Bionic Woman Wednesdays on NBC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
It's being produced by one of Battlestar Galactica's executive producers (though not Ron Moore who writes and rewrites most stories), David Eick.

It's airing on NBC at 9pm Eastern tonight and every Wednesday.

Early reviews were not splendid. It will feature some of the BSG cast. NBC apparently didn't like the main character's sister being blind and recast the role; maybe she wasn't cool enough for them. I get the feeling NBC is gonna ruin this show's potential. Also, for X-Files hack producer and writer, who totally ruined Millennium, Glen Morgan was with the show's first few episodes and left last month due to creative differences. Maybe he was gonna screw this up, too, by making it melodramatic and conspiratorial. I'll never forgive what he did to Millennium in Season 2 and he should live in shame!

The black guy who was fired from "Grey's Anatomy" for calling someone a "fag" on set who was not gay will be a recurring character on the show.
I'm not super excited, but I'll give it several episodes.

I watched the pilot a few weeks ago on demand, I liked it. They try to cram too much into the pilot, but the visuals were slick and decently casted. We'll see how long it can keep up steam but creatively and in the ratings.

i missed it tonight! :scream:
i had my vcr set but forgot to turn it of so it didn't record :banghead:
anyone know where i can watch it free online or get a copy of it? :sigh:

i looked on on demand but i don't have HD TV so it appears i can't watch it, all i see is a 2 and 3 minute preview. blargh.

I forgot to program the DVD recorder. :tsk:

Although, NBC.com has TV show episodes for watching ... it takes 24 hours or more before they have alot of them posted on their site.

I'm hoping that's the case with this show. :pray:

ABEL said:
i missed it tonight! :scream:
i had my vcr set but forgot to turn it of so it didn't record :banghead:
anyone know where i can watch it free online or get a copy of it? :sigh:

i looked on on demand but i don't have HD TV so it appears i can't watch it, all i see is a 2 and 3 minute preview. blargh.

you can watch episodes on nbc.com.. it takes a day or two for them to show up but they do..

MsMofoGone said:
I forgot to program the DVD recorder. :tsk:

Although, NBC.com has TV show episodes for watching ... it takes 24 hours or more before they have alot of them posted on their site.

I'm hoping that's the case with this show. :pray:

yeah i know nbc has shows online but i didn't see bionic woman listed.
hopefully it will show up as one of the free shows.

I kind of liked it. I'll keep watching to see if it holds my interest.

Although honestly, any TV show who uses Sia's "Breathe Me" from now on gets an automatic eye-roll, because do they think they can use it better than Six Feet Under did?

Originally posted by ABEL
yeah i know nbc has shows online but i didn't see bionic woman listed.
hopefully it will show up as one of the free shows.

Actually, I saw it listed on NBC early Thursday morning ... it was just listed as only for trailers or preview scenes.

So, I wondered if it would appear within a day or 2 on the full episode listings.

Just so you know, I did watch it earlier Thursday evening ... it's up and running on NBC.com :applaud:

MsMofoGone said:

Actually, I saw it listed on NBC early Thursday morning ... it was just listed as only for trailers or preview scenes.

So, I wondered if it would appear within a day or 2 on the full episode listings.

Just so you know, I did watch it earlier Thursday evening ... it's up and running on NBC.com :applaud:

awesome, thank you! :hyper:

phanan said:

It's on the DVR, so that would be a little difficult. :lol:

Still haven't watched it. Plan to this weekend.

lol thanks anyway. i watched it last night online on nbc.com
thought it was pretty good.
i didn't know molly price was going to be in it though! :ohmy:
i'm a huge fan of third watch, the show she used to be in.

I finally saw it tonight. Was pretty good. I'm curious as to how the story unfolds, so that means I'll be checking it some more to see how it progresses.

Pretty obvious that a person behind BSG was behind this. Looks to have the potential of being a very dark and bleek series.

And the fact that a few BSG cast members were in this episode didn't hurt, either.

I was actually disappointed, though I'm glad people enjoyed it, and definitely mean no offense to them because I want this show to be good. Hopefully it will get better. I knew one of the executive producers (David Eick) from the new Battlestar Galactica was doing this and that's the main reason I tuned in. I was hoping for something along the lines of that show's quality. It wasn't anywhere near that show's dramatic realism and great dialogue, and just shows how important writers are. If any of you like this, you'll LOVE the new Battlestar Galactica, which I encourage you to watch because it's dying from poor ratings.

They changed the sister's role.
The show has had some problems with NBC wanting the pilot redone because they didn't like the blind sister and made her seeing. Ironically, she's not at all hard on the eyes! (I know she's a teen but she's nearly an adult...and a hot one!) Still, I wonder if the original incarnation of the sister would have been more original and offered a different dynamic. In any case, I thought the early scenes of interraction with the sister were quite fresh, especially the part about the father being a liberal political activist who was also neglectful. The sister is a great actress, and that's nice to see, proving that attractiveness and great acting don't have to reach a compromise; there are plenty of great actors in Hollywood in need of work and I'm glad they didn't just get a Jennifer Garner (She just purses her lips and squints her eyes to communicate sorrow or any sad emotion).

Departure of Glen Morgan
Glen Morgan who was a producer on The X-Files left the show in August; his departure may have caused some delays, but I'm glad he left. While he and fellow writer James Wong are credited with some of The X-Files more successful creepy/gory stuff, I always felt they wrote morally-simplistic drama. They completely ruined Chris Carter's "Millennium" in Season 2, when they took over by making it switch to really obvious and dramatically-false dialogue. They added a preposterous conspiracy and made the characters annoyingly self-sacrificing because that's, in stereotypical fashion, what they consider heroes to be. There's a massive difference between the subtle realism and beauty of Season 1 and the embarrassing stuff of Season 2.

Great fight scenes.
The intro was a shocker, especially what happens to Katie Sackhoff's character. The fight scene on the roof was great-looking, too.

The show itself seemed to obsessed with looking slick and cool.
I thought some of the dialogue was alright, but occasionally too self-consciously "cool" and zippy. Lots of one-liners. Miguel Ferrier was nice to see, but he should be challenged with more complexity instead of just reacting so calmly to everything. This was the problem with a lot of the staff. I just didn't think they were acting believably enough to things.

Jamie Sommers reacted with hysteria when she found out about her implants, but that soon vanished, especially after she escaped. When she engages Katie Sackhoff, the older bionic woman, it's without any anger or real hatred for perhaps killing her boyfriend. I didn't even sense any real fear about fighting this femme fatale. Sommers' interaction with Ferrier's character was too confident. She barely seemed concerned for her boyfriend, when she tells them coolly how she's going to relate to them from now on. With almost glee, she tells them "Sarah Corvis says hello."

There are all these high stakes and yet I barely sense enough anxiety and realistic bits of texture from the characters. I did like Jae, though.

Seeing fellow BSG actors was the most exciting. Katie Sackhoff reportedly won over NBC executives watching the pilot with her performance and they weren't wrong. She steals the show. She acts as Starbuck (a quite different but equally tough) character on Battlestar Galactica, along with a flawless cast, and is another reason I'd strongly recommend that show.

Anyway, decent, much better than most shows, but I was hoping for more and I think Mr. Eick can deliver.

Last edited:
I had the same issues with dialogue - I thought it was so obviously scripted around cool one-liners that it came across as cheesy in spots. It was well filmed (I loved the scene of the car crash), but the screenplay was kind of inconsistent.

This is one of those shows I'll need to watch for a few weeks before deciding whether I really like it or not.

anitram said:
I had the same issues with dialogue - I thought it was so obviously scripted around cool one-liners that it came across as cheesy in spots. It was well filmed (I loved the scene of the car crash), but the screenplay was kind of inconsistent.

This is one of those shows I'll need to watch for a few weeks before deciding whether I really like it or not.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I smell the stench of NBC interfering. Have you watched BSG?

Yeah, that car crash was a real shocker. Same with the intro scene 3 years earlier.

:hmm: I thought last night's episode was quite boring ... compared to the season opener. :yes:

At least, the previews for next week's show look alot more promising. :up:

So, I'm beginning to wonder ... Might this be what we will be watching each week ?? :ohmy:

An episode that is action-packed and full of mysterious intrigue one week ... then a boring and rather unadventurous plot the next week ??

:tsk:

I'm starting to lose interest already ... maybe this show isn't all that it's raved about being.

I think it's time for the return of Lindsay Wagner !! :wink:

I didn't love it last night either. I think they made a mistake by having the sister not be deaf - it would have added a nice layer to the story. This episode fell a bit flat after the premiere. However, I really did like Isaiah Washington and his character, which I didn't expect, as he was always very bland on Grey's to me.

anitram said:
I didn't love it last night either. I think they made a mistake by having the sister not be deaf - it would have added a nice layer to the story. This episode fell a bit flat after the premiere. However, I really did like Isaiah Washington and his character, which I didn't expect, as he was always very bland on Grey's to me.

I agree

will only hang in a bit more because of the strong pilot.

I'll give it a few more weeks. It was clearly a transitional episode, so I'll allow it to spread its wings a bit and see where it goes.

And was that Battlestar Galactica on the TV? I couldn't quite tell...

They did score some points on episode 2 for playing Wilco... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom