Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OK. I just like to have you on my side if possible, because even in your more high-strung moments, you're still very logical. It makes my point feel validated.

Heh, and I like having you on my side because you avoid my hyperbolic extremes. A good few years in debating taught me to enjoy hyperbole a bit too much, I think.

Heh, and I like having you on my side because you avoid my hyperbolic extremes. A good few years in debating taught me to enjoy hyperbole a bit too much, I think.

We would be a great team in FYM if we actually gave a shit about that section, or agreed more often politically. :hmm:

We would be a great team in FYM if we actually gave a shit about that section, or agreed more often politically. :hmm:

You know, people such as yourself, myself, PFan, et al. like to bitch in here about how FYM has totally gone to the dogs. I'm starting to think maybe we should do something about it. Even if we don't agree, at least the discussion wouldn't be at its current levels of silliness.

You know, people such as yourself, myself, PFan, et al. like to bitch in here about how FYM has totally gone to the dogs. I'm starting to think maybe we should do something about it.

That will just end in us getting suspended, though.

Some things take much too long to change.

I thought it was hyper-bowl for about two years.

I wasn't corrected on that until last year.

Luckily, I don't think I'd ever actually said it aloud before then. And I still tend to read it in my mind as hyper-bowl.

You know, people such as yourself, myself, PFan, et al. like to bitch in here about how FYM has totally gone to the dogs. I'm starting to think maybe we should do something about it. Even if we don't agree, at least the discussion wouldn't be at its current levels of silliness.

To do this, we would each have to make two threads a day. Over time, the quality would inevitably increase.

Unless we're overestimating how interesting our opinions are. :angry:

That will just end in us getting suspended, though.

Some things take much too long to change.

I was thinking we could at least make a start by posting threads on worthwhile things rather than "Hillary makes my wife SCREAM".

I wasn't corrected on that until last year.

Luckily, I don't think I'd ever actually said it aloud before then. And I still tend to read it in my mind as hyper-bowl.

High-per-buh-lee is great fun to say, though, as MAYA pointed out.

To do this, we would each have to make two threads a day. Over time, the quality would inevitably increase.

Unless we're overestimating how interesting our opinions are. :angry:

We're not much different from them. Our contrast isn't enough to make a difference, anyway.

I was thinking we could at least make a start by posting threads on worthwhile things rather than "Hillary makes my wife SCREAM".

That's the only thing we can do, but there's so much circular debate in there, it's tough to disrupt that.

I'm at the point with FYM where the first thing I do when I read a thread title is think of what interference political factions may be prevalent there, and avoid if necessary. If I'm not immediately correct, I usually end up being correct within a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom