Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you have been making stupid generalisations that I resent. You turned a dislike for the last five songs of London Calling into a dislike of the whole album, and a dislike for the Beatles into a dislike of all sixties music (despite my never-ending praise of The Shadows and Syd-era PF). And honestly, those two songs I like? Fucked if I know when I last played them. I only put that song on the list because it worked. I wish you'd stop fucking harping on about shit and making it seem more significant than it is. You've done it before and you keep doing it now. Just shut up, OK?

If I flipped out like this every time you made a (ultimately harmless) generalization about America, I'd probably have broken a couple of keys on my keyboard by now.

I saw a special he did recently on HBO and it just made me sad. He and Mike Myers both seem like they're trying so hard, but it just isn't there anymore. Their little Wayne's World sketch on the MTV Movie Awards was painful. They were two of my comedy heroes growing up, too.

I'm not sorry I missed that, then. :(

And I tell you what, these days Mike Myers just pisses me off whenever I see him on TV or read about him. I just want to go up to him and scream "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT FUNNY AND STOP RUINING AWESOME STUFF LIKE DR SEUSS!!!!!!"

I'm going to go out on a pretty big limb here and risk the pointing and laughing:

I don't think Fix You is all that bad.

It's not all that good, true, and Chris' falsetto in the verses is just silly, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as someeveryone here claims.

I think it'll be played before we descend into the Apocalypse, before all of the Norwegian black metal, but that's okay. :)

I'm going to go out on a pretty big limb here and risk the pointing and laughing:

I don't think Fix You is all that bad.

It's not all that good, true, and Chris' falsetto in the verses is just silly, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as someeveryone here claims.

I kinda like it.

But I also like the studio version of Stuck In A Momentito.

I have such a huge soft spot for Dana Carvey. He did this HBO (?) comedy special back in the mid to late 90s that I swear I still have memorized.

Because that thing is HILARIOUS

Go out and get a 100 year old man

Everybody should listen to the eponymous debut and Together Alone. :drool:

Woodface is over-rated and Temple Of Low Men is patchy. I rate the rarities collection, Afterglow, above both of them.

I've got a selection of the Eponymous, Woodface, Time On Earth, Farewell To The World, Temple of Low men, and Afterglow

Guess I'll listen to Crowded house :D

And I tell you what, these days Mike Myers just pisses me off whenever I see him on TV or read about him. I just want to go up to him and scream "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP YOU'RE NOT FUNNY AND STOP RUINING AWESOME STUFF LIKE DR SEUSS!!!!!!"

He needs to pull a Jim Carrey and go the dramatic route, I know he can do it. Carrey was able to tone it down a bit and still be funny in The truman Show, but he kept a real poignancy throughout and sold the dramatic moments. Then there's Eternal Sunshine... shit.

I could see Mike Myers coming back in a P.T Anderson-esque ensemble film, too. I don't know, I just want him not to suck anymore.

Ha! To be fair, I think the first half of the song is dreadful and then the second half is quite pretty.

The ending isn't all that bad, like you said, but I'm so alienated by the beginning that the payoff doesn't work. Same thing happened to me watching Blue Velvet.

LM, did you get the lyrics I sent you this morning?

I don't even remember what I wrote.

It seems like most SNL people run out of gas after a certain time.

No, you have been making stupid generalisations that I resent. You turned a dislike for the last five songs of London Calling into a dislike of the whole album, and a dislike for the Beatles into a dislike of all sixties music (despite my never-ending praise of The Shadows and Syd-era PF). And honestly, those two songs I like? Fucked if I know when I last played them. I only put that song on the list because it worked. I wish you'd stop fucking harping on about shit and making it seem more significant than it is. You've done it before and you keep doing it now. Just shut up, OK?

1. The London Calling this was a simple misunderstanding based on your wording that I went back and explained. I don't believe that you greatly dislike that album.

2. You yourself claimed that the 60's was the first decade for music out of the last five decades, did you not? I don't think it's a stretch to claim that a 60's survivor wouldn't be right for you at all. I never said that you hated the decade in general, just that you do not have the same affection for it so many here do.

3. How am I supposed to know what you play on a given day? If I have a song on my DI playlist, it's usually because I really dig the artist I'm including. Usually.

Aren't you overreacting a little bit? :slant:

I've got a selection of the Eponymous, Woodface, Time On Earth, Farewell To The World, Temple of Low men, and Afterglow

Guess I'll listen to Crowded house :D

Oh yeah, there's Time On Earth as well. :lol:

I still really think of it as a Neil solo album, though.

Eh, I don't have a good comeback.

Though America fucking sucks. :wink:

We all make generalizations about fucking everything in here, I don't see why it's suddenly an issue all of a sudden. 95% of things said in here are mildly to moderately in jest, anyway.

If The Abbey Road Medley were a woman, it'd be like College Girl mixed with The Lady Friend mixed with Scarlett Johansson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom