Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Comes The Sun is the best song so far. It's composed well and stops before it becomes a bother.

Agreed and agreed. I've yet to see a person who dislikes that song. I think I described it last night as the "anti-Fix You."

Back to namkcuR's list...

Pictures Of You followed Every Breath You Take. I don't know if I'd call it new wave, as it is much later in The Cure's discography, but technically it's ok. And it's a great song anyway.

And Love Will Tear Us Apart is a win obviously.

Agreed and agreed. I've yet to see a person who dislikes that song. I think I described it last night as the "anti-Fix You."

:lol:

I wonder if Khan dislikes it? I wouldn't go so far to call it an exceptional track or anything, since it's lacking in depth, but it's a solid example of its style and inoffensive to the ears.

:lol:

I wonder if Khan dislikes it? I wouldn't go so far to call it an exceptional track or anything, since it's lacking in depth, but it's a solid example of its style and inoffensive to the ears.

Agreed. I'm not a huge Beatles fan, by the way. I'd say the only exceptional track they've ever done (that I've heard) is A Day in the Life.

It's worth a shot. What other Beatles albums have you listened to?

Obviously I've heard plenty of Beatles material (who hasn't?), but the only album I consciously knew I was listening to at the time was Magical Mystery Tour, which I didn't like.

Axver, based on your liking of The Shadows, how much of The Beatles' early material have you listened to?

I've deliberately avoided their earlier material. Stuff like Please Please Me seems pretty much proto-boyband.

You Never Give Me Your Money didn't seem bad. Went past me fairly quickly anyway, didn't form much of an opinion. Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard/Polythene Pam seems like silliness trying to pass itself off as cleverness, which I never like. Some of the music of Polythene Pam/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window is enjoyable though.

Based on your review of Abbey Road last night, I'm surprised at this statement.

That was over the top, but there was a reason for that. I think Abbey Road's by far better than Sgt. Pepper. I think it's definitely a classic. It's probably not in my top ten, but not too far out. It's close.

it's the flow* of Because --> The End which makes it though... On there own most of the tracks on side B are pretty ho-hum, the whole outweighs the parts in this case...

*huh?

Obviously Sun King --> She Came In flows seamlessly, but it sounded to me like Because and You Never Give Me Your Money could be taken separately, and then there was a total change before Golden Slumbers.

I hate Carry That Weight. It's a song that has gotten stuck in my head in the past and irritated me no end.

Good! You? Still got your gold star? :lol:

Of course.

You Never Give Me Your Money didn't seem bad. Went past me fairly quickly anyway, didn't form much of an opinion. Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard/Polythene Pam seems like silliness trying to pass itself off as cleverness, which I never like. Some of the music of Polythene Pam/She Came In Through The Bathroom Window is enjoyable though.

You Never Give Me Your Money = written by McCartney
Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard/Polythene Pam = written by Lennon
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window --> The End = written by McCartney

Elfa is correct: flow* defines the second half.

*C'mon, stop fucking around. WTF?

Carry That Weight --> The End seems forced. But the guitar's rockin', at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom