Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Railway tracks merging :drool: :lol:

:shifty:

Plenty of merging and even some three-way action here ... :shifty:

s640x480

:doh: @ the people who work till midnight with me.

Last night, in this part of the hemisphere, there was a lunar eclipse, meaning the half-moon was out, but it was rust-coloured. A common astronomical occurrence. My..."colleagues" reacted like...well, severely uneducated people. Candice: "It's a lunar night? I need to get home before--" I have no idea what she said, I walked away cause I wasn't frightened by it. But all I could think was lyrics from Eclipse (floyd): "The lunatics are on the grass" :coocoo: Cause at that point we were crossing the lawn...

/rant

Morning/Arvo/evening/waytoofuckinglateatnight peoples!

:doh: @ the people who work till midnight with me.

Last night, in this part of the hemisphere, there was a lunar eclipse, meaning the half-moon was out, but it was rust-coloured. A common astronomical occurrence. My..."colleagues" reacted like...well, severely uneducated people. Candice: "It's a lunar night? I need to get home before--" I have no idea what she said, I walked away cause I wasn't frightened by it. But all I could think was lyrics from Eclipse (floyd): "The lunatics are on the grass" :coocoo: Cause at that point we were crossing the lawn...

/rant

Morning/Arvo/evening/waytoofuckinglateatnight peoples!

:laugh:

With my vision, I've just given up on trying to spot ... pretty much every astronomical event. Usually I'm the one standing around saying "so ... what's happening?" Being in the city doesn't help, but just on an ordinary night, other people tell me they can see stars while I can't see any or many.

:laugh:

With my vision, I've just given up on trying to spot ... pretty much every astronomical event. Usually I'm the one standing around saying "so ... what's happening?" Being in the city doesn't help, but just on an ordinary night, other people tell me they can see stars while I can't see any or many.
It was like a sign of the apocalypse or something, to them. :eyebrow: Some people are just nuts, I suppose.

In the city, I can't see much of the night sky either, but a red moon was kind of hard to miss.

Anyways, how are you?

It was like a sign of the apocalypse or something, to them. :eyebrow: Some people are just nuts, I suppose.

In the city, I can't see much of the night sky either, but a red moon was kind of hard to miss.

Anyways, how are you?

Haha. I now have a mental image of people running around screaming about how it's a "sign in the sky" and a "Sign of the Times OH NOEZ!!!!111!!11"

When you're legally blind, being able to spot the moon is enough of an achievement. :wink:

I'm pretty good, thinking I really need to get some housework done because this place is a bloody tip. Yourself?

Final thoughts on Abbey Road:

Fucking fantastic. The only bad song is Her Majesty, and it's not even really part of the album so who cares? The rest is awesome, it's very developed and complete. It has a great, well-executed concept, especially with the medley. Everything it was meant to do, it did.

I can see now why it's considered a masterpiece. It, to music, is like The Godfather to film. Or Seinfeld to television. Just a huge accomplishment that deserves all the praise it receives.

The Beatles upped it a couple of notches today.

Reading back through the thread here.

Glad you enjoyed this one.

Haha. I now have a mental image of people running around screaming about how it's a "sign in the sky" and a "Sign of the Times OH NOEZ!!!!111!!11"

When you're legally blind, being able to spot the moon is enough of an achievement. :wink:

I'm pretty good, thinking I really need to get some housework done because this place is a bloody tip. Yourself?
Same here, Just lazing away my morning on the Superthread and MSN messenger.

Thanks!

My parents had a cassette my dad made of the album but it only had the second side + Maxwell's Silver Hammer for some reason that I used to listen to when I was young... For the longest time I had no idea the rest of side A even existed…

This is true.

By the way, I ordered the live PRR CD. Let's see how long it takes to actually get the damn thing now.

You know what? I think I will, just because PFan's review is so glowing that we need some balance here. :wink: I'll download it while I shower and then give it a spin.

Hopefully not too long! I can't wait to hear the whole thing. The stuff on their MySpace has been excellent.

If you want to do something productive with your time, I have a lounge that needs to be tidied. :wink:

Ugh, motivation, where are you?
Hmm...*attempts to use telepathy to clean*

Did that work? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom