BILLY CORGAN Storms Off Stage After Audience Yells For SMASHING PUMPKINS Songs - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 PM
He a bitch regardless of the excuses for his act.

Old 07-28-2005, 08:00 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Not a good move. Play 1979 and everyone leaves happy, and no "priss" press.

Neil Young ran into this on his Greendale tour. 2 hours of the new record. Some fans bitched. Some left. Some were actually told to F-off by Neil. He made everyone happy by playing 3 or 4 classics as an encore.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Fuck, even Dave Gahan played DMode songs during his solo outing, without questions.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #34
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
Not a good move. Play 1979 and everyone leaves happy, and no "priss" press.

Neil Young ran into this on his Greendale tour. 2 hours of the new record. Some fans bitched. Some left. Some were actually told to F-off by Neil. He made everyone happy by playing 3 or 4 classics as an encore.
I saw the Greendale show. Twice. The first time I was not aware of the fact the CD was a story and was going to be 'performed'. And on the encore, he played some classics (Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,...). My husband said when they played Mr. Soul, right then and there it was worth the price of admission. On the 2nd night we caught Young (months later), Costello was opening this one show (that's why we went) and I enjoyed the theme-based show more. And he changed the encore slightly (No Mr. Soul). But still a great performer & performance...

Sorry, I digressed.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:51 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

I saw the Greendale show. Twice. The first time I was not aware of the fact the CD was a story and was going to be 'performed'. And on the encore, he played some classics (Keep On Rockin' In The Free World,...). My husband said when they played Mr. Soul, right then and there it was worth the price of admission. On the 2nd night we caught Young (months later), Costello was opening this one show (that's why we went) and I enjoyed the theme-based show more. And he changed the encore slightly (No Mr. Soul). But still a great performer & performance...

Sorry, I digressed.
I bought my Dad to see the Greendale show. All he wanted to hear was Powderfinger. Never heard it, but did his face light up when they played "Roll Another Number."
Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #36
Blue Crack Distributor

I just wanted to see the 'hits' too, as I had never seen Neil before. I was pleasantly surprised. There was some song in the encore that sounded kinda punky - it would speed up & slow down (can't remember the name). The first night I went, I didn't get Cinnamon Girl (disappointed) but I got it on the show where Costello opened. I was a happy camper
Old 07-28-2005, 11:20 PM   #37
New Yorker

STRIKE A POSE.

(God, what an awful album cover.)
Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Se7en
i don't see the problem with an artist wanting to be respected for his current work instead of his back catalog with a former band. perhaps he overreacted a little but i can see where he's coming from.
I can see his point too, however, he's allowed a couple of pricks (and yes I do think people who call out for songs they know the musician or band isn't going to play and does not want to play are pricks) to cut the show short for all the rest of the fans was even more prickish than the worst audience member.

He could have charmed most of the fans with some well placed jabs and funny comments at the offending parties while continuing the show he planned -- instead he chose to be a wanker.