Bills,bills and more fuckin bills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
I'm absolutely pissed off with paying bills,tax etc.All my money seems to go in a never ending flood of bill paying....aaaarrrrggghhhhhh.
I think i'm gonna become a council estate scumbag and get everything paid for me by the state,yep thats the way to go for me.I'm gonna become a nontax paying,thieving,sciving,smelly,debt ridden,horrible,assylum seeking,non english, white scumbag.That way i can live for free!!!!!!

rant over

buffalo_bills.jpg

destinyschildbug2.jpg

you pay my bills
can you pay my telephone bills
can you pay my automo'bills
then maybe we can chill
I don't think you do
so you and me are through

Honestly, Baldrick, sometimes I feel like a pelican. Whichever way I turn, I've still got an enormous bill in front of me.

- Edmund Blackadder.

what about the Step TEAM

clappin and a-stompin and a-yellin

those clowns

bozo.png

I know how you feel, stupidboy. Everything I have goes to bills and it's never enough. If I hear one more person tell me they want the 'total amount due' and will not make arrangements I do believe I will bust the phone. You can't give someone what you haven't got, and it's almost funny how you have like 5 different collectors each asking for an amount that is more than I even have in the bank I am so totally fucked!

Maggie1 said:
If you file for bankruptcy the bills will all go away. :wink:

I already did that 2 years ago :uhoh: so I can't do it again. Ever since we bought the new house the mortgage is so huge we can't pay everything so we had to let some of the cards go and then they got backed up and went overlimit until we couldn't pay. I don't know why they insist on burying you when you're down, if they'd just get rid of those damn late fees I could make it.

Also they just changed the law. I am afraid it's going to hurt a lot of people, and only help the greediest credit cards that can now run up the interest, minimum payments and late fees even more and no one can get out of it. At least before you could scare them that you might declare bankruptcy and they'd work with you more. They said they changed it because of 'fraud' but that's bullshit, even before the law changed, if you got caught in fraud not only was your bankruptcy voided you go to jail! They were so picky I even had to account for a car I wrecked and junked the year before, had to prove where it was and that it was worthless. Nah it's not the fraud, it's that the gov't is on the side of the rich and doesn't care about the poor and struggling.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, I don't understand why it is these agencies have such a hunger to hunt you down and eat your firstborn practically....they are vicious I tell you! Bills and bill collectors suck!

Carek1230 said:
I know what you mean, I don't understand why it is these agencies have such a hunger to hunt you down and eat your firstborn practically....they are vicious I tell you! Bills and bill collectors suck!

They are becoming more and more ruthless, threatening my husband's job, threatening to take my car, even though it has no loan on it. If they really wanted to help they'd give you a break on the payments and the fees.

I haven't been able to work this year b/c of my migraines, so my husband has been trying to make enough for both of us and we are barely squeaking by. It's soo scary b/c everytime we think wer're o.k., we get a new bill or my car needs to be fixed, etc. Now that gas has gone crazy its killing us even more b/c my husband has to drive all over to do construction bids and if he doesn't get the bid we're out the time and gas money. it sucks to be an adult. I hate money.

I have negotiated with some financial institutions to pay off at a lower rate or balance. That is tricky tho cuz they can then turn on you and reort you as a bad payer or as a write off loss to the credit reporting agencies. I have gotten to the point where I don't care, I could give a rip about my credit. I try to pay cash for stuff, I have my mom or sister loan me money or co sign for rental agreements, etc and I've had no problems buying a new car and with a new car loan, I just pay higher interest. I have one credit card I use regularly and have tried to make it a point to pay off. When my alimony runs out I am screwed, but until then I live one day at a time and to its fullest. Creditors don't scare me. I screen the calls or if I answer and they ask for me I say "she's not here" and I rip up the stuff in the mail. It's frustrating I know but try not to let it consume you. Now our government needs to do something to help people like us who are so indebted and stuck living paycheck to paycheck! THAT is where the relief will really happen.

Carek1230 said:
I have negotiated with some financial institutions to pay off at a lower rate or balance. That is tricky tho cuz they can then turn on you and reort you as a bad payer or as a write off loss to the credit reporting agencies.

Yes, they do that. Even once you negotiate and pay them instead of ignoring or taking bankruptcy, they still report you as late and write you off as a loss so your credit is just as bad as if you ignored them! When we got the house, my loan agent told me Cosumer Credit Counseling is WORSE than a bankruptcy!

I have gotten to the point where I don't care, I could give a rip about my credit. I try to pay cash for stuff, I have my mom or sister loan me money or co sign for rental agreements, etc and I've had no problems buying a new car and with a new car loan, I just pay higher interest. I have one credit card I use regularly and have tried to make it a point to pay off. When my alimony runs out I am screwed, but until then I live one day at a time and to its fullest.

I don't care about myself, I am so fucked, it's over, for life. The bankruptcy was in my name only but these bills have my husband's name on them and he has a security clearance for the gov't so if he gets bad credit he loses his job! They think if you have bad credit you're the kind of person who will sell secrets to the Iraqis :rolleyes: Sadly, our lives are ruled by credit reports. I never get called for jobs I put in for that involve handling money as if I'm a crook, and even my car insurance once went up because of it. It's sick. Like the other person posted, money sucks, it sucks being an adult. The rich own us like slaves.

Creditors don't scare me. I screen the calls or if I answer and they ask for me I say "she's not here" and I rip up the stuff in the mail. It's frustrating I know but try not to let it consume you.

I try not to, because it makes me literally hyperventilate and shake and lose sleep. I try to tell myself to stop worrying if there is nothing I can do it does no good to keep thinking about it. I don't answer the phone anymore either, since what good does it do to tell them I don't have any money when they keep asking for it? Same with the mail, I hate seeing the mail come. It's never good news. I am so stressed out by this I have gray hair and wrinkles at 35 and I know I will die young, but at least I'll be out of my misery.

Now our government needs to do something to help people like us who are so indebted and stuck living paycheck to paycheck! THAT is where the relief will really happen.

Our government recently took a step AGAINST us by making bankruptcy harder to take. They also have relaxed the limits on late fees and interest the cards can charge you. It's all about the rich, screw us! :grumpy:

Now for those who might ask how we got this way, why did we run up the cards, it's because we didn't have any money! There were times I had to charge food and gas because there was no more money. I have nothing to show for my debt, my furniture is old and broken, my clothes are threadbare and my shoes literally have holes in them. If I have anything at all I buy for the kids, not me. I was never extravagant (well except the last U2 tour but that isn't the current problem, I was too poor to go to even one show this time) It's just the bills, high gas, car problems, life in general. If you don't have enough money you get fucked by everyone.

Last edited:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I feel for you, I can relate, and wish I could offer something, anything to help. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to share O/L. I don't want to post too much publicly becuz, you're right, it seems we're so dictated and treated according to or by our credit scores. Still, I try not to let it bother me. Don't answer the phone, change your number, I throw the mail away or write Not Here and have it returned. Don't give up tho....life has so much to offer, as stressful the whole credit crunch can be and IS. I sacrificed for my son for years who I raised as a single mom and worked long hours so I know what that is like. A great gift to me was to be able to buy a happy meal for myself or rent a movie. I'd count change to come up with enough to buy food and charge food on the gas cards! I only took out ONE advance on a credit card, that is another nasty thing to do, the interest and fees will eat you alive. I don't know, it's just not fair. Lots of things in life aren't fair. I try to keep my head somewhat above water and take life one day at a time. I live for today! :wink:

Carek1230 said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I feel for you, I can relate, and wish I could offer something, anything to help. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to share O/L. I don't want to post too much publicly becuz, you're right, it seems we're so dictated and treated according to or by our credit scores. Still, I try not to let it bother me. Don't answer the phone, change your number, I throw the mail away or write Not Here and have it returned. Don't give up tho....life has so much to offer, as stressful the whole credit crunch can be and IS. I sacrificed for my son for years who I raised as a single mom and worked long hours so I know what that is like. A great gift to me was to be able to buy a happy meal for myself or rent a movie. I'd count change to come up with enough to buy food and charge food on the gas cards! I only took out ONE advance on a credit card, that is another nasty thing to do, the interest and fees will eat you alive. I don't know, it's just not fair. Lots of things in life aren't fair. I try to keep my head somewhat above water and take life one day at a time. I live for today! :wink:

Reading this thread just kills me. Sometimes I think about where the US will be in 20 or 50 years, and I imagine this huge divide between the rich and the poor, almost like a wealthy upper class and a slave working class. Sometimes I think our leaders are actively working toward this type of society.

Heck, it pisses me off, and I don't even have any credit problems. I just can't stand greed, and this is what this whole thing seems like - with the crippling interest rates and all. They credit card companies could get plenty rich without trying to screw people over.

You get one rough spot in your life and you go into debt, and then you spend the whole rest of your life trying to claw your way out of that hole. It just isn't right.

Back
Top Bottom