Bill, Wyo. Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #226
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

but he divorced his wife to be with you!
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #227
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:41 AM
You guys are made of Phail Collins DNA
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #228
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Beav is from Long Island. So is Chuck D.
and your point?
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #229
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,021
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
no free refills? wtf? i already have to expect like an extra $10 on my bill whenever i come to the sad conclusion i'm in the mood for milk instead of tea because i always need like two or three refills (yes even with milk which has no ice), i can't imagine paying for refills of tea, especially since it costs pennies to make. they already make a killing on charging what they do for milk and juice.
In the rest of the world, i.e. where the concentration of grossly overweight and unbelievably stupid George Bush voters with nasty twangs is far, far lower, you pay for each drink. I mean, you don't get a free refill if you decide you really could go for a second pizza. You pay for the second fucking pizza!

So I'll laugh and laugh when Americans have to get used to the idea of paying for refills.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #230
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

and your point?
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 PM   #231
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
he'd pull out his hair in frustration but he doesn't have any left!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #232
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
In the rest of the world, i.e. where the concentration of grossly overweight and unbelievably stupid George Bush voters with nasty twangs is far, far lower, you pay for each drink. I mean, you don't get a free refill if you decide you really could go for a second pizza. You pay for the second fucking pizza!

So I'll laugh and laugh when Americans have to get used to the idea of paying for refills.
that's because it's so inexpensive to make coffee, tea, and soda. as someone who's been on all three sides of the restaurant equation (serving/making the food, working for a food service company, and of course being a customer) i know how cheap tea and coffee is, and how cheap soda syrup is. all they need to do is add water which is pretty cheap and they have their finished product. i've read it costs like maybe 10 cents to make any of these drinks, yet fast food restaurants charge ~$1. sit down places charge at least $2.

however, pizza requires the purchasing of tomato sauce, cheese, dough, and toppings. so for that i can understand why they don't give free refills. although one restaurant i go to sometimes offers free refills of french fries, which is something i've never done. i can barely finish what they give me, let alone eat more fries.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #233
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 02:41 PM
i killed the thread with my knowledge of the cost of beverages
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #234
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,021
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

that's because it's so inexpensive to make coffee, tea, and soda. as someone who's been on all three sides of the restaurant equation (serving/making the food, working for a food service company, and of course being a customer) i know how cheap tea and coffee is, and how cheap soda syrup is. all they need to do is add water which is pretty cheap and they have their finished product. i've read it costs like maybe 10 cents to make any of these drinks, yet fast food restaurants charge ~$1. sit down places charge at least $2.

however, pizza requires the purchasing of tomato sauce, cheese, dough, and toppings. so for that i can understand why they don't give free refills. although one restaurant i go to sometimes offers free refills of french fries, which is something i've never done. i can barely finish what they give me, let alone eat more fries.
Of course; it makes economic sense and I really don't get why it isn't done here. Any restaurant that did it would make a killing with increased customer volume. I just hate America. It's the worst country on the planet and yet you pay $1-2 for as many drinks as you want while we pay $3-4 per drink.

Fucking Yanks.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:45 PM   #235
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,021
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i killed the thread with my knowledge of the cost of beverages
Don't worry, I've probably just restarted it with a flamewar about the US.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #236
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Of course; it makes economic sense and I really don't get why it isn't done here. Any restaurant that did it would make a killing with increased customer volume. I just hate America. It's the worst country on the planet and yet you pay $1-2 for as many drinks as you want while we pay $3-4 per drink.

Fucking Yanks.
we're not that bad

i don't know what it is for sit down restaurants, but the food that makes the most profit for fast food restaurants is soft drinks and french fries, because even with paper costs and manpower, it still costs so little to produce them. they make a killing on that stuff.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #237
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,021
Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

we're not that bad
I probably could argue that you are, but I don't know if I really want to take the thread down that path.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #238
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Penis.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #239
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,600
Local Time: 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I probably could argue that you are, but I don't know if I really want to take the thread down that path.
two great things about living here:
1. snow in march (mmmm, global warming)
2. seeing this on the cover of your newspaper:
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #240
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Back later mah peepz
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com