Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what, there are some great songs on this album so far.

I'm pleasantly surprised, since all the talk is about the medley.

First half (tracks 1 through 6): A-
Second half (tracks 7 through 17): A+++++++++++++++

The transitioning is incredible. It's like the best DI playlist you've ever heard.

Same here.

I enjoyed Get Smart more than I thought I would. I hadn't seen the original series either, but most of these adaptations are shit anyway, save for a few.

I'm gonna see it tomorrow

Sometime this week

Eventually, I swear. It's just..hard. I wanted the movie to come out so bad, then Don died, and I never wanted to see anyone be him after that. Even if it's Steve Carrell, who, would be my second choice to have played Max after Dana Carvey (Early 90s, not...more Recent Dana). I'm scared to see it now because I'll probably cry. I know that's ridiculous, but we're talking about my favorite thing ever, film, music, or television

First half (tracks 1 through 6): A-
Second half (tracks 7 through 17): A+++++++++++++++

The transitioning is incredible. It's like the best DI playlist you've ever heard.

I didn't mind the length of I Want You, either.

Hank Marvin is easily one of the most influential guitarists ever. He owned the first Fender Strat in the UK and the stuff he did with it was pretty much original.

Some folk he/The Shadows influenced: Pete Townshend, Mark Knopfler, Neil Young, Frank Zappa, Carlos Santana, and this obscure chap called George Harrison.

I think my thoughts are well summarised here: A band for the ages: The Shadows – Axver’s Journal – Users at Last.fm

Like Cori said thanks for the info. :up:

I think you'd agree that sometimes the artists that get the least credit often have the biggest impact.

No, Liam does and I like ... two songs.

Would you PLEASE stop wildly generalising my opinions?

I said you listen to them. You still do, even if it's two songs. I never said you were a huge fan. Good Lord, Ax. You're no better than Screwy in some of these debates. Chill.

Of course, you're kind of debating with one brain hemisphere behind your back if your argument is that McCartney has a horrible voice. :wink:

but we're talking about my favorite thing ever, film, music, or television

Wow. I don't think I've ever known anyone to be so enamored of Get Smart! Now I see why you wanted to get all stabbity with me.

I swear, all I said was I never saw it! :wink: I just had never lumped it in with those other old shows because I was so unfamiliar with it.

Not a flattering picture, lips-wise.

This pic is better.

anne_hathaway002.jpg

I'm gonna see it tomorrow

Sometime this week

Eventually, I swear. It's just..hard. I wanted the movie to come out so bad, then Don died, and I never wanted to see anyone be him after that. Even if it's Steve Carrell, who, would be my second choice to have played Max after Dana Carvey (Early 90s, not...more Recent Dana). I'm scared to see it now because I'll probably cry. I know that's ridiculous, but we're talking about my favorite thing ever, film, music, or television

No need to explain, everyone's touchy about their favorite stuff. Have you seen me post about Indy, Batman, and Star Wars before?

Dana Carvey at his peak would've been cool, but Carell did such a great job. Again, I have no frame of reference, but I am a big Carell fan.

I'll tell you what, there are some great songs on this album so far.

I'm pleasantly surprised, since all the talk is about the medley.
The Medley is like the crowning achievement. Her Majesty should not have been put on there. Worst track selection ever.

I have such a huge soft spot for Dana Carvey. He did this HBO (?) comedy special back in the mid to late 90s that I swear I still have memorized.

I said you listen to them. You still do, even if it's two songs. I never said you were a huge fan. Good Lord, Ax. You're no better than Screwy in some of these debates. Chill.

Of course, you're kind of debating with one brain hemisphere behind your back if your argument is that McCartney has a horrible voice. :wink:

No, you have been making stupid generalisations that I resent. You turned a dislike for the last five songs of London Calling into a dislike of the whole album, and a dislike for the Beatles into a dislike of all sixties music (despite my never-ending praise of The Shadows and Syd-era PF). And honestly, those two songs I like? Fucked if I know when I last played them. I only put that song on the list because it worked. I wish you'd stop fucking harping on about shit and making it seem more significant than it is. You've done it before and you keep doing it now. Just shut up, OK?

Wow. I don't think I've ever known anyone to be so enamored of Get Smart! Now I see why you wanted to get all stabbity with me.

I swear, all I said was I never saw it! :wink: I just had never lumped it in with those other old shows because I was so unfamiliar with it.

Sorry I was never really angry with you, just kidding.

I don't know why I latched onto Get Smart like I did, but it is what it is. And that is fantastic :D

If you wanna watch an episode or two (but I wouldn't blame you if you don't) I can link you to some good ones.

I have such a huge soft spot for Dana Carvey. He did this HBO (?) comedy special back in the mid to late 90s that I swear I still have memorized.

I saw a special he did recently on HBO and it just made me sad. He and Mike Myers both seem like they're trying so hard, but it just isn't there anymore. Their little Wayne's World sketch on the MTV Movie Awards was painful. They were two of my comedy heroes growing up, too.

I'm going to go out on a pretty big limb here and risk the pointing and laughing:

I don't think Fix You is all that bad.

It's not all that good, true, and Chris' falsetto in the verses is just silly, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as someeveryone here claims.

This can't end well.

:lol: Dre is tough. He can take it. This is a very ridiculous debate anyway.

Although I'm afraid this is about to go far off topic, discussing more what the definition of "listen to" is, rather than McCartney's vox.

Should I listen to a Crowded House album?

Everybody should listen to the eponymous debut and Together Alone. :drool:

Woodface is over-rated and Temple Of Low Men is patchy. I rate the rarities collection, Afterglow, above both of them.

No need to explain, everyone's touchy about their favorite stuff. Have you seen me post about Indy, Batman, and Star Wars before?

Dana Carvey at his peak would've been cool, but Carell did such a great job. Again, I have no frame of reference, but I am a big Carell fan.

I feel like I got a little carried away that's all. So yeah

Dana Carvey did some things, a few sketches where, I don't know if he was purposely channeling Don Adams or not, but he was acting just like him, and it felt perfect. But like I said, Carell is a good second :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom