Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best time to download is early in the morning. When I get up to go to work, if there is something I want to download, I do it then and it usually takes just a few minutes.

I just mean the download limit. When you download something, you are required to wait 90-120 minutes before being allowed to download again.

RS also has those annoying "enter the letters you see in the box" things that are impossible to see unless you have the vision of an eagle.

RS also has those annoying "enter the letters you see in the box" things that are impossible to see unless you have the vision of an eagle.

I've gotten good at that, actually. It's a talent, LM.

I've got to run some errands, but after that, I'll give those two albums a good listening to.

What I hate more than anything else about downloading albums from the net is when idiots rip their vinyls and upload those files to the net. You can hear it fucking hiss on MP3s.

I've only good one poor quality album: The Wall. I need to find a better download.

Well I have left the 83% club in the Purity Points department, but I' mnot very happy about it :doh:

Oh, I'm very interested in listening to yours. I'm getting to it, don't worry.

Very interested as in "this could be good," or very interested as in "can't wait to rip this one to shreds?"

:uhoh:

Kidding. Mostly. I had a lot of fun making it. I literally hadn't listened to The Fine Art of Surfacing for well over 15 years, and it was worth it just to rediscover that album. :drool:

What I hate more than anything else about downloading albums from the net is when idiots rip their vinyls and upload those files to the net. You can hear it fucking hiss on MP3s.

Records are awesome to listen to. I don't get to do it too often, but I love those few seconds of blank noise right before the record starts and inbetween songs. Sgt Peppers on vinyl = win.

Records are awesome to listen to. I don't get to do it too often

:up:

Sadly, it's such a pain in the ass to haul out the albums and the turntable. At least my turntable. It's in a very inconvenient spot, and there's like maybe two inches of room for me to lift the lid and slide the album in.

That this is such an effort shows how lazy we've become in our music listening. Or maybe it's just me. :shifty:

Records are awesome to listen to. I don't get to do it too often, but I love those few seconds of blank noise right before the record starts and inbetween songs. Sgt Peppers on vinyl = win.

Oh, don't get me wrong, there's nothing like listening to vinyl. You can't easily change tracks, and the player isn't portable, so you can completely focus on what you're hearing, and vinyl records have so much warmth.

But on MP3s, I don't want hiss.

Ok, so let's get on with Screwtape's list here...

Man, I didn't like that Bowie track at all - It's No Game. And yet on the same album is something as wonderful as Ashes To Ashes. Yep, Bowie is still hit or miss with me.

But things turn upward after that. Turning Japanese is a rockin' tune, and while I'm not sure if the transition to Skin Trade was the greatest, it's another great song.

However, Skin Trade into Everything Counts was perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom