Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up watching reruns of WKRP In Cincinnati ... I'd watch it after school, and almost all the jokes went over my head.

Except for Les Nessman and the Thanksgiving turkeys.

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

My problem with Abbey Road is that the only good songs are I Want You (She's So Heavy), Because and Something. Here Comes The Sun and Come Together are pretty meh in my opinion. The rest is weak and needs more development or just plain isn't good enough to be on an album.

Pfan, Frank Sinatra called Something the most beautiful love song ever written.

Again, no pressure.
I :heart: the anothology version with the omitted bridge. Just George and his guitar and a rough vocal...:combust:

It's one of the first shows I think of when I think of "old classic shown around 4:30-5:30pm after the kids programming but before the news", along with M*A*S*H, Bewitched, Hogan's Heroes, and to a lesser extent, I Dream Of Jeannie.

That's funny - I totally grew up with that same kind of afternoon programming, and Get Smart was never one of those shows. But all those other ones you mentioned were!

The only two songs I'd heard were Come Together and Here Comes the Sun, the latter being arguably my favorite Beatles track aside from A Day in the Life.

It's one of the first shows I think of when I think of "old classic shown around 4:30-5:30pm after the kids programming but before the news", along with M*A*S*H, Bewitched, Hogan's Heroes, and to a lesser extent, I Dream Of Jeannie.
Yep, same thing here. And since I'm a fair bit older than some here, that means these re-runs were going for YEEEAAAAAAARRRRSSSSSS......

OK back to work.... :shifty:

My problem with Abbey Road is that the only good songs are I Want You (She's So Heavy), Because and Something. Here Comes The Sun and Come Together are pretty meh in my opinion. The rest is weak and needs more development or just plain isn't good enough to be on an album.

I obviously disagree.

:yes: the beatles suck.

So let's see, in your opinion, Culture Club are better than The Beatles.

Do I have this right?

:lol:

The original Get Smart lacks Anne Hathaway, so it's inferior anyway.

DON'T SAY THESE THINGS! HER 99 KILLED THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE ORIGINAL 99 :sad:

Cori, the only reason that you don't see Get Smart on tv these days is contract disputes. The people who own Get Smart pulled it from TV Land and wouldn't let them play it anymore, but every episode is out on DVD now, and I snatched that baby up. In stores only the first season's available (not sure if it's out quite yet though) if you like old slapstick, puns, hilarity, and Spoofing on 007, you NEED to see this show.

If this means anything, Don Adams, the star of the show, is the only celebrity I ever cried over the death of, and I was 18 when he died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom