Bill, Wyo. Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go me. I had my camera at the Melbourne meet-up last month, but did I remember to use it when Ali and Melissa were around? Noooo. I only remembered when Ali had already left! But I TOOK PHOTOS OF TRAINS! :happy:

Here's the rear of a train disappearing into the City Loop, with my train arriving at left in the background.

s640x480

Alisaura said:

That was quite the achievement, then :wink:

I would say that it was written by Phail Collins, but since it was a Phail Collins joke ...

The Sad Punk said:
Oh dangit, the picture I just drew in MSpaint won't resize nicely enough to be my new avatar.

Curses!

And let me guess: in discovering this, your computer froze about 10,000 separate times?

Ten bucks Axxo's 38000th is spent on an equally bad - if not worse - Phail Collins joke.

Or another terrible joke related to whatever Interfad is going on at that time.:wink:

Axver said:
What pisses me off is the fact I in theory have to go in to the lecture at all! Melbourne Uni doesn't observe Labour Day. What the fuck is up with that? Do the others? UQ observes Queensland's Labour Day. I'm especially pissed because this is actually the only public holiday I SHOULD have had off. All the others fall on Fridays when I don't have class anyway, or during exam/holiday periods when it doesn't matter.

I far prefer cold. In cold weather, you can wrap up with more layers. Not much you can do in heat! Especially when you're me and you refuse to go outside with short sleeves or short pants. I'd love just a sprinkle of snow ...
Do you get Easter Monday? Or is that in a holiday or something (and heck, are there hols that soon?!)?

Monash didn't/doesn't observe Melbourne Cup day... I had an exam on that day one year. Thank god they put on buses for us to get to Caulfield!!

Fair point on wrapping up, but all else being equal, I'm more comfortable in warm weather... I hate being cold. I feel the cold more than the heat... :shrug:

The Sad Punk said:
Ten bucks Axxo's 38000th is spent on an equally bad - if not worse - Phail Collins joke.

Or another terrible joke related to whatever Interfad is going on at that time.:wink:

:lol:

Nah, it'll probably be calling somebody stupid for daring to suggest IALW is better than Heartland or something.

Alisaura said:

Do you get Easter Monday? Or is that in a holiday or something (and heck, are there hols that soon?!)?

Monash didn't/doesn't observe Melbourne Cup day... I had an exam on that day one year. Thank god they put on buses for us to get to Caulfield!!

Fair point on wrapping up, but all else being equal, I'm more comfortable in warm weather... I hate being cold. I feel the cold more than the heat... :shrug:

Easter Monday is during the "midsemester" break, so while I have it off, I'd have it off even if it weren't observed. And way to come too early, Easter!

I don't think Melbourne University observes Melbourne Cup Day either. But the odds of that even mattering for me are very slim, as I will at most have two exams and the exam period is three weeks long.

When you come from Wellington, cold weather is about as natural as following rugby, not using over half of the available vowels, and hating Aucklanders. :wink: I love good cold weather; it reminds me I'm alive. A good breeze that chills you to the bone = :up:

Axver said:
When you come from Wellington, cold weather is about as natural as following rugby, not using over half of the available vowels, and hating Aucklanders. :wink: I love good cold weather; it reminds me I'm alive. A good breeze that chills you to the bone = :up:
..... :coocoo:

I guess it's nice to be reminded that you're alive, when you're about to die of hypothermia. Still got all your fingers and toes? :wink:

Alisaura said:

Stoopid Paint/avatar restrictions... :madwife:

Yeah,it was a rocking picture too. I had it all figured out and then not even Photoshop can make a pixelated paint picture look decent when resized.

And that is why I was a fool to draw the TV Gaga Bono in MS paint.

Alisaura said:

..... :coocoo:

I guess it's nice to be reminded that you're alive, when you're about to die of hypothermia. Still got all your fingers and toes? :wink:

We Wellingtonians are a strange bunch sometimes, at least as far as weather goes. You Melburnians would be too, if it weren't for Tassie sheltering you from southerlies off the Antarctic! :tsk:

Alisaura said:
Heartland :love:

I took my bass home cos I feel so bad about not practicing the last few days....

You with your bass and Liam with his guitar are going to make me feel bad about neglecting my guitar and guilt me into getting it out and practising one of these days, aren't you? :angry:

The Sad Punk said:
And that is why I was a fool to draw the TV Gaga Bono in MS paint.

You have simply GOT to share this with us anyway.

Axver said:
We Wellingtonians are a strange bunch sometimes, at least as far as weather goes. You Melburnians would be too, if it weren't for Tassie sheltering you from southerlies off the Antarctic! :tsk:
Maybe someone from Hobart would understand.... :wink:

I am happy to say we get a good mix of cold and hot weather here. Often in the same day.

I've never been too fussed about the weather unless it's insane hot. I just like storms and lightning.

Axver said:
You with your bass and Liam with his guitar are going to make me feel bad about neglecting my guitar and guilt me into getting it out and practising one of these days, aren't you? :angry:
YES.

*guilt guilt guilt*

How do you expect Phail to succeed if you don't practice?

... wait.... :scratch:

The Sad Punk said:
I am happy to say we get a good mix of cold and hot weather here. Often in the same day.

I've never been too fussed about the weather unless it's insane hot. I just like storms and lightning.

One day in Melbourne in January, the weather dropped 12 degrees in half an hour. I'm not kidding.

I used to enjoy storms. Then I lived in Queensland and had a modem destroyed by lightning. Now I don't miss them. Melbourne's storms are so piss-weak though that I don't mind what we get here.

banofe5.jpg

I was inspired to draw this because I have been drinking beer in excess, and who else drinks beer in excess? Why, January 1986 Bano before performing two unreleased songs on national television, of course!

Alisaura said:

YES.

*guilt guilt guilt*

How do you expect Phail to succeed if you don't practice?

... wait.... :scratch:

Firstly, we need to get Daniel to move to Melbourne. What's the use of having a guitarist, bassist, and drummer if we don't have our frontman because he lives in Shepparton?

Or we could just kick him out and one of us could sing. :evil:

The Sad Punk said:
banofe5.jpg

I was inspired to draw this because I have been drinking beer in excess, and who else drinks beer in excess? Why, January 1986 Bano before performing two unreleased songs on national television, of course!

:lmao: That's hilariously awesome. And you said you drew that in MS Paint?! WOW.

I want to know what possessed them to:

1. Get pissed before their first ever live TV appearance.
2. Play Womanfish.

I'm glad they did though!

Axver said:
I used to enjoy storms. Then I lived in Queensland and had a modem destroyed by lightning. Now I don't miss them. Melbourne's storms are so piss-weak though that I don't mind what we get here.
Melbourne storms (argh, unintentional rugby reference) probably could never have compared to Qld ones, but they used to be better than this. :sigh:

Axver said:

Here's the rear of a train disappearing into the City Loop, with my train arriving at left in the background.

s640x480

I LOOOVE this photo!!!!!!! Really, really like :D

sorry, I've just been playing on my flickr album :reject:

Sometimes, I feel like posting pic's here too, but my computer so darn slow, it takes forever.

If you ever feel like boring yourself :wink: feel free to have a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeybeefotos

I think that's right :huh:

The Sad Punk said:
banofe5.jpg

Awesome!! :applaud: :bow:

Your Paint skillz pwn my pencil skills fo shizzle.
*mangles teenspeak*

I think I've seen the interview part of this TV appearance (the bandana gave it away), and I've got the audio on a CD I found in a 2nd hand CD shop... but I don't think I've actually seen this performance... Womanfish? (I have heard of it, never knew it had been performed...)

Alright folks, I think I better go to bed if I plan on railfanning it up tomorrow on the Stony Point line. Have a good night, everyone! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom