big news for Springsteen fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

When it comes to my favorite artists like Bruce and U2, damn straight.

:up:

how to dismantle an atomic bomb was the last CD that i purchased.

everything else i get is downloaded. cheaper, quicker, safer for the environment (ok i don't really care about that), less clutter, and the only thing i use for music now is my iPod or computer anyways, so even if i purchased a CD i'm just gonna burn it ot the iPod anyways. :shrug:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

everything else i get is downloaded. cheaper, quicker, safer for the environment (ok i don't really care about that), less clutter, and the only thing i use for music now is my iPod or computer anyways, so even if i purchased a CD i'm just gonna burn it ot the iPod anyways. :shrug:

:sad: Way to make old people cry. :angry:

LemonMacPhisto said:
who's Pete Seeger? :reject:

Wow.

Ok, well I really shouldn't say that because all I really know of him is what I've read through bios of other musicians, but he was basically one of the first real folk music pioneers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Seeger

As for the tour, I love him with the E Streeters, but I guess I should experience him solo. I probably would have enjoyed this last tour, but some other band was touring and getting to those shows was a bit more important. :wink: Besides, I'd seen Bruce in 2002, 2003 and 2004 so I felt ok taking a year off from him. :lol:

I love seeing him solo (went to three shows this year), and I'll take anything new from him, even if it's covers, but I was really hoping for an E Street record next.

But the fact that he's releasing another album only one year after the last one, well, that hasn't happened since his first two albums back in 1973! So I guess I shouldn't complain...

By Jonathan Cohen1 hour, 49 minutes ago

Almost exactly a year since the release of his last studio album, "Devils & Dust," Bruce Springsteen will return April 25 with the first covers set of his career.

"We Shall Overcome -- The Seeger Sessions" (Columbia) features material long associated with Pete Seeger, the octogenarian folk pioneer who wrote such classics as "If I Had a Hammer" and "Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is a Season)."

The 13-track set eschews those songs in favor of tracks like opener "Old Dan Tucker," "We Shall Overcome," "Shenandoah," "Erie Canal" and "Froggie Went A-Courtin." Two bonus tracks, "Buffalo Gals" and "How Can I Keep From Singing," will be found on the DualDisc release, as will a 30-minute behind-the-scenes documentary.

Springsteen is backed on the album by musicians including his wife, Patti Scialfa, fellow E Street Band accompanist Soozie Tyrell, trumpet player Mark Pender, trombonist Richie "La Bamba" Rosenberg, guitarist Frank Bruno and upright bassist Jeremy Chatzy. A number of these musicians will join him on the road in North America and Europe this spring, with dates to be announced.

Springsteen's stripped-down Devils & Dust tour did big business in 2005, grossing more than $33.4 million from 65 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore, 46 of them sellouts. It is unknown what type of venue the new dates will play, but Springsteen manager Jon Landau told Billboard last fall that arena theater configurations proved successful for the Devils & Dust dates.

The title track from "Devils & Dust" recently won a Grammy for best solo rock vocal performance.

Here is the track list for "We Shall Overcome":

"Old Dan Tucker"

"Jessie James"

"Mrs. McGrath"

"Oh, Mary, Don't You Weep"

"John Henry"

"Erie Canal"

"Jacob's Ladder"

"My Oklahoma Home"

"Eyes on the Prize"

"Shenandoah"

"Pay Me My Money Down"

"We Shall Overcome"

"Froggie Went A-Courtin"'

Bonus Tracks:

"Buffalo Gals"

"How Can I Keep From Singing"

Reuters/Billboard

I agree, it's not something that I see myself playing a lot.

I consider this more of a side project-type thing. Think U2 and the Passengers album, for example. Not a lot of people get into that album, either. I personally could never listen to the whole thing straight through - some awesome songs mixed in with things I don't bother with.

I think this Springsteen album will be the same way...

He did a whole album similar in vein to what Streets Of Philadelphia is like.

In fact, if you have the Essential Springsteen, you can hear the only other song released from those sessions. It's called Missing, and it is one of his best songs...

Yes, we're good at derailing threads...:lol:

But it's still Springsteen, so hey, not too bad. :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
*waits for Bruce fans to throw tomatoes at her* :reject:

:shifty:
I'm not allowed to say anything or Martha will track me down...

But I do have The Ghost Of Tom Joad.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom