lol:

In Rainbows is really good, I am still surprised by how much I like it, it’s their most accessible album imo, even my wife likes it and she hates Radiohead.

Pablo Honey is terrible, even the band doesn't like it :lol:

NSW advised me only to download Ferment, Chrome, and the b-sides/rarities compilation, so those are the only ones I got. Haven't got to the b-sides yet; I began with Ferment and let it settle in for a couple of days before moving onto Chrome yesterday.

I've liked Ferment and Chrome enough that I'm becoming genuinely curious about the direction they pursued on the later albums though, so I'll probably download them.

just be prepared it is different but it's not as bad as many would have you believe...

What did you think of their cover of Wish You Were Here?

ETA :woops! try reading elfa! :doh: you haven't listened to the b-sides yet...

just be prepared it is different but it's not as bad as many would have you believe...

What did you think of their cover of Wish You Were Here?

ETA :woops! try reading elfa! :doh: you haven't listened to the b-sides yet...

I'll give it a shot; I'm pretty favourably disposed towards them right now so I figure it can't go too badly.

Actually, I was curious enough about the WYWH cover that I gave it a spin last night. I was expecting it to be shoegazy and ... it's not, it's different, but very competent, very well done. I was impressed.

Well, after Catherine Wheel songs like Kill Rhythm and Crank put me in the mood for something that's really fuckin' heavy, I just had to put on Opeth's Bleak. Now there's a song that makes me want to stand up and headbang every time. And come on, it's got Steven fucking Wilson. God yes.

But with that, I'm exhausted. Night, folks. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom