Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was over the top, but there was a reason for that. I think Abbey Road's by far better than Sgt. Pepper. I think it's definitely a classic. It's probably not in my top ten, but not too far out. It's close.

:love:

It's their best produced and most sharply performed album, so I'm not sure if it'll all be downhill for you from here. I suggest you give Sgt. Pepper another spin now that you know there's something by The Beatles that you can really get into. I didn't like Pepper at first either, believe it or not. Now it's about a 9/10 in my book. Some of the strange melodies and production quirks make it a bit alienating the first few times; it certainly isn't as immediately accessible as Rubber Soul or Revolver.

I don't mind doing either. If anyone has any real strong opinions, I'll take them into consideration.

Records I'm about to download:

Suede - Dog Man Star
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Ramones - Ramones

Who knows, I could do some running diaries of my own.

First download:

Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

It's a shame that everything's on Rapid Share and you have to wait a couple hours to download anything else.

I'm downloading Ramones Mania instead of the debut. It's a shallow way of looking at their music, but it's got I Wanna Be Sedated on it, which is for the ultimate win.

Agreed. I'd probably go with Sticky Fingers first if I was new to them, but either way is fine.

I have a sentimental attachment to Sticky Fingers since it was the first Stones record I ever really got into (plus :heart: Dead Flowers :heart:) but both are classics, without question.

First download:

Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

It's a shame that everything's on Rapid Share and you have to wait a couple hours to download anything else.

Best time to download is early in the morning. When I get up to go to work, if there is something I want to download, I do it then and it usually takes just a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom