Bill, Wyo. Superthread - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I now wish I hadn't used Exit in my last submission because it'd be a great and very ambiguous closer for my current idea.
I was actually thinking of using the Exit remaster on mine. But I'm not sure.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

What's the status on singers being in multiple bands/having solo projects? Like, for instance, Jeremy Enigk is the singer of Sunny Day Real Estate, The Fire Theft, and has 3 solo albums. Would I be able to select one track from each, if I so choose?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #168
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

I was actually thinking of using the Exit remaster on mine. But I'm not sure.
I'm going to be bold. Fuck Interference, I'm not going to limit myself to non-metal. I Am The Wooden Doors by Agalloch is so in.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm going to be bold. Fuck Interference, I'm not going to limit myself to non-metal. I Am The Wooden Doors by Agalloch is so in.
I figured yours would be all metal.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #170
Vocal parasite

Quote:
What's the status on singers being in multiple bands/having solo projects? Like, for instance, Jeremy Enigk is the singer of Sunny Day Real Estate, The Fire Theft, and has 3 solo albums. Would I be able to select one track from each, if I so choose?
Yes, go right ahead. My last entry had tracks by Split Enz, Crowded House, the Finn Brothers, and Neil Finn solo.

Basically, we established that as long as the work exists as a separate entity, it can be used. I recall using as a limiter the example of The Shadows. They were an independent band, but also functioned as Cliff Richard's backing band. You could use a Shadows song and a Cliff Richard song that happens to have The Shadows as his backing band, but you can't use a Cliff Richard song and a Cliff Richard song that happens to have The Shadows as his backing band.

And to avoid arguments, Passengers tracks do not count for U2. This suits both the "Passengers is not U2, OMG I DUNNA UNDASTAND SOODONIMS!!!1!!1" crowd and those of us who do think Passengers counts as a U2 album - it's a loophole that gets U2 in there twice!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #171
Blue Crack Addict

Just as I know mine will have no metal. And the closest thing to metal will be PT.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #172
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I figured yours would be all metal.
Except for my first submission and one track I submitted for the Symphonic Island Supertracklist, I have never used metal because I figure most people aren't open to it. But fuck it, I have an artistic vision here and I'll use whatever tracks achieve it, regardless of genre.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yes, go right ahead. My last entry had tracks by Split Enz, Crowded House, the Finn Brothers, and Neil Finn solo.

Basically, we established that as long as the work exists as a separate entity, it can be used. I recall using as a limiter the example of The Shadows. They were an independent band, but also functioned as Cliff Richard's backing band. You could use a Shadows song and a Cliff Richard song that happens to have The Shadows as his backing band, but you can't use a Cliff Richard song and a Cliff Richard song that happens to have The Shadows as his backing band.

And to avoid arguments, Passengers tracks do not count for U2. This suits both the "Passengers is not U2, OMG I DUNNA UNDASTAND SOODONIMS!!!1!!1" crowd and those of us who do think Passengers counts as a U2 album - it's a loophole that gets U2 in there twice!
That's good news as I will be wanting to put in Starflyer 59 and The Brothers Martin (Jason Martin being the singer of both).
Old 03-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #174
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:31 PM
Quote:

You do realise animated signs are all created by the Phail Collins Ad Agency?
That bastard is responsible for a lot of fuckups
Old 03-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Except for my first submission and one track I submitted for the Symphonic Island Supertracklist, I have never used metal because I figure most people aren't open to it. But fuck it, I have an artistic vision here and I'll use whatever tracks achieve it, regardless of genre.
So how does it work, anyway? Do people zip the songs up and post them on mediafire so people can hear all the tunes they're not familiar with? Or is it just based on preconceptions of bands and songs?
Old 03-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #176
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

PRIME FINANCE BASIN RESERVE?! That's happening? Prime Finance, it's time to die, bitch.
They're probably a dodgy finance company and will die before you get at them, if that makes you feel any better.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #177
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2

That bastard is responsible for a lot of fuckups
Well, he is an epic Phail.

... thank you, I'll be here all week.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #178
Blue Crack Supplier

This biff character in the Survivor thread is how you would say, a karnt.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #179
Vocal parasite

Quote:

So how does it work, anyway? Do people zip the songs up and post them on mediafire so people can hear all the tunes they're not familiar with? Or is it just based on preconceptions of bands and songs?
After the latter caused some really good stuff to not advance past the heats in the first tournament, we've relied on the former. Uploads were initially voluntary, but are now mandatory. Anybody who can't upload their tracklist will be disqualified.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going for 3rd time lucky that I exist today. Can you all see me? I think I'm here but no one's talking to me I phail.

Tags
superthread