Bill, Wyo. Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TranceEnding said:
I hope the train adventure will be fun for you tomorrow Ax! When you are heading down to Frankston, make sure to wave when you hit McKinnon (I live closeby :wink: )

Hey, if you are free next Sunday (16th), do you fancy going to take some photo's in the Botanic Gardens?? Do you wanna come too Ali?? :hyper:

How about I send a carrier pigeon when I'm getting close so that you know to wave back? :wink:

And that sounds really good! I've nothing planned for that day. I think we were actually talking about doing some sort of pre-Saint Paddy's Day meetup then but never got past the "yeah, that's a nice idea" stage.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm up a tad bit earlier because I have a 7 AM meeting this morning.

You truly do live in Phailadelphia.

Every attempt at my high school to schedule anything earlier than 8am flat-out failed. Nobody turned up.

7am is for sleeping, or else blinking blearily at clocks and rolling over again.

:crack:

I was going to Melbourne from C'maine every week during most of the '94 school year... I loved the old V-Line train carriages, they were solid... by comparison, the Sprinters are made of tinfoil and they wobble and shake and you can feel every microscopic irregularity in the rails. And back then they were all BRAND NEW and stunk of that nauseating new car/train smell... :barf:
I don't get motion sick on trains... but I did on those damn things. :madwife:

I think the closest Septa is 10 or 15 minutes away. I rarely ever ride trains, since usually I can drive anywhere I need to go. Only when I'm in another city do I need to ride a train.

Alisaura said:
7am is for sleeping, or else blinking blearily at clocks and rolling over again.

:crack:

I was going to Melbourne from C'maine every week during most of the '94 school year... I loved the old V-Line train carriages, they were solid... by comparison, the Sprinters are made of tinfoil and they wobble and shake and you can feel every microscopic irregularity in the rails. And back then they were all BRAND NEW and stunk of that nauseating new car/train smell... :barf:
I don't get motion sick on trains... but I did on those damn things. :madwife:

Yeah, I'm only faintly aware 7am actually exists. I actually got up at 8:30am this morning. Earliest I've been up in weeks. Possibly a month.

Yikes, that's a fair bit of travel. Are the old V/Line carriages the ones they're still using on the carriage services today? And the painful thing about railcars is that they usually are a more economic proposition than carriage trains on the more lowly trafficked routes. Carriage trains win on so many levels though. :(

In my poor, city-dweller misfortune, I've predominantly only ridden electric multiple units, though.

The Sad Punk said:
Oh HELL YES. That post actually went through! :hyper:

This computer is still being kunsterrific, just to say.

Throw it out the window and buy a new one?

That's the Axver solution for anybody with $2,000 to spare, anyway.

The Sad Punk said:
8:30? When do you start most days, Axxo?

My earliest start is midday. :up:

Though I had my meeting with the Royal Historical Society today and they might want me to come in some mornings. I'm going to be working with them on an upcoming exhibition about the history of all the markets in Melbourne. They've got shitloads of research, it's quite amazing really, but now it needs to be organised into an exhibition and some fresh eyes - i.e. me - are rather essential.

The Sad Punk said:

Damn, you're lucky. I gotta wake up at 7am from Monday to Thursday. I used to sleep in until midday before going to Tafe, which made it even harder.

Ouch, that really sucks. I've been fairly lucky with my uni schedules. I did have a 9am tute in my first year, but I chose to do that because it fit in with my sleeping schedule at the time - I used to be an early riser, never asleep past 6-7am.

Still, this semester is unbelievable. Sure beats the hell out of last year, which had some 9:30 or 10am starts - those necessitated that I get up at 8am.

Will probably have to get up at 8am tomorrow if I plan to do the Stony Point trip. Feels a bit silly going alone, but ... I want to make sure of seeing this train before it's gone. :nerd:

Haha, how wonderfully nerdy! :)

Waking up isn't too hard, but I felt like I lost some of my abilities this week, since it was Artist's Week so we had no lessons and just watched and barely participated in forums. Man, I could watch and barely participate in forums at home, so I didn't attend most of it.

Axver said:

pre-Saint Paddy's Day

oh yeah, I completely forgot about St Pat's day :der: Not that I ever really do anything to celebrate .. well, not for aaaages.

And good evening to Bonnie :wave: :D

Oh, and Ax, how did your day go today??? :D

hai thread :crack:

help me . i had to go to

a

it was so awful

a pub. oh god. cringe :reject:

i had 1 drink for my friends bday after work and got the fuck out of there ... while she was distracted ....

urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh had a hot shower to wash it all off !

JEN! I thought we'd lost you to the clutches of your shitty long day! :hug:

oh i was lost to the shiity long day :crack:

but the fucking meat market topped it off. way to many fucking petentious assholes and their bad energy .

i will happily drink and dance myself stupid at someones house or what not, but out at a pub or club or whatever is just wrong.

TranceEnding said:

oh yeah, I completely forgot about St Pat's day :der: Not that I ever really do anything to celebrate .. well, not for aaaages.

And good evening to Bonnie :wave: :D

Oh, and Ax, how did your day go today??? :D

I don't think I've ever observed Saint Paddy's Day, except in making fun of Liam.

Things went well today! I'm going to be working on putting together an exhibition on the history of Melbourne's markets. They've already done the research, but now need to work out what exactly should go into the exhibit. Sooo much research to go through.

Axver said:

I don't think I've ever observed Saint Paddy's Day, except in making fun of Liam.

Things went well today! I'm going to be working on putting together an exhibition on the history of Melbourne's markets. They've already done the research, but now need to work out what exactly should go into the exhibit. Sooo much research to go through.

DO THE GHOST TOUR _ you will learn what the queen vic market really is :wink:

mysterious_jen said:
oh i was lost to the shiity long day :crack:

but the fucking meat market topped it off. way to many fucking petentious assholes and their bad energy .

i will happily drink and dance myself stupid at someones house or what not, but out at a pub or club or whatever is just wrong.

:hug:

Drink yourself stupid here with us. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom