Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trains don't redeem Auckland, and it's in a country he likes

I'll never forget the Full House episode where Stephanie and Michelle get on a plane for Auckland thinking it's for Oakland and meet all of the Aussie/NZ Kids.

I fucking hate you, Full House, but Kid LMP loved you.

Good point.

Although I have yet to figure out why it conjures up images of bulldogs whenever I hear it. There is something broken in my brain.

Possibly.

I've always liked "Her Majesty;" it's a pretty little snippet of a tune. I'd love to hear a longer version of it.

1. The London Calling this was a simple misunderstanding based on your wording that I went back and explained. I don't believe that you greatly dislike that album.

2. You yourself claimed that the 60's was the first decade for music out of the last five decades, did you not? I don't think it's a stretch to claim that a 60's survivor wouldn't be right for you at all. I never said that you hated the decade in general, just that you do not have the same affection for it so many here do.

3. How am I supposed to know what you play on every given day? If I have a song on my DI playlist, it's usually because I really dig the artist I'm including. Usually.

Aren't you overreacting a little bit? :slant:

1. But you still believe I dislike it to some extent? I enjoy the album. It's good. It's just too long and has too much filler.

2. Could've sworn I didn't rank it dead last. I just don't know much about a lot of sixties bands, through a lack of exposure. I'd like to find more, but when it seems most people think sixties = Beatles and it's much easier to find music from the last two decades ...

3. I said at the time that it was nearly cut and I included it because I thought it fit, not because I'm a big fan of the band at all. God, most of the album it's from is hilariously bad and I made fun of Liam for it at the time I first heard it.

And your insinuations about my tastes are bullshit. It's like you intentionally want to cast them in as negative a light as possible.

Ax, this has both Can't Carry On and Walk Away in the "8" spot, should I skip one of them, or is it ok like that?

But ... but ... we have trains! Trains through the plains (where the rain mainly stays) where you can see them coming for miles and miles ........

:(

I wish I'd been able to do some Amtrak trips back in 2005. Curse them for not serving Nashville!

LemonMelon, you should listen to Ratatat. Also, what are your favorite songs ever?

I'm still trying to increase my knowledge of latter-era Utopia, but thank you for the suggestion.

I am quite fond of Love Comes Tumbling. It makes me feel all fizzy inside.

I've been wanting to take a train back to Wisconsin one of these days, because flying is so godawfully rage-inducing these days, and plus - hey, seeing part of the country! But I was appalled at how much it cost to get a sleeper car ... for one way, the price was several hundred dollars more than flying round trip.

I cannot sleep in any sort of sitting position and wouldn't want to take the risk of assuming no one would be sitting next to me and I could lie down. :(

Ax, this album is great :hyper: I already knew and loved Mean to Me, and they're not disappointing me by only having one song as awesome as that like a lot of bands have done to me lately :sad:

Ax, this has both Can't Carry On and Walk Away in the "8" spot, should I skip one of them, or is it ok like that?

Can't Carry On is the eighth track and should precede I Walk Away.

The confusion is because on the original pressings, which had just 10 tracks rather than 11, Can't Carry On was eighth on Kiwi/Aussie versions and I Walk Away was eighth on the rest.

it's because i walk away wasn't included on the album in north america. it's a rerecording of a split enz song, so since the album was released in canada, they thought it'd be overkill to release it there. so they replaced it with the similarly-sounding can't carry on. most pressings now have both. on my copy, it's can't carry on ---> i walk away ---> rest of album.

I've been wanting to take a train back to Wisconsin one of these days, because flying is so godawfully rage-inducing these days, and plus - hey, seeing part of the country! But I was appalled at how much it cost to get a sleeper car ... for one way, the price was several hundred dollars more than flying round trip.

I cannot sleep in any sort of sitting position and wouldn't want to take the risk of assuming no one would be sitting next to me and I could lie down. :(

Laz is on a train right now, maybe you could be compartment buddies. :D

Can't Carry On is the eighth track and should precede I Walk Away.

The confusion is because on the original pressings, which had just 10 tracks rather than 11, Can't Carry On was eighth on Kiwi/Aussie versions and I Walk Away was eighth on the rest.

Yeah, I wiki'd it and that's what I discovered, so I wasn't sure if one shouldn't be played together or not

Is the rage removal worth the extra hundred dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom