big news for Springsteen fans! - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #301
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Awesome! I just checked it out and it looks like a great view.

The ticket fairy must've looked out for you.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

2 W would have been a nice pull.

Best I've seen was 1AA, a little wide, not enough to make me pull the trigger considering the rest of my week.

Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

The ticket fairy
That gay gentleman who works at the box office? Nice guy.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #304
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
That gay gentleman who works at the box office? Nice guy.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:20 AM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Well, I'll take it. Still pissed I lost that Sec. 2, though.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #306
Blue Crack Addict

For those interested, this has been more or less the setlist being played in Europe. He hasn't been changing it up as much, obviously, since this is a different type of tour.

Setlist: Old Dan Tucker/O Mary Don't You Weep/Johnny 99/John Henry/Eyes on the Prize/Jesse James/Cadillac Ranch/Long Black Veil/Erie Canal/My Oklahoma Home/Mrs. McGrath/How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?/Jacob's Ladder/We Shall Overcome/Open All Night/Pay Me My Money Down

Encore: My City of Ruins/Ramrod/You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)/When the Saints Go Marching In/Buffalo Gals
Old 05-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #307
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
For those interested, this has been more or less the setlist being played in Europe. He hasn't been changing it up as much, obviously, since this is a different type of tour.

Setlist: Old Dan Tucker/O Mary Don't You Weep/Johnny 99/John Henry/Eyes on the Prize/Jesse James/Cadillac Ranch/Long Black Veil/Erie Canal/My Oklahoma Home/Mrs. McGrath/How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?/Jacob's Ladder/We Shall Overcome/Open All Night/Pay Me My Money Down

Encore: My City of Ruins/Ramrod/You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)/When the Saints Go Marching In/Buffalo Gals
Nice!

I'm so for this show, which one would think is weird, but hey, it's Bruce.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:33 AM   #308
War Child

Quote:

I just hope they play Long Black Veil in DC. That's one of my favorite songs and to hear Bruce sing it would be
Old 05-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #309
Blue Crack Addict

I went last night to the Boston show. I don't have time to go in depth, but I'll say this. It was unfuckingbelievable. I was curious how the show would compare to his others, and it blows away his solo tour of last year, and dare I say I enjoyed it as much as going to an E Street show. That's how awesome it was.

Old 05-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #310
Blue Crack Distributor

Sounds great!

Soooo cannot wait to see him.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

I agree, it was unfuckingbelievable

Wow those songs really translate live, much more so than on the CD. And so do the reworkings of the other songs.

I really enjoyed the Bush comments too

My only complaint is Peter Wolf, oh God enough already! My eyes, my ears, poor Patti.

Bruce was in ultra fine form, I thoroughly enjoyed the little dances and butt shaking He is sexier than any 30 or 25 year old, whatever.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #312
She's the One

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
it blows away his solo tour of last year, and dare I say I enjoyed it as much as going to an E Street show. That's how awesome it was.

(This is coming up for me. I suppose I should listen to the album a few more times. )
Old 05-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #313
Blue Crack Addict

Here's the Boston setlist for those curious...

Setlist: John Henry/O Mary Don't You Weep/Johnny 99/Old Dan Tucker/Eyes on the Prize/Jesse James/Cadillac Ranch/Erie Canal/My Oklahoma Home/If I Should Fall Behind/Mrs. McGrath/How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?/Jacob's Ladder/We Shall Overcome/Open All Night/Pay Me My Money Down

Encore: Bring Them Home (If You Love Your Uncle Sam)/Ramrod/You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)/When the Saints Go Marching In/Dirty Water (w/ Peter Wolf)/Buffalo Gals (w/ Peter Wolf)

And I agree about the reworkings of his own stuff - they worked very well, especially Open All Night. What a scorcher that was.

The crowd was really into it. Absolutely great show.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
MUSIC REVIEW
Springsteen delivers a backyard blowout
By Joan Anderman, Globe Staff | May 29, 2006

Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band
At: Tweeter Center, Saturday night

MANSFIELD-- Bruce Springsteen and 17 of his most musical friends transformed the Tweeter Center stage into a giant porch last night, simultaneously christening the venue's season, kicking off the artist's US tour, and welcoming the summer season with a 2 1/2-hour performance that was more backyard party than rock concert.

Springsteen is touring in support of ``We Shall Overcome," a collection of songs popularized by Pete Seeger, and last night's homespun symphony of accordions and fiddles, pedal steel guitars, and joyful voices was filled with the irrepressible spirit that's the very essence of folk music.

Springsteen hollered and stomped and led his strumming, plucking, honking, sawing ensemble through jubilant takes on ``John Henry," ``Jacob's Ladder," and nearly every other track on the new album. He also reworked a handful of songs from his back catalog -- down-home versions of ``Johnny 99," ``Cadillac Ranch," ``Open All Night," ``Ramrod," and ``You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)."

Any fans expecting a signature Springsteen show were surely startled to find themselves scrolling through musical history. Spirituals and sea chanteys, outlaw ballads and minstrel tunes, civil rights ballads and dustbowl anthems were the order of the night -- with a heavy nod to New Orleans and an unexpected dose of soul.

A blowsy horn section turned everything in its path positively Bourbon Street, while Boston-based banjo player Greg Liszt affectionately evoked the project's namesake with his four humble strings on rousing singalongs of ``Old Dan Tucker," ``Jesse James," and the grade-school staple ``Erie Canal."

Seeger's role as outspoken activist echoed as well, in the great Irish anti war song ``Mrs. McGrath" and the classic ``We Shall Overcome," which Springsteen introduced as ``the most important political protest song ever written." He also performed Seeger's ``Bring 'Em Home," which was a new addition to the set along with the Depression-era ``How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live" (with three new Bruce-penned verses dedicated to the residents of New Orleans).

Local rocker Peter Wolf joined the band for a show-closing (and show-stopping) medley of ``Dirty Water" and ``Buffalo Gals."
Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

Ah, Joan Anderman, super genius, the same reviewer who days earlier noted that Pearl Jam's set included the mythical song "Cannibal", tells us that Bruce christened the Tweeter Center's season.
Uh, Joan, Uh Kiss 108 concert a week earlier...hello...Joan.

And it just wouldn't be Bruce in Boston (or the suburbs) without Peter Wolf and Dirty Water.