big news for Springsteen fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
shit.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Paper says tix go on sale Saturday. I was going to leave for Nevada on Saturday morning at around 6:30. Now, maybe not. :mad: It's not yet listed on TM, but I haven't known the listings in the paper to be wrong before.

crap. :mad:

It's really weird how they've been slow to get on TM. Detroit just showed up on there this morning and it goes on sale tomorrow.

:shrug:

By the way, for anyone interested who is familiar with torrents, the second Asbury Park rehearsal show has surfaced on Dime. You'll have to be patient, though - there's currently 424 leechers on there right now! :ohmy:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=93267

martha said:
It's on the Greek Theatre website as going on sale this Saturday at 10. Guess I'll have to be late to Nevada. I don't think my mom will be home to snag me a ticket. Although she might be. :hmm:

I wouldn't trust my mom to get me a ticket. :lol:

I enlisted her help for U2 last year, but I had ridiculous luck getting GA's so she was just for "in case my computer blew up" purposes.

I'm really torn on the Phoenix show. I just can't decide if this particular show will be road trip worthy or not. I'd do it for the solo show again in a heartbeat but I'm just not sure about this one. It's on a Saturday so that's a plus.

i can't go to the boston show :( my mom is the only person i know who'd go with me, which normally isn't a problem, but i need a car to get to boston. i don't have one. and i need my mom to drive me to the airport the next morning because i'm flying out to colorado. she's not big on the idea of going to the show and staying overnight.

:shifty:

I have ridiculous luck with Ticketmaster. Ridiculous.

Event/Item Qty Type Sec Row Seats Description
Bruce Springsteen with the Seeger Sessions Band
DTE Energy Music Theatre
Clarkston, MI
Sat, Jun 17, 2006 07:30 PM

2 FULL PRICE ADULT TICKET RT2 C 9 - 8
PAVILION SEATING
PREMIUM SEATING AREA-WILL CALL ONLY
** RIGHT SIDE SECTION OF HOUSE **
COVERED SEATING

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Anyone wanna come with me? :sexywink:

i likes the album... don't love it, but i like it.

it's very well done and all... but it's kinda the type of album that you have to be in the mood to listen to.

then again it may have an unfair disadvantage because i haven't been able to knock pearl jam's new album off the playlist yet

bruce's cd will probably just sit around for a while and eventually i'll "discover" it's goodness later on

There's a "new" song streaming at his site: http://brucespringsteen.net/site.html
The song is "How Can A Poor Man Stand Such Times And Live?" (New Orleans '06) and it has some verses rewritten by Bruce about New Orleans.

This song was written by Blind Alfred Reed and recorded a month after the crash of '29 that heralded the Great Depression. I first heard it on Ry Cooder's self - titled debut album (1970). To his arrangement we owe a debt. I kept the "doctor" first verse by Reed then wrote three others with a mind to the great trials the people of New Orleans have faced this year.

:cool:

Ask how fuckin' great I'm livin'. Just ask me.

Ok, here's how great. I not only left for Nevada at 7 AM, I still got a semi-good, only slightly sucky seat for the LA show. Ticketbastard, a cell phone, and a turn off on the Nipton Road all worked together for me at 10:23. I tried at 10 on the Halloran Summit exit, but no deal. Then I tried again when I turned off to head for Nipton. Score! I haven't looked at a detailed seating chart yet, but the one I had with me in the car indicates that it's not the greatest seat, but wtf, not bad for driving across the Mojave at the same time. :D

:applaud:

Kinda like how I quickly ordered tickets for Pearl Jam last Saturday while at the same time preparing to go to Amsterdam for some festivities.

:up: Martha!

:cool:

phanan said:
Supposedly Boston isn't going on sale until 5/12, yet it's the first show of the U.S. tour on 5/27.

:scratch:

I don't get it.

Yeah...and they haven't announced the on-sale date for DC---the second show of the tour. :mad:

Oops...nevermind. They go on sale this Friday! 5/5

They must have announced it today and I missed it. Finals week. :banghead:

I found out why Boston isn't on sale yet.

There's been a last minute change of venue. Instead of playing at the Garden, he's going to the Tweeter Center. Tickets still don't go on sale until 5/12, though.

The good news about this move is that it's outdoors now.

The bad news is that it's further away for me. Oh well. I guess I'll live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom