Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will satisfy Ali's picky tastes. :tsk:

From down lower in the cutting.

s640x480

Now that's some good geology. :up:

And here's a Flinders Street-bound Siemens (possibly the same one as that in the last photo; I can't read the numbers) going the other way at Brighton Beach.

s640x480

oooh rocks, is that for ali?

i got a train in motion yesterday ax, not sure how good the picture is yet but i'm gonna load my pics on my computer tonight.

oooh rocks, is that for ali?

i got a train in motion yesterday ax, not sure how good the picture is yet but i'm gonna load my pics on my computer tonight.

Yeah, we needed somebody who's a nerd for the stuff trains run on and planes land on. :wink:

And awesome, hope the picture worked out. :up:

Ugh, I can't stay awake any longer.

Sorry to pike. But at least I don't have to do anything tomorrow so I can whore it up here.

Ha, whereas I do have plenty to do tomorrow. Drop off a government form (so that they give me money, so I suppose it's not all bad), do groceries, and maybe head into the city to buy headphones.

Have a good one! :wave:

Ha, whereas I do have plenty to do tomorrow. Drop off a government form (so that they give me money, so I suppose it's not all bad), do groceries, and maybe head into the city to buy headphones.

I managed to snag some el cheapo headphones today. Maybe I'll be motivated and give In Rainbows a go tomorrow.

Yeah, we needed somebody who's a nerd for the stuff trains run on and planes land on. :wink:

And awesome, hope the picture worked out. :up:

I'm not an asphalt nerd, thank you :tongue:

Although the approach to Kona airport is pretty much this massive jagged black old lava flow. And it's not THAT old.

Can't really see it though...

P1000267sml.jpg

I managed to snag some el cheapo headphones today. Maybe I'll be motivated and give In Rainbows a go tomorrow.

I'm going to buy some good cordless ones. Probably the primary reason none of my headphones have lasted has been due to frayed wiring.

And I think there are many better albums you should try first. :wink:

I'm not an asphalt nerd, thank you :tongue:

Although the approach to Kona airport is pretty much this massive jagged black old lava flow. And it's not THAT old.

I was referring to the general geological makeup of the planet that the asphalt/ballast-and-rails rest upon. :wink:

And I take it that's your favourite airport approach in the world then? :wink:

... I hate it when I have two lines ending with the same smiley.

Seeya Ian ... and everyone, actually. I'm still going to try to get to work early tomorrow, hahaha.

I've listened to In Rainbows in a fragmented sort of way... nothing's really stood out to me so far, but maybe it works better as a cohesive whole or something.

Seeya folks :wave:

Ali, here's the two sides of the railway cutting in Royal Park. I've really got no idea what's going on here. The eastern side of the line doesn't really have much happening at all, as you can see:

s640x480

But the western side is lower and has all the jaggedy stuff and cracks and whatnot. The cutting's ... hmm, probably about 140 years old? Something like that. Maybe 150 or so.

s640x480

Yeah, infrastructure can be pretty interesting too, I like seeing how it's done in different parts of the world. If I find a good spot, I'll often photograph it without trains as well as with.

Seeya Ian ... and everyone, actually. I'm still going to try to get to work early tomorrow, hahaha.

I've listened to In Rainbows in a fragmented sort of way... nothing's really stood out to me so far, but maybe it works better as a cohesive whole or something.

Seeya folks :wave:

I maintain that the opener of In Rainbows is laughably hilarious in a cliched "hurrr we're Radiohead" sort of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom