Bill Gates & Oprah Winfrey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
Spotted at San Diego High School today filming a segment of an Oprah show where Bill Gates was donating more of his money to the school and San Diego School District.

That is wonderful news, Bill is such a philanthropist. His heart and soul are in the right place. Thank you for sharing that info Cerek. Would you happen to know when the segment will air?

I don't know when it will air, I will ry to find out. I know a few people at work whose kids go to SD High School. Bill Gates and his foundation donate a lot of money to schools. I would think writing their foundation which you can do on their website may just peek an interest. love_u2_adam you should get together with some fellow students and faculty from your school and formulate a plan and outline a letter to Gates. Do some good for the school and community rather than spending wasteful time on silly subjects on message boards.

It won't necessarily help you meet Bono. He has nothing to do with the Gates Foundation and the money that the foundation and/or Bill and Melinda Gates contribute to American schools.

It would be a constructive and worthwhile good deed to campaign. I highly doubt that your school is crap, that simply seems to be your attitude about it. If you feel that way about it, why not stand up and attempt to do something to change that? Make your school a better place. The energy put into that effort is much more worthwhile than sitting day after endless day on the internet posting pictures and carrying on giddy conversations.

Interesting about Gates...he has said for a long time now that his kids will only get about one million each when he goes...he doesn't want them to rely on him.

I think this is very interesting. The Gates organization is amazing. It is amazing to see a man who is richer than God (literally) and put it all to great uses.

ljclary said:
Interesting about Gates...he has said for a long time now that his kids will only get about one million each when he goes...he doesn't want them to rely on him.

I think this is very interesting. The Gates organization is amazing. It is amazing to see a man who is richer than God (literally) and put it all to great uses.

I read that about the Gates heirs....I believe it was in Time mag. I think that's rather humble actually but I cannot even fathom raising children in such wealth as that household!

There is thread here that is worth looking at if you haven't seen it, a young boy, 12 yrs I think who did something extraordinary for his school. He was surprisingly and richly rewarded for his actions but mostly for his giving and caring.

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=3466116#post3466116

Back
Top Bottom