Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, a commercial for high School Musical 3 The Apocolypse just came on.
3?

3?!!!

Oh, for the love of Christ.
118411530868031.gif

... Which is exactly why we all find it befuddling that you would accuse someone else of doing that and be angry about it.

Because it seems to me that he actually considers me to be a music n00b. Agree or disagree with my tastes as much as you like; I think I am at least a bit more than the n00b I was in 2004 and gushed over HTDAAB like it was the second coming of Christ. :lol:

The way you wrote your comment, it came across to me like you were insinuating that I'm some kind of n00b who 1. hasn't made an effort to find anything or 2. is too daft to find it.

Is #1 not, in fact, true? You yourself said that you haven't found a proper starting point, so you haven't properly dived in yet. That's not elitist, just me repeating what you said. :shrug: I have no idea where #2 came from. I don't care if you look, and you're not an idiot for not looking. Whatever.

My comment to Khan about "these losers" (not idiots) was quite clearly tongue-in-cheek.

So, wait...I do not take advantage of the literary device of sarcasm from time to time as well?

And I've repeatedly acknowledged that I'm a music elitist in the past.

But does this justify any condescending elitism? As you just said, the answer is no.

OK, any other musical recommendations for tonight? I think maybe one or two more albums and my iPod files will have fully been recovered, then I can tackle retagging all of them :uhoh:

Is #1 not, in fact, true? You yourself said that you haven't found a proper starting point, so you haven't properly dived in yet. That's not elitist, just me repeating what you said. :shrug: I have no idea where #2 came from. I don't care if you look, and you're not an idiot for not looking. Whatever.

I haven't found a good starting point, but I've sure tried to find one. Did you miss where I said I tried to use The Shadows as a jumping off point? Didn't work too well. Could barely even turn up much that was actually available online. I at least found The Ventures, though I found them mainly good for only a few songs. So #1 is by no means true.

Ah shit, I need to go out and take some photographs before the sun sets. Damn your short days, winter! Well, I normally like them, but not when I need to do photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom