BILLY CORGAN Storms Off Stage After Audience Yells For SMASHING PUMPKINS Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a good move. Play 1979 and everyone leaves happy, and no "priss" press.

Neil Young ran into this on his Greendale tour. 2 hours of the new record. Some fans bitched. Some left. Some were actually told to F-off by Neil. He made everyone happy by playing 3 or 4 classics as an encore.

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
Not a good move. Play 1979 and everyone leaves happy, and no "priss" press.

Neil Young ran into this on his Greendale tour. 2 hours of the new record. Some fans bitched. Some left. Some were actually told to F-off by Neil. He made everyone happy by playing 3 or 4 classics as an encore.

I saw the Greendale show. Twice. The first time I was not aware of the fact the CD was a story and was going to be 'performed'. And on the encore, he played some classics (Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,...). My husband said when they played Mr. Soul, right then and there it was worth the price of admission. On the 2nd night we caught Young (months later), Costello was opening this one show (that's why we went) and I enjoyed the theme-based show more. And he changed the encore slightly (No Mr. Soul). But still a great performer & performance...

Sorry, I digressed.

Lila64 said:

I saw the Greendale show. Twice. The first time I was not aware of the fact the CD was a story and was going to be 'performed'. And on the encore, he played some classics (Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,...). My husband said when they played Mr. Soul, right then and there it was worth the price of admission. On the 2nd night we caught Young (months later), Costello was opening this one show (that's why we went) and I enjoyed the theme-based show more. And he changed the encore slightly (No Mr. Soul). But still a great performer & performance...

Sorry, I digressed.

I bought my Dad to see the Greendale show. All he wanted to hear was Powderfinger. Never heard it, but did his face light up when they played "Roll Another Number."

I just wanted to see the 'hits' too, as I had never seen Neil before. I was pleasantly surprised. There was some song in the encore that sounded kinda punky - it would speed up & slow down (can't remember the name). The first night I went, I didn't get Cinnamon Girl (disappointed) but I got it on the show where Costello opened. I was a happy camper :yes:

STRIKE A POSE.

B0009G018Q.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

(God, what an awful album cover.)

Se7en said:
i don't see the problem with an artist wanting to be respected for his current work instead of his back catalog with a former band. perhaps he overreacted a little but i can see where he's coming from.

I can see his point too, however, he's allowed a couple of pricks (and yes I do think people who call out for songs they know the musician or band isn't going to play and does not want to play are pricks) to cut the show short for all the rest of the fans was even more prickish than the worst audience member.

He could have charmed most of the fans with some well placed jabs and funny comments at the offending parties while continuing the show he planned -- instead he chose to be a wanker. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom