Bill, Wyo. Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck yes.

My friend from Wanganui farewells everybody with "riddance". He says that while "good riddance" is an insult, "riddance" is just a statement of fact.

Wow, it's gone dead. Ali, Daniel, Jen, cin - nobody's around?

Well, hurry up and apologise for In The Phail Tonight. The world didn't need that.

The Sad Punk said:
Also, I was at the beach. Anything missed of importance?

Yes. If you'd shown up 10 minutes ago, you would've been the 999,999th visitor to this site and would've won a Caribbean cruise.

coolian2 said:

I wasn't going to pull you up on it, but....yeah.

Well, at least we know that no matter how drawn out, tired, and over-used Phail Collins becomes, nothing's going to be quite as weak and piss-poor as my 37,000th post.

Ian, you've left at completely the wrong time. I finally got my Mac to let me upload some photos I took today, including the stadium ones. Well, I'll post them tomorrow when you're around. For now, here's two for my own enjoyment.

s640x480

(W class tram crossing the LaTrobe Street bridge with the Telstra Dome in the background.)

s640x480

(And now a more modern, less attractive B2 class tram in the same spot.)

*is too*

I was wondering if any of the Muse fans were about... I've been trying to remember if I ever knew the name of the piece of classical music they rip off in the middle of Hoodoo. :giggle:

Just planning a solo railfan trip, actually. I haven't done the train from Frankston to Stony Point, the only diesel-hauled carriage train on the Melbourne suburban network. Rumours are flying that the end of it could come within this month, as it is set for replacement by one of the Sprinter diesel railcars. I don't want to miss my chance to do it. So I think I'll jump on a train down to Frankston tomorrow and ride/photograph it. I did want to do it with company, but I don't want to risk missing it. I suppose I can just read and such ...

Alisaura said:
*is too*

I was wondering if any of the Muse fans were about... I've been trying to remember if I ever knew the name of the piece of classical music they rip off in the middle of Hoodoo. :giggle:

I think I listened to Hoodoo ... once? So I'm no help. I can't stand Black Holes And Revelations. Though its songs were good live.

Axver said:
Just planning a solo railfan trip, actually. I haven't done the train from Frankston to Stony Point, the only diesel-hauled carriage train on the Melbourne suburban network. Rumours are flying that the end of it could come within this month, as it is set for replacement by one of the Sprinter diesel railcars. I don't want to miss my chance to do it. So I think I'll jump on a train down to Frankston tomorrow and ride/photograph it. I did want to do it with company, but I don't want to risk missing it. I suppose I can just read and such ...
I'm up in C'maine this weekend... sounds like a nice trip though! :up:

Also... SPRINTERS FUCKING SUCK DONKEY BALLS. :madspit: :down: :yuck:

*has traumatic memories of when they were first brought in on the Bendigo line*

I hope the train adventure will be fun for you tomorrow Ax! When you are heading down to Frankston, make sure to wave when you hit McKinnon (I live closeby :wink: )

Hey, if you are free next Sunday (16th), do you fancy going to take some photo's in the Botanic Gardens?? Do you wanna come too Ali?? :hyper:

Axver said:
I think I listened to Hoodoo ... once? So I'm no help. I can't stand Black Holes And Revelations. Though its songs were good live.
Yeah, I figured you wouldn't know. :wink:

I wish I'd seen them now. :(

TranceEnding said:
Hey, if you are free next Sunday (16th), do you fancy going to take some photo's in the Botanic Gardens?? Do you wanna come too Ali?? :hyper:
I'll try to schedule my dolphin/seal-spotting trip for Saturday then... sounds good! :up:

Hi pfan :wave: How's America today?

Alisaura said:

I'm up in C'maine this weekend... sounds like a nice trip though! :up:

Also... SPRINTERS FUCKING SUCK DONKEY BALLS. :madspit: :down: :yuck:

*has traumatic memories of when they were first brought in on the Bendigo line*

Looks like it's going to be a surprisingly long trip too. I don't want to take any risks with my connections, so I'll be out the door on the 8:54am tram to get to Frankston for the 11:05am departure to Stony Point. I probably won't get home until 3pm! Better take a muffin with me ...

I've not been on a Sprinter yet. It seems the people over on Vicsig think introducing the Sprinters to the Stony Point line is a good thing! My plan for the next couple of months is to take a few trips to regional areas just to see what the trains are like and to get out and about. Even if I'll probably just have my nose buried in some book anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom