Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's true, given how condescending you are towards me in any music discussion, like my tastes and knowledge are inferior to yours.

Hey, it goes both ways, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal, you know?

I've finally hit a track i don't like so much: Hole In the River

The album made a pretty good run before hitting a bump :D

I grew up on them. Plus, I think it fits in with stuff like U2.

That makes sense.

And honestly, I'm too close to U2 to ever be able to be able to hear them compared to any other band, they just sound like U2 to me, so I'll take your word for it :lol:

You mean you don't even like Stuck acoustic Ax? :tsk: :wink:

The only aspect of the song I like, electric or acoustic, is Edge's verse, really. The acoustic version at least doesn't sound as much like a nasty motivational slow song for radio, though.

'Ver, what are your thoughts on David Bowie? A few of his late '60s/early '70s albums lean toward the prog persuasion.

1. Well, I think it should be obvious that it IS a bloated album. Just read the tracklist. Certainly there's a skepticism that comes with any album that has a shitload of tracks.

1. I dunno. If an album is bloated, I just take it in smaller pieces until I can appreciate the whole thing. Sometimes that doesn't work out, but for London Calling it did.

Most of your second point was valid and understandable, but this...

Maybe you could point one out instead of being a dick about it.

How am I being a dick? I have been a dick in the past, I will be a dick in the future, but not in this musical conversation.

And it's true, given how condescending you are towards me in any music discussion, like my tastes and knowledge are inferior to yours.

:lmao: You're out of your mind. Do you want me to break out the LMP DI4 running diary? Your post calling Radiohead fans idiots about an hour ago? Come on, man. If you're going to point out my flaws, you could at least have the decency to admit that you share them.

Final thoughts on Abbey Road:

Fucking fantastic. The only bad song is Her Majesty, and it's not even really part of the album so who cares? The rest is awesome, it's very developed and complete. It has a great, well-executed concept, especially with the medley. Everything it was meant to do, it did.

I can see now why it's considered a masterpiece. It, to music, is like The Godfather to film. Or Seinfeld to television. Just a huge accomplishment that deserves all the praise it receives.

The Beatles upped it a couple of notches today.

Final thoughts on Abbey Road:

Fucking fantastic. The only bad song is Her Majesty, and it's not even really part of the album so who cares? The rest is awesome, it's very developed and complete. It has a great, well-executed concept, especially with the medley. Everything it was meant to do, it did.

I can see now why it's considered a masterpiece. It, to music, is like The Godfather to film. Or Seinfeld to television. Just a huge accomplishment that deserves all the praise it receives.

The Beatles upped it a couple of notches today.

Glad you approve. :up:

'Ver, what are your thoughts on David Bowie? A few of his late '60s/early '70s albums lean toward the prog persuasion.

I've only heard Ziggy Stardust, Low, and Station To Station so far. I think the title track of Station To Station is quite considerably superior to the rest of the material on those three albums. I'd rank STS first, closely followed by Low, then Ziggy a very distant third.

I think we are all guilty of loving our music and sometimes that leads to condescending attitudes. Interference really brings that out in all of us because so much is overhyped or underhyped. I think we should all try to be more respectful of each other's tastes. I am personally guilty of it. The best solution is that we make the superthreads a place free of it. Let's agree or disagree but respect each other. :)

I'm a prog fan. We're allowed to be condescending pricks.

(Disclaimer: sarcasm.)

I've seen Seinfeld, I can understand sarcasm.

You like what you like and that's perfectly cool, as long as you know it goes both ways then there's no problems.

I have two more days of weekday vacation. :drool:

Then it's two more days, but that's the weekend, so it'll just feel like another weekend.

mfln130l.jpg

Or

Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

??

I've only heard Ziggy Stardust, Low, and Station To Station so far. I think the title track of Station To Station is quite considerably superior to the rest of the material on those three albums. I'd rank STS first, closely followed by Low, then Ziggy a very distant third.

Space Oddity is a great mix of folk, rock, and prog. It's my second favorite album of his.

Space Oddity is a great mix of folk, rock, and prog. It's my second favorite album of his.

I don't enjoy it as much as my colleague Pfan does, but it's still a damn good album. You should check it out and do a running diary, 'Ver.

The Man Who Sold the World is another cracking album.

How am I being a dick? I have been a dick in the past, I will be a dick in the future, but not in this musical conversation.

The way you wrote your comment, it came across to me like you were insinuating that I'm some kind of n00b who 1. hasn't made an effort to find anything or 2. is too daft to find it.

:lmao: You're out of your mind. Do you want me to break out the LMP DI4 running diary? Your post calling Radiohead fans idiots about an hour ago? Come on, man. If you're going to point out my flaws, you could at least have the decency to admit that you share them.

My comment to Khan about "these losers" (not idiots) was quite clearly tongue-in-cheek.

And I've repeatedly acknowledged that I'm a music elitist in the past.

I don't enjoy it as much as my colleague Pfan does, but it's still a damn good album. You should check it out and do a running diary, 'Ver.

The Man Who Sold the World is another cracking album.

My top five:

1. Station to Station
2. Space Oddity
3. Ziggy Stardust
4. Aladdin Sane
5. Low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom