Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should point out that I haven't disliked absolutely all Beatles stuff that I've heard. Tomorrow Never Knows isn't such a bad song.

Anyway, back in a few. :wave:

Next up on namkcuR's list was Blister In The Sun - what a classic. However, it sounded a bit off following The Ramones. I would have had Rock The Casbah, which followed it, before it instead. The flow would have worked better because Casbah has a fade out, and putting The Clash and The Ramones back to back would have been great.

Is She Really Going Out With Him? is a song I've always loved - I almost put it on my list. And to follow with Alison works very well.

Next round of songs...

Call Me, Blondie's biggest hit, kicked in after Alison, but I didn't like the transition that much.

However, after that, going from Call Me to A View To A Kill was great. One of my favorite Duran Duran songs (not that I like that many, but still).

And moving to Tainted Love was good, too. However, this is the edit without Where Did Our Love Go? tacked on at the end, which is the definitive version. As the longer version of In A Big Country should have been used on Khan's list, the Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go? medley should have been used here instead.

Back. And Abbey Road's done downloading. This should be interesting ...

Next up:

Don't You Forget About Me - talk about an awesome 80's song

Goes into Our House. Now here's one instance where I actually prefer the single version over the album one. They tightened the song up on the single and it's much better for it. The album version was used here.

Now we're on She Blinded Me With Science. :up:

Come Together seems like a bunch of bland to mildly irritating ideas pasted together.

You must have the compilation Add It Up, which is from 1992, I believe. iTunes goes by an album's release. So if a compilaton is from 1992, they put all the songs on it from that year too, even though they weren't originally released at that point.
Ah, so that's why my 70's and 80's smart playlists are pains in the arse. That's a lot of retagging. Oh, well. New project!

Oh great, an opportunity for me to look like an over-serious bastard who can't have fun. Thanks, Maxwell's Silver Hammer! :happy:

This is so-oh-oh-oh silly. The kind of thing you may release as a b-side in a moment of whimsy, and that's it.

Once In A Lifetime followed She Blinded Me With Science, and then came Cars.

They all went well together, although I personally would have put Cars right after Science. Those two were made to go together.

Currently on Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This), which was great right after Cars. And it's the long version, too.

I already knew I didn't like Oh Darling. I don't think it's a shock that sort of a song doesn't appeal to me, no matter who it's by.

And Octopus's Garden ... more silliness. I don't know, I like Syd Barrett's whimsical material just fine, but this doesn't appeal.

I already knew I didn't like Oh Darling. I don't think it's a shock that sort of a song doesn't appeal to me, no matter who it's by.

And Octopus's Garden ... more silliness. I don't know, I like Syd Barrett's whimsical material just fine, but this doesn't appeal.

I'm surprised you're still playing the thing. :lol:

After Sweet Dreams was Take On Me. Not one of my favorites, but there's no denying its 80's icon status, especially the video.

I loved how Every Breath You Take followed it. With Take On Me having a somewhat lengthy fadeout, the sequencing was fantastic.

I'm surprised you're still playing the thing. :lol:

:lol: You thought I'd give up? I'm a persistent bastard!

I Want You (She's So Heavy) isn't actually bad musically. I'd go so far as to say good. But it really, really badly needs better lyrics. Despite the good music, it's just another throwaway track to me.

:lol: You thought I'd give up? I'm a persistent bastard!

I Want You (She's So Heavy) isn't actually bad musically. I'd go so far as to say good. But it really, really badly needs better lyrics. Despite the good music, it's just another throwaway track to me.
Now I want to go watch "Across The Universe". :lol:

Here Comes The Sun is the best song so far. It's composed well and stops before it becomes a bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom