Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try some Garnet Rogers. Great folk music. Great guy. I just missed him in concert here :(

Sleeping Buffalo would be my fav song of his. The one off of Summer Lightning - Live is a bit easier to listen to as I find the original on Small Victories was recorded at a low volume. Also, Small Victory itself is a great track too. Really, The recent album is quite wonderful as it is done live, in particular the last four tracks (which are lopped in together as one large track) Blood Brothers/Weird Bass Solo/Night Drive/Northwest Passage.

Never fails to give me chills.

So there's my suggestion for the evening.

OK, any other musical recommendations for tonight? I think maybe one or two more albums and my iPod files will have fully been recovered, then I can tackle retagging all of them :uhoh:
I tried to think of one, but all I could come up with is 80's East Bay punk. :lol: I bet I;m the only one with an album on Lookout! records.

And I bet I haven't even broken 50 yet, :lol:

Stunningly, none of us have! It's been very even.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 310
User Name Posts
Axver 41
coolian2 37
bono_212 35
LemonMacPhisto 33
corianderstem 31
phillyfan26 28
LemonMelon 24
KhanadaRhodes 23
RegularBonoFan 21
RavenBlue 13
phanan 9
Screwtape2 9
unico 3
blueeyedgirl 2
DreamOutLoud13 1

I haven't found a good starting point, but I've sure tried to find one. Did you miss where I said I tried to use The Shadows as a jumping off point? Didn't work too well. Could barely even turn up much that was actually available online. I at least found The Ventures, though I found them mainly good for only a few songs. So #1 is by no means true.

Here's where your argument falls apart (and this is honestly unrelated to the above post, to which my answer is that you missed the difference between looking for a proper starting point and finding one. I never said you didn't look, I said that you never found, and you didn't).

You are assuming that I consider you a music n00b in general, because you lack the knowledge that I do of the genres I'm interested in. That's simply untrue. I'm simply not that obtuse.

You, Axver, are in no ways a music n00b in general. Your knowledge of metal is encyclopedic and worthy of envy to those just becoming interested in the genre. Do you want to know how you got this sharp? BECAUSE YOU'RE FUCKING INTERESTED IN THAT GENRE. Me? I have no interest, so I know nothing. A n00b in the area of metal, rather. You are a n00b concerning many of the genres I'm interested in, because you're NOT so-ooo interested in them. I'm not obtuse enough to call someone a n00b because they like what they like.

You want to know what a music n00b really is? A five-year-old who has only heard about 3 albums in his life. That's not you.

Chass was here? Where was I? :huh:

And where did LM bugger off to? Never mind.

There is random crud on the bottom of my converse. Damn it.

*plants a gold star on your forehead* Good on you! :wink:

horatio460.jpg

I'm a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom